: Power mirrors stuck in downward position!

maiello2169
08-21-09, 09:51 PM
So first off I have a 2004 escalade with all the bells and whistles. Everything was working fine until I got into the truck yesterday and reversed out of my driveway. The curb assist view kicked in as usual, but when I put the transmission in drive my mirrors got stuck! They wouldn't go back. So I checked all my fuses and couldn't find any blown ones...everything else in the car works fine that I know of also. I can manually adjust the mirrors with my hands and when I put it in reverse the curb assist still moves the mirror down. I am stumped...Im usually pretty good at electrical diagnosis. I would appreciate any help!

Thanks,
Mike

maiello2169
08-24-09, 10:08 PM
Dang...this one is tough eh? Im gonna try unplugging my battery overnight and see what happens. Wont solve the problem, but it might fix my issue.

SFX Group
10-18-09, 09:01 AM
did you fix this?

zerocarpileup
10-18-09, 07:10 PM
You might want to take a look at the inside of the actual buttons on the door. Water has a tendency to get in there when it rains and we keep the door open. I noticed there was a small build up of electrical "crust" that didnt allow proper function on mine.you will have to open the unit and remove the rubber boot off of the board.

Eskilade
10-24-09, 04:05 PM
I have this same problem, it just started on my 03 EXT but the weird thing is my 06 started doing it with in the first year took it to the dealership and they said nothing was wrong with it. It worked fine for about 2weeks after the dealer played with it. I was upset with my 03 did it, i was always worried it would do it but for me its only my left mirror.
Hope my 08 will not start doing this.

LaNiceGuy
05-08-10, 09:23 AM
I have an 04 Escalade that just started the same thing. The mirrors get stuck in down position and can't be adjusted at all using the switch. I disabled my DRIVER OPTION for curb assist and this helped, but the mirrors I had to adjust manually. NOW.. the problem is when I FOLD the mirrors, they jump back to down position and fold in. They fold out okay, but the mirrors stay in down position leaving me no option but to reposition the lenses manually. If anyone has a fix or troubleshooting guide on this, please advise. THANKS SO MUCH!
LaNiceGuy....

roboteacher
05-11-10, 08:55 AM
When I bought my 04 EXT, the first thing the guy said was "disable the parking assist". I'm glad he did. I know three locals that are having similar problems with their mirrors.

Biggz
11-14-10, 06:07 AM
Hello everyone,

This is my first post on this board, just bought an 03 EXT with the same problem. Did anyone figure out how to fix this? The mirrors will not move back to normal after I put the truck in drive. Thank you.