: 1975 air intake

08-22-09, 02:03 PM
question: What material is the original air intake tube made of in my 75 fleetwood. It feels/looks like some type of grey fiberglass...Mine has several rips in the tube and i am obsessed with keeping it original....Does anyone know where i can get an exact replica or repair kit?? THANKS!!

08-22-09, 02:57 PM
This is what the original one should look like. They are on a 500 engine.



I think they were made from soft plastic or vinyl. Fiberglass isn't flexible enough to move with the engine.

08-22-09, 03:19 PM
This is what my engine bay looks like....Now the air tube im referring to is right between the cross brace and the snorkel...either way, where would i be able to get one of those vinyl/plastic air tubes?

08-24-09, 08:09 PM
Try RockAuto. They list tubing for a '76 Fleetwood.


The '79 is highlighted on this link, but if you click on 76 and follow the logical tree you'll get to it.


08-24-09, 09:26 PM
SWEET! Found it, thanks Martin!

08-25-09, 07:14 PM

That site was a discovery for me actually. I Googled Air Intake Tubing and got a hit on the '79 piece. To be honest what I was looking for was industrial wire coiled tubing because that's all the stuff is really. I know there's lots of companies that make the stuff in various diameters and materials for different applications.

Glad to be of help.


08-25-09, 07:27 PM
Rock Auto is great. They have ridiculously cheap parts most of the time, and have the most random stuff that you really CAN'T find anywhere else for our cars, and I'm sure many others too. It's one of my bookmarks.

08-25-09, 08:55 PM
The best part about rockauto is that they have pics and part numbers for everything. So, it is easy to do research and then go see your local place for exactly what you need...