: 2003 Cadillac Escalade Rearend Noise..Help!!!

Escalade23
08-25-09, 02:52 PM
Hello! I absolutely love my '03 Escalade, however there is a loud "scraping" type noise coming from the rear of the truck. It sounds like the brakes, but I don't think that is the issue b/c I recently had brake work done and the noise has not stopped. The noise is driving me crazy..does anyone know what this is and what I need to do to fix it??

sk7
08-25-09, 04:38 PM
I also had a noize from the back, more noticeable while backing up. I suspected the backing plates (they are rusty and half gone) but it was the chrome coating on the inner wheel that was rubbing against the brake assembly! Its peeling pretty bad on the inside. Got rid of all the flaking chrome there and noize gone!

Escalade23
08-25-09, 04:47 PM
thanks man I appreciate it! hopefully it gets rid of the noise!!

ponicg
08-25-09, 08:53 PM
I had an issue just like this, when turning+accelerating. Wound up being a heat shield that cracked. They clamped it and it fixed it.

Escalade23
08-26-09, 08:35 AM
It ended up being the chrome flaking on the inner wheel..what an easy fix...no more noise!!! Thanks a lot!!!

smelly$cat
08-26-09, 02:22 PM
Wow! I never would have guessed this to be the root cause. I would think anything flaking would just break away and fall off if it made contact with something. Very interesting.

It ended up being the chrome flaking on the inner wheel..what an easy fix...no more noise!!! Thanks a lot!!!