: Hey, Blazeone....

lev
07-06-03, 02:50 AM
I noticed that one of those toys you got posted on the other thread is a Russain Kalashnikov and the other is some American answer to that.

I am totally ignorant. Tell me, what's the make and model of the Americah rifle? And which one of the tow you think is better?... and why?

blazeone
07-06-03, 11:01 AM
The upper picture is my Bulgarian Krinkov. The Krinkov is the special forces sub-gun of the AK74. Which is chambered in the 5.45 X 30mm round.

The middle picture is of my HK MP5. These are German, chambered for the 9mm Nato round.

The bottom picture is of my IMI Israeli UZI. Imported by Action Arms in PA. Chambered for the 9mm Nato round.

They are all fun to shoot and are unique in thier own ways, no favorites.

Ralph
07-06-03, 08:57 PM
Are they full-auto or semi-automatic? The only full-auto I fired was a modified Israeli Gailil in 5.56 mm or .223 remington. Twenty years ago, in the Malisha we used the Belgium FN FAL's. Now that's a man's gun weighing in at 10-15 pounds or so in .308 cal. I've always prefered semi-auto because it takes skill to use the sights accurately and make the shot count. What do you have for handguns? :worship:

blazeone
07-06-03, 09:03 PM
They all have semi-auto packs on them. They are registared as SBR's "short barrelled rifles". Full auto packs would run another 6-8k more. :wacky:

Ralph
07-06-03, 09:11 PM
OK, I guess I should have looked at your little pic better and realized what it is. (select fire control) What do you think of the Steyr-AUG's. I notice that a lot of movies set in the future use them. They have a tri-burst option built in the trigger, ie. squeeze the trigger a little,(one shot), squeeze a little more (tri-burst), squeeze all the way, (rock & roll). These are very expensive and we cannot own one in Canada anymore. :vomit: Most interesting IMO is the HK G11 with caseless rounds. Very expensive, not that reliable as far as I know, and the Germans had a lot of trouble with them.