: Newby, have a p0300 code

Eddscalade
08-22-09, 11:24 PM
Hello everyone newby here, I have looked around on the site and you guys really know your stuff. I have an 02 lade, this morning i started it and it was running rough i scanned it and it has a random missfire on 7and 8. Does anyone know the location of the 7,8 cyl so i can check the plugs and wires?
Thanks

sk7
08-25-09, 05:45 PM
Welcome to the forum! Here is the standard GM cylinder location:

LH RH
Front
-----
|

(1) (2)
(3) (4)
(5) (6)
(7) (8)

Back

I also had misfires from cylinder 8 a few weeks ago, then came the rear bank knock sensor. While having the replace the knock sensors, I cleaned the intake, injectors, and TBI. Dunno which one is to credit, but no more misfires since then. I still have an issue with the rear knock sensor I have to look at. Keep us posted.

Eddscalade
08-26-09, 12:53 AM
Thank you for the info,
I didn't have time to check anything yet i only use the truck on the weekends so i will do the throttle body first and take it from there. i'll let you know how i make out. Then i can start the list of other things that have been neglected on it. it just turned 91k.

sk7
08-26-09, 09:20 PM
Cleaning the TBI is a great idea, replace the oil in the diffs and transfer case while you're at it! Cheap insurance and procedures for doing so are well detailed here. Keep us posted.

Eddscalade
09-27-09, 09:01 PM
Thanks guys, i finally got a brake from work and i did TB cleaning and a tune up also changed all the belts, Lof mobil 1. Still have to do the Diffs and trans.
Truck runs like new.

sk7
09-27-09, 09:50 PM
Thanxs for the update. No air ride or stability system issues?