: Mass Tang/Cadillac Pimpin!!

MMNineInchNails
07-05-03, 05:35 PM
Hi, I'm new. My name is Jeremy and I'm from san clemente, CA. I just bought a 1970 cadillac deville sedan with a 472. I hope to enjoy this board.

elwesso
07-05-03, 05:56 PM
Hi Jeremy!! Welcome aboard, and thanks for signing up!!!!

Its nice to see another person that has an older cadillac...... Be sure to post pics (and then in the PhotoPost when that gets running again).....

And I can tell you, if you dont enjoy this board, you have got something wrong with you!!!!!! :) I am confident you will find it fun while informative!

BeelzeBob
07-05-03, 05:56 PM
Hi Jeremy! Welcome aboard.. And thank you for signing up! It sounds like you've got a great car to add some pictures of to the image section - sorry it's down at the moment, but it'll be up and running again shortly...

MMNineInchNails
07-05-03, 06:04 PM
Here she is. I'm planning on getting her painted gloss black, put a bumpin' system in her, and putting some glasspacks on.

lux hauler
07-05-03, 06:25 PM
Welcome to the board.
Love them big cars with big motors! Have fun with it.
:burn:

MMNineInchNails
07-06-03, 01:03 AM
Thank you.

SLS97
07-06-03, 10:30 AM
Hi Jeremy, Welcome. Your car looks like it's in good shape!
What a find! You'll like and learn from this site! I read every
time I get a chance. I love how you can search by subject
or item. Can't wait to see the pics of the remodel!
SLS97
Bob

BeelzeBob
07-06-03, 10:50 AM
Me too! I can't wait to see when it's shiny black. :D That's going to look amazing.. Black and chrome. :)

MMNineInchNails
07-06-03, 03:09 PM
Yeah, I got it from an impound lot for $650. It runs, but I'm goign to change the gaskets and hoses and all. It's only got a rust spot on the back next to the cadillac emblem and a little dent. It was quite a find.

SoundAdvantage
07-06-03, 10:07 PM
*W*E*L*C*O*M*E*
To Our HangOut! Nice Ride> she will really look good Black> I would use Single Stage Enamel for the paint> it really has a high gloss to it.

JerseyGirl
07-07-03, 05:30 PM
~WELCOME~ Jeremy! I am a bit slow with introductions! :shhh: Cool Caddy ya got there! I love them cool ol big blocks, powerful engines! Have fun with her!

Ralph
07-07-03, 11:57 PM
That is a nice car! I like the original color, like a coral color, etc. Some new cars have a similar color and they are few and far between.

elwesso
07-08-03, 12:38 AM
Just out of curiosity, does it have that musty, old car smell??

MMNineInchNails
07-08-03, 05:07 AM
sorta, but not so bad. The seats are kinda torn, that's where the smell is coming from.

elwesso
07-08-03, 10:41 PM
So what do you plan on doing to it??

MMNineInchNails
07-08-03, 10:52 PM
Plan on getting it painted gloss black, get the interior done, put on some glass packs, then start upgrading the engine when everything else it pretty good. Probably put on a 750cfm edelbrock carb and some headers, definatly K&N air filter, Bumpin' system definatly. I mainly plan on getting mass tang.

Rex Raider
07-11-03, 12:21 PM
Plan on getting it painted gloss black, get the interior done, put on some glass packs, then start upgrading the engine when everything else it pretty good. Probably put on a 750cfm edelbrock carb and some headers, definatly K&N air filter, Bumpin' system definatly. I mainly plan on getting mass tang.

Here ya go:

http://www.sub300.com/gm/olcad.jpg

MMNineInchNails
07-11-03, 01:33 PM
LOL. Thanks. I tried to do something like that on photoshop, but I suck ass on that program, so it looked like BLAH.

MMNineInchNails
07-11-03, 02:05 PM
I just found these pictures of a '70 coupe deville black. aww my car's going to look sooo evil black i love it.

