: Newby, have a p0300 code

08-22-09, 11:24 PM
Hello everyone newby here, I have looked around on the site and you guys really know your stuff. I have an 02 lade, this morning i started it and it was running rough i scanned it and it has a random missfire on 7and 8. Does anyone know the location of the 7,8 cyl so i can check the plugs and wires?

08-25-09, 05:45 PM
Welcome to the forum! Here is the standard GM cylinder location:

(1) (2)
(3) (4)
(5) (6)
(7) (8)

I also had misfires from cylinder 8 a few weeks ago, then came the rear bank knock sensor. While having the replace the knock sensors, I cleaned the intake, injectors, and TBI. Dunno which one is to credit, but no more misfires since then. I still have an issue with the rear knock sensor I have to look at. Keep us posted.

08-26-09, 12:53 AM
Thank you for the info,
I didn't have time to check anything yet i only use the truck on the weekends so i will do the throttle body first and take it from there. i'll let you know how i make out. Then i can start the list of other things that have been neglected on it. it just turned 91k.

08-26-09, 09:20 PM
Cleaning the TBI is a great idea, replace the oil in the diffs and transfer case while you're at it! Cheap insurance and procedures for doing so are well detailed here. Keep us posted.

09-27-09, 09:01 PM
Thanks guys, i finally got a brake from work and i did TB cleaning and a tune up also changed all the belts, Lof mobil 1. Still have to do the Diffs and trans.
Truck runs like new.

09-27-09, 09:50 PM
Thanxs for the update. No air ride or stability system issues?