: Flip down flat screen. Cheap and Easy

CandyGreenCaddy
08-21-09, 11:36 AM
New to the site but thought i'd share a really easy and relatively cheap way to really boost your entertainment system.

Was looking around for a flip down screen to play music and DVD's but the cheapest one was $600 for a tiny screen/cd player. This got me thinking.

I looked around at the voltage and hook ups of small computer boxes and did some pricing. A 6 by 2 inch computer with 500MB of memory is $80-$90 and is specifically made to play iTunes and Dvds. Nothing more. A 17 inch LCD flat-screen computer monitor is about $100. Both can run off a 12Volt battery separate from the one in your car.
You run the wires underneath the roofing, walls, and carpet to connect the screen to the computer and then from the computer to the extra battery.
Shave off the monitor stand, hing and latch it to the roof of your car then all you gotta do is load of the computer with an iTunes, all your music and dvds and you have a awsome entertainment center under $300. And the computer does connect into the cars sound system.

CadillacSTS42005
08-21-09, 06:02 PM
carputer...

snum1fan
08-22-09, 02:33 AM
What kind of 6 by 2 inch computer are you talking about?

Yuben Pimpslapt
08-24-09, 06:34 PM
This guys on to something. Please post pics if you choose to start this project. I'm listening!