AirJigga25
07-11-03, 02:46 PM
Probably put on a 750cfm edelbrock carb and some headers, definatly K&N air filter, Bumpin' system definatly. I mainly plan on getting mass tang.

Thats the funniest quote ever. I mainly plan on getting MASS TANG!! My buddy was telling me...you don't need a cadillac, you have a girl already, what do you need one for? ha..

Elvis
07-11-03, 02:59 PM
Take it from someone who knows. Cadillacs have more than enough room to accommodate "mass tang."

But be sure to tint the windows.

AirJigga25
07-11-03, 03:04 PM
Take it from someone who knows. Cadillacs have more than enough room to accommodate "mass tang."

But be sure to tint the windows.

lol...Post this symbol if you've ever "accomodated" tang in the back seat of you caddy :cheers:

:cheers: :cheers: :cheers: ....... :cheers:

the moderator should rename this thread Mass Tang or Cadillac Pimpin :devillaug :bouncy: all right i need to shut up

elwesso
07-11-03, 03:09 PM
Happy Now??

I would recommend the reflective type of window tint, and the backseat has pleanty of room, and there is enough leg room to accomodate "roll-overs"....

AirJigga25
07-11-03, 03:40 PM
Happy Now??

I would recommend the reflective type of window tint, and the backseat has pleanty of room, and there is enough leg room to accomodate "roll-overs"....

lmao!! Best thread of 2003. Where is our resident NIN MANSON head when you need him. :thumbsup:

AirJigga25
07-11-03, 06:10 PM
hey MMNIN...are you working on your TANG MOBILE :rofl:

Let me know how many people fit back there.

elwesso
07-11-03, 10:43 PM
Remember, you can put the front seats down all the way, for maximum room!!!

:eyebrow: :eyebrow: :eyebrow: :eyebrow:

MMNineInchNails
07-12-03, 02:16 AM
dude you could comfortably fit like 8 people in it, and 2 in the trunk if nessissary. I can fully lay down in the back seat :banana: :cool:

JerseyGirl
07-13-03, 11:15 PM
This thread is funny as hell...how come I just now seen it? :wacky:
And humor an old lady.....tang= chics??? :eyebrow: hehehe...

MMNineInchNails
07-14-03, 02:07 AM
tang as in poontang. chicks in a way. ;) he he

AirJigga25
07-14-03, 12:49 PM
caddillac pimpin son.

JerseyGirl
07-14-03, 04:10 PM
tang as in poontang. chicks in a way. ;) he he

LOL..that's what I figured! Chicks in a way.. :rolleyes:

elwesso
07-14-03, 04:33 PM
Air, those arent your sunglasses are they????

JerseyGirl
07-14-03, 05:27 PM

:histeric:

AirJigga25
07-14-03, 05:42 PM

photoshop sunglasses... :D

AirJigga25
07-14-03, 05:46 PM
dude you could comfortably fit like 8 people in it, and 2 in the trunk if nessissary. I can fully lay down in the back seat :banana: :cool:

awww yeah...at 16, urlike a prodigy well on your way to pimpin your hoes like people read about.

MMNineInchNails
07-14-03, 05:52 PM
hellz yeah. I should scan the picture of the pimp that i found in my trunk. Original owner was a pimp oh yeah.

AirJigga25
07-14-03, 06:09 PM
hellz yeah. I should scan the picture of the pimp that i found in my trunk. Original owner was a pimp oh yeah.

Yeah, Deion "Prime Time" Sanders was the Original Owner of my ride....j/k. He's repimpulous.

http://www.altosport.com/s/deion-sanders/s-000234-im-004809.jpg

AirJigga25
07-14-03, 07:11 PM
Neon Deion Sucka

MMNineInchNails
07-15-03, 03:17 AM
lol...............................

AirJigga25
07-15-03, 10:48 AM
lol...............................

Now all you need is the BLING BLING!
http://www.theinlook.com/icoutcabl.html

Elwesso, you need to rate this one 5 stars or something...

