: ricky williams leaves the dolphins

illumina
07-26-04, 07:28 PM
oh well, im a big football fan and i just thought that it is very interesting that the dolphins top RB, and one of the NFL's best retired at age 27. any thoughts on this one? and anyone want to bet that the dolphins will probably take it all this year?

Elvis
07-27-04, 12:07 PM
Rumors swirling around Miami and Detroit say they're trying to talk Barry Sanders out of retirement. Not sure if I believe that or not.

Msilva954
07-27-04, 01:12 PM
Im sad as hell.......Ricky lives down the street from me, I guess those rides in his 360 Modena were better to him then playing for the Dolphins.......According to espn, Ricky said he was never really in to Football, it was all his friends and family that made him play, and now he can stand up and quit.

I too believe he couldnt take the pressure.....he is EXTREMELY shy and timid, which is why he wears those glasses in his helmet. And he takes alot of anti-depressent medication.

He was basically the lead of our team and he is what brung the team together.....he could have replaced the Dolphin as our mascot, thats just how popular he is down here. And with his great record it really pisses alot of die-hard dolphin fans that he didnt stick around for a championship..........like Dan.......and alot of people were thinking he would be the Dolphins next Dan Marino too.

In the end.....this spontanious discition on his part pisses me off and everyone down here too. But the Dolphins have had a really odd year so far, and I feel getting a new head coach is the start to us becoming a better team.

Finally on a side note, I was thinking that maybe he was doing this because Shaq is getting all the publicity lately..........hmmmmmmmmmmmmmm. who knows??

lowscola
07-27-04, 05:16 PM
it's scary to think he was so good and just going through the motions. He really doesn't even like football let alone love the game like many players do. His heart wasn't in it so he left. I can't blame him. He has enough money to retire, and it was probably in his best interest from a metal health standpoint. He just want's to travel and enjoy art now.

I can't imagine how Miami fans feel. Thats like Ray Lewis retiring from the Ravens...I'd shed a tear...

I almost forgot the Ravens play Miami the last game of the season. And without Ricky Williams...the Dolphins don't stand a chance...

illumina
08-08-04, 03:09 AM
geezus!!! i think the dolphins are screwed now. they just lost david boston for the whole season due to a knee injury. i hope those miami fans dont have any big money put up on them.

Msilva954
08-08-04, 09:19 AM
I know a couple that do..........:(

T_Dogg8
08-09-04, 11:54 AM
i lost any respect for ricky when he said doing drugs was one of his reasons for retiring. i don't know if they will, but miami can go after him to get his money they paid him back. something about him not being old enough or played long enough to retire like that. and any more on the rumor he's going to oakland??

Stoneage_Caddy
08-09-04, 02:12 PM
for us up here in buc land i guess its like john lynch leaving tampa ...we were all shocked and stunned by it ...he was great for our community

as for ricky , good riddence , esp if he didnt love the game .....too much of the money grubbing and not enough love of the game anymore ........

illumina
08-09-04, 07:03 PM
for us up here in buc land i guess its like john lynch leaving tampa ...we were all shocked and stunned by it ...he was great for our community

as for ricky , good riddence , esp if he didnt love the game .....too much of the money grubbing and not enough love of the game anymore ........

agreed...ricky is an ass for sure, but john lynch is a class act. period. gruden is overhauling the team to make it his. and i feel that the bucs, although another season from a return to the playoffs, will be a force to be reconed with again. as for the dolphins...
:helpless: how much you all want to bet that the fins' will win it all??how much?i bet this... :golden:

AirJigga25
08-10-04, 12:25 PM
Dolphins fans around the world are being torchered!!

not only do they have to deal with Dave Wannstedt, they have to deal with losing their running back and receiver!

Msilva954
08-10-04, 12:31 PM
Dolphins fans around the world are being torchered!!

not only do they have to deal with Dave Wannstedt, they have to deal with losing their running back and receiver!

Wannstedt needs to go.......we down here have had enough with him.......the training camp is literlly one block from my highschool....and when they all run down the side walk so much Sh!t is said to him and thrown at him.........

illumina
08-10-04, 08:43 PM
Wannstedt needs to go.......we down here have had enough with him.......the training camp is literlly one block from my highschool....and when they all run down the side walk so much Sh!t is said to him and thrown at him.........

i like dave, but as a coordinator. he is too lax as a head coach in this league. my thing is about the fins' is that without ricky, they made the playoffs...with him, they have not. they have the defense to keep opponents honest, but the offense will still be lackluster. but i really dont think it is too much worse than it was before ricky. if feidler can stay healthy for the WHOLE season, and chambers steps up with his game, then i see no reason why they cannot compete for a wild card spot. and of course, it depends on if the team can stay loyal to wannstedt too.

Msilva954
08-10-04, 09:10 PM
In my opinion he really makes some pretty crappy calls..............the thing is....while I hate to say it......when they had Ricky WIlliams....they didnt treat it as though they had something special........he could have been used much more then he was........and QB isnt so great either..........

I say they need to pick up Sap.......but dont see that ever happinin.

Stoneage_Caddy
08-11-04, 12:05 AM
things got beatter here , we got Brown .....now to remedy this whole mcardell issue ....i say send him packin like that keyshwan kid

illumina
08-11-04, 12:12 AM
funny thing: gruden left for tampa, and he met HIS team in the superbowl, and beat them. now he is bringing his team from oakland to tampa. although tampa will be poster boys for the geriatric olympics foundation, they will compete like oakland did a couple of years ago. but what will gruden do when his team starts to require senior gold cards?

Stoneage_Caddy
08-11-04, 12:23 AM
i dont know but everything you said is true ........