: Reverse Camera

Fubar75207
08-23-09, 09:12 PM
Has GM released this for the '09 yet? or is there anybody working on an aftermarket product.

cts-v2009
08-24-09, 01:48 AM
without the reverse camera ... the car gives more sportier feelings ...

aceofblitz
08-24-09, 09:12 AM
screw sporty I want a rear view camera for the heck of it.
Wait4me has something in store i think. you get the software upgrade etc that unlocks the rear view camera functionality followed by hooking up an actual camera to your car and wiring it in.

Tedboss1
11-04-09, 10:04 AM
I just picked up a 2010 CTSV catalogue from the dealer and and under Features and Options it shows that rearview camera is available for the V.
Has anybody ordered this option yet?
The catalogue is Canadian version.

neuronbob
11-04-09, 11:07 AM
First person to retro-install this on their V get major imaginary rep points. I imagine it will be W4M and I will absolutely buy from him if it adds to his DVD bypass box, which I already own. I need this functionality so I don't hit my three-year-old or his buddies as I'm backing into the driveway. I've never come close to doing that, thankfully, but you never know...

Looney100
11-04-09, 08:18 PM
I just picked up a 2010 CTSV catalogue from the dealer and and under Features and Options it shows that rearview camera is available for the V.
Has anybody ordered this option yet?
The catalogue is Canadian version.

I'm looking at the Canadian CTS brochure now. The backup camera is available for the CTS, but not the V. What did surprise me is the standard 'passenger tilt-down parallel park feature'. Is this back for 2010?

Tony407
11-06-09, 04:06 AM
I am currently installing a Gentec rear-view mirror with built-in LCD screen with front and rear cameras. MITO corporation is where I purchased everything from. I got about half way though and then started up with classes at college this quarter and just haven't had time to finish it yet. MITO supplied me with a switch box to hook the cameras up to so I can have a dash-mounted momentary push-button switch that activates the front camera (so I don't demolish the front fascia when I park, especially if I lower the car.) The rear camera will activate when the car is put into reverse. The Gentec mirror is equipped with Onstar controls.

I can't guarantee when I'll be finished, but I will obviously post my results on the forum.

It's not cheap! Close to $1,000 for the mirror, switch box, and both cameras.

Tony

go4meco
11-06-09, 07:59 AM
You plan on installing bulletproof metal sheets on all the windows and driving around like Batman?