AirJigga25
07-15-03, 10:50 AM
http://www.cadillacpimpin.com/devillelexanisynergy.jpg

Raise up if you a TRUE PIMP. Picture courtesy of Caddilacpimpin.com

elwesso
07-15-03, 01:23 PM
:rofl:

GOLDEN!!

Allante North *
07-15-03, 02:27 PM
I bet my dog would look good with that bling bling instead of the rabies tag she has now. :eyebrow:

MMNineInchNails
07-15-03, 02:52 PM
What's with all this horrible bling bling crap?

AirJigga25
07-15-03, 03:28 PM
What's with all this horrible bling bling crap?

slang for shiny necklaces and jewelry. i thought you were from Cali dude... Platinum pendants and shit...

elwesso
07-15-03, 03:31 PM
If I had a big enough chain, I'd wear a man-hole cover!!!!

AirJigga25
07-15-03, 03:35 PM
i pity the fool who would wear this but this ....Its so 90's.
http://platinumlooks.com/pendants%20014.jpg

MMNineInchNails
07-15-03, 04:49 PM
slang for shiny necklaces and jewelry. i thought you were from Cali dude... Platinum pendants and shit...
I know what bling bling is. I was asking what's with all of it? We're not rap stars here. haha. I know I don't want to be one either. YOU RAPSTER WANNABES. haha.

AirJigga25
07-15-03, 05:03 PM
I know what bling bling is. I was asking what's with all of it? We're not rap stars here. haha. I know I don't want to be one either. YOU RAPSTER WANNABES. haha.

No one was talking about rappers or rapsters. We was talkin about Cadillac Pimpin ...you know.... ...driving past a group of hotties and they are drooling at ya cuz you're car is so hot and you say, "come take a ride in the back seat of my caddy." and kind of give 'em the head nod ...and then they get in and you take 'em back to your crib for gin and tonic and chronic.... lol...

MMNineInchNails
07-15-03, 08:01 PM
:banghead: :) :shocked: :sneaky: :burn: :rolleyes: LMFAO!! You don't need bling bling for that. Maybe you do, I don't /. :shocked: bouncer: hahah.

Angela Desmond
07-15-03, 08:32 PM
Hi Jeremy, and welcome. Were you refering to the Edelbrock Performer carb that you want to switch to,or their Q-Jets that they're putting out? I'd run the Q-jet. I have a 600 performer on a 350 Chevy and it's a great carb but the Q-Jets can be hotrodded in so many ways that it's really hard to beat them. I just rebuilt one for a 425 Caddy.

JerseyGirl
07-15-03, 08:36 PM
No one was talking about rappers or rapsters. We was talkin about Cadillac Pimpin ...you know.... ...driving past a group of hotties and they are drooling at ya cuz you're car is so hot and you say, "come take a ride in the back seat of my caddy." and kind of give 'em the head nod ...and then they get in and you take 'em back to your crib for gin and tonic and chronic.... lol...

ahahahha...right! :rolleyes:

MMNineInchNails
07-16-03, 02:32 AM
It's all about the edelbrocks.

Angela Desmond
07-16-03, 08:18 AM
Where I grew up in Brooklyn it's about the trunk room..."Is that a 2 body or a 3"? :contract:

AirJigga25
07-16-03, 09:38 AM
:banghead: :) :shocked: :sneaky: :burn: :rolleyes: LMFAO!! You don't need bling bling for that. Maybe you do, I don't /. :shocked: bouncer: hahah.

