: Who is the mysterious Dr Design game?

wfo
08-21-09, 08:15 PM
Ok, had you going there for a minute. You thought this was really going to be a game didn't you? Where there would be a winner and that winner would win something sweet from D3 for our V ride...Sorry. :thepan:

Wanted to know if anyone knew who Dr Design is? :worship:

On the other hand. If they do come up with a "quality lowering solution" for this car it really wouldn't matter.

What say you?

The Black Dahlia
08-22-09, 01:21 PM
I say he works for D3 Cadillac in Signal Hill, CA. :)

They do have a Coil Over system they are perfecting for you V2 guys, too!

Dr. Design
08-22-09, 02:17 PM
Thats actually pretty funny. I like the concept, but maybe something a little different in the way of what you are guessing about....

I saw a video of a ZR1 chasing down a car. The camera was mounted on the first car pointed back to the ZR1. It was a good length video and you cant tell what kind of car it is chasing... Maybe we can do the same with a modded CTS-V chasing down another victim and someone can guess what it is...

Just a thought, obviously some work would have to go into it. Hmmm...

Thanks,

Dr. D
D3

Ok, had you going there for a minute. You thought this was really going to be a game didn't you? Where there would be a winner and that winner would win something sweet from D3 for our V ride...Sorry. :thepan:

Wanted to know if anyone knew who Dr Design is? :worship:

On the other hand. If they do come up with a "quality lowering solution" for this car it really wouldn't matter.

What say you?

wfo
08-22-09, 02:21 PM
Glad you like the concept.

Now...if we can just get a lowering spring kit out, we'd be really showing the love Doctor.

Gary Wells
08-22-09, 02:51 PM
I think that the Dr. Design is an alias for James, or maybe James is an alias for Dr. Design, but new that we have posted this, he or they will never come clean. It's too good of an advertising ploy now, and they will probably take advantage of it. I am planning on seeing them Monday just to check their operation out, and see what they can do for my car, but I am willing to bet that they won't spill the beans about who Dr. Design is.

wfo
08-22-09, 05:47 PM
Thanks Gary...You are correct!...We have a winner!!

I was, as a matter of fact, I was able to squeeze that little known tid bit of information out of the Doc....A.K.A: James

Please us let us know on a new Thread what you see at D3 and if you're inclined, squeeze them for up to date on a quality lowering system and rollout date.

Gary Wells
08-22-09, 07:55 PM
I'm planning on going Monday after work, and I will find out what I can on the lowering springs. I am also interested in seeing what they can do for my car for mods. I am not sure that I am going to mod or not. Only time will tell on that. Cars only got about 230 or so miles on it yet. I would like to mod, I've never had a car in my life that I have never modded. But on the other hand, I do reside in the Republik of Kali, and basically, if you like high performance cars, high performance motorcycles, and / or high performance firearms, this is not the Republik for you. I will keep everybody informed on my visit to D3 research & Design. Looking forward to it.

wfo
08-23-09, 06:13 PM
Love those high perfomance motorcycles, cars and firearms too Mr G.

Firearm wise, high performance for me is my Glock 19. Yup, that's all I need. My CHL, G19, carried IWB strong side left.

Gary Wells
08-23-09, 07:27 PM
High performance firearms for me are all shooters, all .45 m1911 auto or derivatives thereof: (1) A springfield Trophy Match, blue frame & slide, very early gun made when they were being assembled in the Springfield Custom Shop, (2) bone stock blue frame & slide Les Baer Premier II, & (3) my personal favorite, a 6" custom long-slide built about 30 years ago by Jim Hoag in San Gabriel Valley, Cali, hard-chromed frame, squared & checkered trigger guard, checkered front strap, checkered arched rear mainspring housing, early Armand Swensen stainless ambidextrous safety, early stainless Armand Swensen extended slide stop, stainless Bar-Sto 6" barrel, blued custom 6" slide sectioned, re-welded, re-machined, & blued, & fitted to frame by Jim Hoag. The worst shooting of the 3, I am sure, shoot much better than I could ever hope to.

