: Trim adhesive.

robb257731
08-20-09, 01:53 PM
My Brougham D'Elegance badge is off on the drivers side of my car...was in an accident and the shop I bought the car from didn't put it back on. What's the best thing to use to hold it onto the car? It's got that foamy black stuff on the back...is it some kind of double-sided tape? I'd be concerned that it would wear off when it got wet.

csbuckn
08-20-09, 02:21 PM
I need to put some badges on too and saw some stuff at Walmart specifically for trim. It was an adhesive. I havent tried it yet but a friend used some and it has worked so far(4 months). We shall see if it will hang out through the winter. Are you talking about the one on the vinyl top or on the body?

jayoldschool
08-20-09, 02:45 PM
You need to get all the old foam tape off, and go to a parts supply place and get some double sided trim tape. I keep a big roll of it to do trim when needed. It's what the factory uses, and it is waterproof.

robb257731
08-20-09, 03:31 PM
Thanks Jay....Hopefully I can get a smaller piece rather than having to buy a roll!

jayoldschool
08-20-09, 04:19 PM
Drop by a body shop and ask for a few pieces. Although, a roll isn't that expensive...

robb257731
08-20-09, 06:43 PM
It's not a question of expense....it's a question of having a huge leftover roll of tape that I have no use for.

sven914
08-20-09, 11:45 PM
I use 3M plastic and emblem adhesive. It is more than strong enough to hold metal emblems on, and you can easily trace the lines of the the script for a secure fit, without any overages.

robb257731
08-21-09, 01:59 AM
I use 3M plastic and emblem adhesive. It is more than strong enough to hold metal emblems on, and you can easily trace the lines of the the script for a secure fit, without any overages.

Where do you get that? Home Depot or Autozone?

sven914
08-21-09, 04:03 AM
Any parts store will have it in the body work section. It comes in a small black tube with gold lettering. The directions will recommend you get 3M mark remover, but you don't have to (it removes the paint when you use it), just be careful with the glue and have a wet paper towel handy in case you get some where you don't want it.