Your SISTA liked the bling! :cheers:

AirJigga25
07-16-03, 09:42 AM
ahahahha...right! :rolleyes:

...yo mmnin...SHE'S IN DENIAL!! She can't fight the Caddy's innate pimpness and she knows it! :eyebrow: lol My Caddy is much like Coffee Brandy, they call it the "panty remover." lol i'm out

MMNineInchNails
07-16-03, 08:22 PM
...yo mmnin...SHE'S IN DENIAL!! She can't fight the Caddy's innate pimpness and she knows it! :eyebrow: lol My Caddy is much like Coffee Brandy, they call it the "panty remover." lol i'm out

LOL!!! Old caddys pimp all!!!! Just throw all the women in the back seat. HEHE

AirJigga25
07-16-03, 09:31 PM
LOL!!! Old caddys pimp all!!!! Just throw all the women in the back seat. HEHE

Peace out homey....I better shut up before I get in trouble and my girlfriend sees this thread...ha...later

JerseyGirl
07-16-03, 09:45 PM

Umm...denial? Yea, that's it! :shhh:

elwesso
07-17-03, 12:58 AM
I wont get into that conversation, but I will say that the older cadillacs definitely have the ability to be pimped like none other!!!

MMNineInchNails
07-19-03, 08:15 PM
Well, I went to my dad's house for the weekend and I already miss my caddy already! I haven't seen her since yesterday and I don't get to see her 'til tomorrow! I miss her so very dearly.

Ok, update about her, she's not holding a charge:( the generator light is on and i got the alternator and voltage regulator checked. They're both good. I just bought a brand new battery for her before I bought her, and I took it in to get it tested yesterday and the battery was almost dead, it couldn't even crank the car over. I just replaced the battery cables cause they were in horrific shape. Any suggestions?

Also, I get to change my tranny filter out the next day I have work off. YAY FOR ME.

elwesso
07-19-03, 11:59 PM
Something is probably on....... Something is draining the battery.... I am not sure what that could be, but batteries dont discharge themselves.......

MMNineInchNails
07-20-03, 01:44 PM
As I stated, the Generator light is on, therefore it's not holding it's charge and something is wrong.

elwesso
07-20-03, 01:47 PM
Post a thread in the electrical section with more details.......

MMNineInchNails
07-20-03, 01:48 PM
Ok, but I don't have many more details.

SLS97
07-20-03, 10:52 PM
I had a Monte Carlo that did this. They finally found out that the trunk light was not going out. Also one night I could see a glow around the glove box. Pulled over and yep! The glove box light was on also! Go figure. The car was new! They had to be recharging it every day incase someone (me) tried it out! Worth a check. Just don't get locked in the trunk! Ewww! Scary!

AirJigga25
07-20-03, 11:14 PM
I had a Monte Carlo that did this. They finally found out that the trunk light was not going out. Also one night I could see a glow around the glove box. Pulled over and yep! The glove box light was on also! Go figure. The car was new! They had to be recharging it every day incase someone (me) tried it out! Worth a check. Just don't get locked in the trunk! Ewww! Scary!

I had the same problem of the trunk light not going out in my 88 olds cutlass...there was stuff crammed in the glovebox and it wasn't shutting off, thus draining the battery.

MMNineInchNails
07-21-03, 02:23 AM
I GOT IT TO SHUT OFF!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! damn fuses. haha

AirJigga25
07-21-03, 09:52 AM
I GOT IT TO SHUT OFF!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! damn fuses. haha

yo dude, now you can see how I roll on the new Totally sweet thread...ha.

elwesso
07-22-03, 12:54 AM
Bad fuses could be a problem...... Hopefully something wont cause the fuses to blow in the future!!!

MMNineInchNails
07-22-03, 11:09 PM
Added one of these magnets on my car the other day. Ahh, finally accessorizing my car. I love it:spin:

elwesso
07-22-03, 11:20 PM
Not bad.....

AirJigga25
07-22-03, 11:35 PM
Added one of these magnets on my car the other day. Ahh, finally accessorizing my car. I love it:spin:

Nice edition... it needed a little flava huh...