chopmeat
08-23-09, 07:46 PM
Guys at D3,
When you make the lowering springs, make sure there is a RAKE!!!
I HATE dropping the car FLAT level!!!!!!!!!!
:dammit:

1BlinkGone
08-27-09, 04:35 PM
High performance firearms for me are all shooters, all .45 m1911 auto or derivatives thereof: (1) A springfield Trophy Match, blue frame & slide, very early gun made when they were being assembled in the Springfield Custom Shop, (2) bone stock blue frame & slide Les Baer Premier II, & (3) my personal favorite, a 6" custom long-slide built about 30 years ago by Jim Hoag in San Gabriel Valley, Cali, hard-chromed frame, squared & checkered trigger guard, checkered front strap, checkered arched rear mainspring housing, early Armand Swensen stainless ambidextrous safety, early stainless Armand Swensen extended slide stop, stainless Bar-Sto 6" barrel, blued custom 6" slide sectioned, re-welded, re-machined, & blued, & fitted to frame by Jim Hoag. The worst shooting of the 3, I am sure, shoot much better than I could ever hope to.

I know this is the V forum, but I love the m1911 system and the proven .45 acp cartridge. Both have been in use for nearly 100 years non-stop around the world; and just when they find some new "wunder-round" they eventually go back to the .45, and oftetimes the m1911 platform. Just a stellar sidearm.

Yes there is a place for the new Glocks, and other synthetic-framed weapons; but the m1911 is in a class by itself, and always will be.

wfo
08-27-09, 07:16 PM
Glock Talk is the best Glock Forum.

And yes, I also know this is a Cadie V Forum..forgive me. But I love my Glock G19 and G26.

Gary Wells
08-27-09, 08:42 PM
WFO, If I lived in Texas, I could buy almost any gun that I want, but living in the Republik of Kali, due to the glorious hammer drop test from years back, I am limited to a choice of only 10 different Les Baers, no Rock river Arms, no Rock Island Arsenal, no Ed Brown, no Springfield Armory, at least Custom, I don't think. If I live long enough, I could probably buy a Les Baer Premier II, ship it back to Baer and have it converted to a longslide maybe, not too sure even about that. I will have to update myself on current Kali laws, but this flatly sucks. If I had enough money, I would move in a heartbeat, or less.

1-2-N-V
08-28-09, 06:56 AM
Guys at D3,
When you make the lowering springs, make sure there is a RAKE!!!
I HATE dropping the car FLAT level!!!!!!!!!!
:dammit:

Why is that CM? In the old days that was the look cuz you had big tires in the back. My old Lemans was like that. ALL JACKED UP! Not my V please.... hunkered down lowered level and please can we get that roll out of her. Its not terrible but i feel the car would handle just that much better without that slight roll.

Gary Wells
08-28-09, 10:21 AM
When visiting James, alias Dr Design, at D3 Design & Research in Signal Hill Mon, James advised that the spring prototype is finished and being tried out on a car in Europe, I believe. James stated that the springs are designed to lower the '09 CTS-V about 3/4" in the front and about 1" in the rear. He told me that removing the rake substancially would diminish the handling characteristics.

1-2-N-V
08-28-09, 11:50 AM
When visiting James, alias Dr Design, at D3 Design & Research in Signal Hill Mon, James advised that the spring prototype is finished and being tried out on a car in Europe, I believe. James stated that the springs are designed to lower the '09 CTS-V about 3/4" in the front and about 1" in the rear. He told me that removing the rake substancially would diminish the handling characteristics.

Well how much rake is there? it seems that extra 1/4 of an inch on the rear is what would level the car out. Am i wrong on this?

Gary Wells
08-28-09, 12:44 PM
Well how much rake is there? it seems that extra 1/4 of an inch on the rear is what would level the car out. Am i wrong on this?
I dunno, we need someone much more experienced in this area than I am. Maybe somebody who has actually spent some time under the car can chime in. I am guessing that there is more visual or apparent rake on the car than there really is mechanically. Only a guess though. Where's "CHOPPEDMEAT" at? He's definitely been under his car to shorten his springs.