: 93 Deville alarm only goes off at night

behind-bars
08-23-09, 12:32 PM
I have a 93 Deville with the factory security package. The alarm only goes off at night. It seems that it goes off at random without disturbance. It first happened one morning around 5am in my apartment parking lot, it went off two times which woke my neighbors who told me the next day. Then it went off at 2am the next morning and woke me up. I do not have a key fob to stop it so I have to go out and use they key to unlock the door. After that I started locking all the doors by hand at night to stop it from arming. During the daytime I always set it like normal and it never goes off.

Last night I was leaving a resturant at night and it started going off as I walked toward it, I stopped it with the key, but it started going off again as I walked away.

Does anyone know how to troubleshoot this? Or atleast kill the horn so I can use the auto door locks and bypass the alarm? I pulled the horn fuse and the horn still goes off with the alarm (but not when I press the horn on the wheel)

still_walkin
09-04-09, 04:34 AM
I had the same problem pain in the rear end check your door jams where the switches is between the door to make sure they are pushing in correctly. And check ur battery mine had a bad battery. I changed the alt just cause I just got the car and it was running on a bad battery and I changed the alt to be on the safe side

behind-bars
09-04-09, 02:54 PM
Yeah, I need to check the battery, Sometimes the car doesnt start on the first try so it may be weak

I took part of the door off to make sure the lock was working right on the drivers side. I think the problem is in that door. It has started happening in the day to so it is not just night. I have just stopped setting it during the night at home. I may have fixed it, just nervous about setting it at night as it would wake all the neighbors. I have set it every day at work for the last week and it has not gone off again.

still_walkin
09-04-09, 09:51 PM
True they do go off at random times I changed the battery and the alt as a extra measure haven't heard it go off. I only had the car two weeks and I hate the factory alarm I'm gonna go with a viper non remote start its gonna lock the car but ill still have keyed access as a back up