: Interior touch up paint

oldworld
08-20-09, 09:28 PM
Doe anyone know where to get interior touch up paint? There are a couple of spots around my front dash where black has scratched through. They are pretty small but bother me.
Any one ever come across an outlet for this paint??
How about you LUXLIFE???
THANKS

luxurylife33
08-20-09, 11:20 PM
Stay away from SEM interior paint! Painted the top of my dash and it has a WICKED reaction. The factory paint started to bubble up. Any interior paint is going to be laquer based and will screw up the gm paint. gm must have some crappy uncured paint that they put of the interior pieces. I have yet to find a good answer to this problem :( I ended up buying a new dash piece of craigslist for $75

oldworld
08-21-09, 07:26 AM
Thanks LUX. How do you then touch up those black spots that are sometimes around the glove box door? The shale colored parts??
THANKS

luxurylife33
08-21-09, 11:16 AM
Thats what I just said, I havent found a good product yet....

oldworld
08-21-09, 11:24 AM
If the gm paint was a water based paint....when you apply a lacquer based paint over top, it will bubble and act like paint remover.

smelly$cat
08-21-09, 11:27 AM
Has anyone asked a dealer what they recommend for repairing this flaw?

I have a small blemish on my dash of my ESV that I plan to repair at some point.

luxurylife33
08-21-09, 11:27 AM
pretty much what happened to me on my dash.... i was like....O SHITTTTTTTTTTTT

T-Giv
08-21-09, 01:32 PM
My center console is a complete mess so I decided I am just going to peel away that top flakey layer and go with the plastic layer that's underneath. It looks much better than it did before even if the color isn't completely perfect.

pilot-werx
08-21-09, 02:07 PM
Is there any good way to peel the paint aside from rubbing the hell out of it?