: How to get ride of these trouble codes?

ocmdiaz714
08-22-09, 03:33 AM
I got these codes off the OBD on my '94 Fleetwood. I already purchased the TPS from AcDelco and yet to have it replaced. I would just like to know if I would need any more parts or what can I look at to get rid of these codes. Also, the trunk won't open using the button on the glove box. It won't pull down the lid either, I have to slam it show to close it...would it be the motor? Same thing for the front passenger's side window that seems to go up and down real slow and today didn't want to go down at a specific time. Thanks for the help.

33: Manifold absolute Pressure (MAP) sensor circuit (signal voltage high- vacuum low)
45: Steering wheel sensor circuit (circuit open or shorted to battery)

I'm looking at buying a new MAP sensor but wouldn't be sure if that's what I need. I wasn't able to find a steering wheel sensor circuit.

Stingroo
08-22-09, 07:33 AM
I'm no expert, but your window problem sounds like a regulator. The same thing happened to the windows on my dad's car... they'd go up reeeeally slow compared to the others, occasionally wouldn't work, and then at some point, simply failed altogether and are now held up by wood placed in the door as a temporary fix.

Angry Matt
08-22-09, 10:09 AM
Trunk pull down motors commonly go. They are kind of hard to find in a junk yard because of that fact. Window regulators also wear out over time. Mine got very slow, then only worked if you held the switch and hit the door at the same time. I just ended up replacing them. It's just the things that happen over time. The trunk release could be a bad solenoid on the lid. They are like $5 in a yard or $100 new. Use a test light and have someone hit the release button to make sure you are getting power to it so that you know it's not the switch. It should only be one bolt to get it off and it's about a 2 minute job to replace if that's the case.

Stingroo
08-22-09, 11:19 AM
You could also just covert the trunk to manual close so it won't happen again.