MMNineInchNails
07-23-03, 03:42 AM
Nice edition... it needed a little flava huh...

yep, it looked too plain beside the big fading paint spot. I couldn't find it in bumper sticker form so i settled for a magnet. It's funny cause on my car i can stick it to the body, but on new cars it doesn't stay. Ihaha

AirJigga25
07-23-03, 09:42 AM
yep, it looked too plain beside the big fading paint spot. I couldn't find it in bumper sticker form so i settled for a magnet. It's funny cause on my car i can stick it to the body, but on new cars it doesn't stay. Ihaha

ha, the magnet is even better than the sticker...badass. You should get a USA flag magnet too

MMNineInchNails
07-23-03, 01:15 PM
LOL. Maybe I should just fill up my WHOLE car with magnets. j/k

MMNineInchNails
07-30-03, 04:20 AM
I made a black and white picture of my car. I tried to do some stuff with it like lower the top and lower the car and stuff, but i'm not too good with photoshop. Maybe i'll have my friend help me out.

AirJigga25
07-30-03, 09:46 AM
I made a black and white picture of my car. I tried to do some stuff with it like lower the top and lower the car and stuff, but i'm not too good with photoshop. Maybe i'll have my friend help me out.
it looks good though. bitches'll be all over that shit.

JerseyGirl
07-30-03, 11:39 AM
it looks good though. bitches'll be all over that shit.

hehehe... :rolleyes:

AirJigga25
07-30-03, 11:43 AM
hehehe... :rolleyes:

JOKE!! :rolleyes:

elwesso
07-30-03, 04:21 PM
Get it rollin on 20s, and it will be untouchable.......

MMNineInchNails
07-31-03, 12:28 AM
I like the stock rims with hubcaps, thanks.

elwesso
07-31-03, 12:48 PM
Yeah, the wire hubcaps are timeless caddy design.....

MMNineInchNails
07-31-03, 03:26 PM
My stock hubs aren't the wire ones, but the previous owner put those on.

MMNineInchNails
08-15-03, 03:09 PM
So yeah, I've definatly confermed that Haynes sucks ass and it's all about Chiltons.

On another note, does anyone know how I would pull off putting an electric fuel pump on in replacement of the mechanical one that sucks ass?

Mad'lac
08-15-03, 05:08 PM
Both Haynes and Chiltons blows chunks. What you really need are the factory manuals. Check on ebay from time to time.

elwesso
08-16-03, 12:15 AM
www.helminc.com

FSMs are made by them.......

DeVillish
08-20-03, 01:50 AM
see this is why i want that 61 deville! i call it the anti-pantie :D

MMNineInchNails
08-24-03, 01:21 AM
Anyone know the specs of my fuel pump? like gph??

Angela Desmond
08-25-03, 09:15 AM
Pressure is 6 lbs. but I can't find gph spec. Hope that helps.

MMNineInchNails
08-25-03, 02:24 PM
yes, it does help, maybe someone else will have the ghp :)

AirJigga25
08-27-03, 02:02 PM
str8 pimpin ...just had to do this cuz i'm trying to put it on my sig. It didn't work on imagestation.

AirJigga25
08-27-03, 02:03 PM
str8 pimpin ...just had to do this cuz i'm trying to put it on my sig. It didn't work on imagestation.

testing 1, 2..

MMNineInchNails
08-28-03, 12:52 AM
i'm using image station. you have to delete the last characters. the picture link should end in "*.jpg.orig.jpg" you have to delete the ".orig.jpg" part.

MMNineInchNails
09-03-03, 01:35 AM
The "batmobile" like picture requested by AirJigga25.

SoundAdvantage
09-08-03, 05:28 AM
So yeah, I've definatly confermed that Haynes sucks ass and it's all about Chiltons.

On another note, does anyone know how I would pull off putting an electric fuel pump on in replacement of the mechanical one that sucks ass?

I would stick with a manual fuel pump > just replace the stock one with a Higher Volume one that pumps around 120 gallons per hour at 6 psi > also you may want to check your jets in your Q-jet carb and see what size it has in it, they are # with 2 digit #s. I would look for a book that shows you how to Modify the Q-jet carbs, it makes all the difference once it's done. You can also change the metering rods in one as well as the jets.