: Big change coming to a GM (V) near you...

commander112
08-25-09, 07:24 AM
Today GM announced no more "GM" chicklet logo on the side of their cars as they want to concentrate on building brand identity instead of corporate identity. Now where is my fishing line?

Mark

Prof
08-25-09, 07:59 AM
Today GM announced no more "GM" chicklet logo on the side of their cars as they want to concentrate on building brand identity instead of corporate identity. Now where is my fishing line?

Mark

My very first mod, the first week I had it. What a terrible addition to an otherwise really nice vehicle...

The philosophical shift mentioned above, can only be good, if it is a serious effort to remake the organization...but often these are the "fixes of the week" rather than truly new thinking in very large organizations. As the strategic planner for a large organization in a "prior life", I learned that changing the heading of a large entity was a long slow process.

mik2718
08-25-09, 08:39 AM
Removed my chiclets as soon as the cae got home. Good riddance.

I like to think I bought a "Cadillac" rather than a "GM."

demorgan59
08-25-09, 09:31 AM
GM just performed my first mod for me. I guess my steering wheel and shift knob change out will be the first one now. Thanks GM for that one too.

Marcuse12
08-25-09, 10:08 AM
How is that thing held on, glue or bolt?

How did you get it off?

The Tony Show
08-25-09, 10:10 AM
Funny- I remember when they started adding them to build unity between the brands.

Razorecko
08-25-09, 10:29 AM
lol you know in 20yrs that those chicklets will be worth something

Hawkeye2
08-25-09, 10:35 AM
I'm odd man out, I kinda like them!

demorgan59
08-25-09, 10:53 AM

How did you get it off?

Attached with really strong, double stick tape. Use a fish line (or dental floss). Also, tape around the emblem with blue painters tape to prevent scratches to the surrounding paint. They come off fairly easy.

neuronbob
08-25-09, 12:37 PM
Argh. I just had Xpel installed, including on the rocker panels. The installer left a cut-out for the GM chiclet. I'm going to leave chiclet on just so there's not an exposed area.

bruff1977
08-25-09, 01:20 PM
Just put the GM logo on the seat belts again... :-)

thebigjimsho
08-25-09, 04:33 PM
Not a big deal...

wfo
08-25-09, 04:35 PM

How did you get it off?

Sticky backed. Use a hairdyer and "be patient". :thepan:

Slowly pry the emblems off with your nail. Use a good wax oe detailer to clean up the remaining stickiness. I also did my CTS on the rear...Kept the V logo of course. It looks sweet and clean. :)

Nutz
08-25-09, 04:53 PM
Chicklet? You mean the blue collar badge of honor. Mine stays on permanently, hell I wish the "GM Performance" badge on our cars casually buried under the hood was on the fender.
Just another kick in the ballz from the man to the working man. Throw a bigazz sYc on the headrest and hood and everybody wants to own one, stick a tiny square emblem representing pride in workmanship in a remote corner of a big car and everyone wants to buy a bottle of Goo Gone and some hundred lb. test line. :suspect:

Odd man #2.:stirpot:

Marcuse12
08-25-09, 05:10 PM
Mine's coming off, nutz. I'll mail it to you, maybe stick it to your forehead.

thebigjimsho
08-25-09, 06:52 PM
he'd still be sexier...:yup:

Hawkeye2
08-25-09, 09:06 PM
You can mail them to me, I'll take em!

Caroutisine
08-25-09, 09:27 PM
Well, I also like them. But have to look good on the right car. Now here's a confession...I took them off my 2008 Trailblazer SS and added them on my 2005 STS. As far as the V, I think they look just fine and will be keeping them on. I thought my STS was just born a year too early, they looked great on that car. The TBSS was another story.

Nutz
08-25-09, 09:48 PM
Mine's coming off, nutz. I'll mail it to you, maybe stick it to your forehead.Keep it for yourself. Consider it an initiation token as a cadforum noob. :hitstick:

GM-4-LIFE
08-26-09, 11:22 AM
I guess I am another odd man out. I am keeping them on the car! I want people out there to know that the CTS-V is made by Cadillac AND GM so they can see that GM can build a true world class vehicle.

Maybe it will get those that are drinking the Japanese/German Kool Aid to come back to the GM line of vehicles. Every bit helps.

Just how I feel.

SG

N8dawg
08-26-09, 08:22 PM
I guess I am another odd man out. I am keeping them on the car! I want people out there to know that the CTS-V is made by Cadillac AND GM so they can see that GM can build a true world class vehicle.

Maybe it will get those that are drinking the Japanese/German Kool Aid to come back to the GM line of vehicles. Every bit helps.

Just how I feel.

SG

You can barely even tell it even says GM unless you really pay attention, and if someone's really paying attention, I think that person would already know...Just looks like an ugly silver square to me!

thebigjimsho
08-26-09, 09:27 PM
the hate over a tiny badge. really...

nynd
08-26-09, 11:51 PM
The badge is even placed in a weird location.. right down low.. where all the debris is going to deface it anyways.. OFF WITH IT I SAY!

thebigjimsho
08-27-09, 02:07 PM
hysterical...

the cadillac kid
08-28-09, 03:03 PM

Make sure you have a 21mm socket & breaker bar.

silver bullet
08-29-09, 06:45 PM
A friend of mine stuck his on his neighbors Honda. He still hasn,t noticed it 3 months later.