: camouflaged 2006 DTS

diamond in the back
07-26-04, 03:18 PM
I know this is the 05 STS forum but I thought some of you guys would want to check out some of the first pics of the 06 DTS http://www.thecarconnection.com/index.asp?n=178&sid=178&article=7350.

majax
07-26-04, 04:17 PM
WOW, there is chrome again! hahaha so far it aint lookin to bad I would like to se the inside of the doors look a little better hmm we'll see. You know though no matter where you posted this thing in the forum I would of probably seen it anyways but thanks for the thought :D .

Vesicant
07-26-04, 04:53 PM
The body outline looks very simmular to the current DTS/DHS

From the interior, i think we can tell what Cadillac is going to try and compete with ... :D

majax
07-26-04, 06:15 PM
The body outline looks very simmular to the current DTS/DHS

From the interior, i think we can tell what Cadillac is going to try and compete with ... :D

The Germans I guess, I dont care I mean german interiors are usually impresive. Except those rims look a little Lincoln :confused: :crying2: :annoyed:

Chuck C
07-26-04, 06:20 PM
wow exciting! I can just envision the upright/stacked head lights, the stealthy lines in the hood, and a rear that resemblems the 05 STS. The interior is a depature from traditional american styling as far as I can tell. The rims are mock ups...don't even think they'll be the real thing.

Question: they say it will remain FWD...so is it correct to say that the old gen 300hp Northstar will be used (built at the same factory as the Northstar in the Bonneville GXP)? Do they build all northstars in one location? Will the 2008 RWD DTS be redesigned further?

majax
07-26-04, 06:37 PM
I'm almost positve the 2008 will be a complete do over. Good question about the engine I have no clue what it will be. Maybe the 300N* will be standard.

mack1a
08-01-04, 12:59 AM
Glad to see the 2006 still shows its' DeVille Heritage. I guestimate that I will trade my 2003 DTS in for a 2006 DTS and I was hoping they wouldn't turn it into a European piece of garbage.

Vesicant
08-01-04, 01:25 AM
The Germans I guess, I dont care I mean german interiors are usually impresive. Except those rims look a little Lincoln :confused: :crying2: :annoyed:

Those wheels were on older DeVilles (2000-2002 i think) , ive seen them.

jerseyvette
08-02-04, 02:47 PM
Glad to see the 2006 still shows its' DeVille Heritage. I guestimate that I will trade my 2003 DTS in for a 2006 DTS and I was hoping they wouldn't turn it into a European piece of garbage.AMEN MACK!! We see things the :coolgleam same way!

2dfx
08-02-04, 11:17 PM
Glad to see the 2006 still shows its' DeVille Heritage. I guestimate that I will trade my 2003 DTS in for a 2006 DTS and I was hoping they wouldn't turn it into a European piece of garbage.

AGREED.

By the looks of things, they havn't changed it much, maybe replaced those bulgy clear headlights with something a little more similar to the NewSTS, CTS, etc those kinda headlights.

Everyone's gotta admit, 2008 is a long way away, and who knows what a car 4 years into the future will look like!

Playdrv4me
08-04-04, 07:12 AM

Yea I know what you mean, especially if you dont like fit and finish and love rattles and stuff ;)

Meh... Its evolutionary, I like the current one better so far EXCEPT for the NEW Dash, THAT is a step in the right direction as the old dash while aging gracefully, was out of touch with the rest of the line.