: How to run the STS-V cooler, and still play?

jwall09
08-23-09, 12:20 AM
I know many of the CTSV2 folks are getting 160d therms, but i have also heard some people say its not good on the car. Also, i know there are products out there to put in your coolant that help it run colder, is it any good and can you use something similar in the super charger?

Mine is our daily driver, but running 194 on the highway and 200-210 in town typically.

CIWS
08-23-09, 08:46 AM
Mine is our daily driver, but running 194 on the highway and 200-210 in town typically.

Come now, my dealership said oil temps at 245 and xmission temps at 230 were "normal" :nono:

Those that you listed are about what I run for oil temps right now with it being around 100 outside and what I consider normal based on how the car has ran in the past.

Dr. Design
08-24-09, 12:15 PM
You might want to look into some type of water wetter or purple ice. That might help just a bit. The next thing to do is upgrade the intercooler heat exchanger on the front of the vehicle.

Thanks,

Dr. Design
D3 Cadillac

I know many of the CTSV2 folks are getting 160d therms, but i have also heard some people say its not good on the car. Also, i know there are products out there to put in your coolant that help it run colder, is it any good and can you use something similar in the super charger?