: How do you react/respond?

thatcoder
08-19-09, 10:32 AM
My fiance took the V into service today to address my badly installed rocker panel issue today as well as a broken trim piece beneath the driver's side recaro seat. The loaner vehicle offered to her was a Chevy Aveo. I mean WTF?

When they were dealing with a warranty paint issue the day after i took delivery of the vehicle we were put in a Escalade shorty Hybrid for a week, now it's a Chevy Aveo? I am heated.

http://www.nncp.com/RotatorStockPhotos\08%20stock%20photos%20480%20x%2 0360\chevy-aveo5.jpg

i'm actually laughing now. when i think about transformers, and how the car had a gold tooth.

everdegu
08-19-09, 12:18 PM
I brought my V into service when I noticed the passenger brake rotor had a large groove in it from what turned out to be a defective brake pad. They gave me a Buick Lucerne for a couple of days. It was decent car, until I got a flat on the way to work the next day and noticed that the rental didn't have Onstar. I called the rental agency that gave me the car and they said they don't put Onstar in the cars due to cost and if I wanted someone to change out the tire they could send someone out for $89 bucks....I ended changing the tire myself. At least it wasn't my V that got the flat, the Buick had a spare tire and if I would have run over the chunk of metal that took out that Buick's tire with my V, I would have been SOL.

For my troubles, the dealer gave me a voucher for an oil change in my V. So in the end it wasn't too bad....

FYI...I would have never left the dealership if they would have tried to give me an Aveo for my V.

odla
08-19-09, 12:56 PM
they do it because it was a girl that dropped off the car. lol

CadV
08-19-09, 01:14 PM
They have tried that with me before and from now on I ask them what they have available. If you confront them they will give you what you want.

nynd
08-19-09, 05:33 PM
Did they fix the rocker or they still got it?

GM-4-LIFE
08-19-09, 05:48 PM
At least you were put into a car. My local Cadillac dealer's service department is down to almost zero loaner cars. They used to have quite a few CTS and SRXs, but they sold them all off and have nothing to loan because GM isn't building the old body style SRXs and the CTS' really aren't available to them in the high volume they were about a year ago.

When I get there, they either have to shuttle me to work or take me to Enterprise or Budget to rent a car.

SG

Vlakaz
08-19-09, 06:03 PM
CTSv to an Aveo.. hmm ya, sounds about right. Pause. Not.

When I dropped my V off I told the guy at the car rental desk that he has to give me something as quick as my car. He then looked down at the piece of paper from the service dept at what I was dropping off for service and laughed saying "he doesn't think he has anything close" ... in the end he lent me an STS.

The key is just asking them for what they have.

lavaman
08-19-09, 06:10 PM
I don't recall seeing anything stating Cadillac would put us into a loaner of equal value to our cars. I do not get a loaner at all if I bring other vehicles I own in for service.

I personally would be thankful for the use of another person/company's car (any car) while mine is being serviced.

Hawkeye2
08-19-09, 08:38 PM
Oil change voucher? Are'nt they included with your V?

Caroutisine
08-19-09, 08:52 PM
I don't recall seeing anything stating Cadillac would put us into a loaner of equal value to our cars. I do not get a loaner at all if I bring other vehicles I own in for service.

I personally would be thankful for the use of another person/company's car (any car) while mine is being serviced.

I agree. And I didn't get any free oil changes with my V. Just a full tank of gas when I drove it off the lot.

Wait, I did get an Oldsmobile from Enterprise when I had my V in the one and only time to repair an issue with the radio. Obviously, it was not new but it was reasonable transportation :)

wfo
08-20-09, 07:54 AM
A good healthy loaner car dept has alwasy been a question I ask. The after sale service being first and foremost, loaner cars are absoltuely critical to me for getting my business. Flat repair is another hurddle they'll be addressing in the future. That maybe why people go with BMW's, Lexus..GM still needs to get up to speed with after sale service. Cadillacs in particular are their premium products and as such should be dealt with at all levels with the golden rule. Take care of your customer as job one. GM should assume that high servic standard position/mentality throughout their product line, but that's asking for too much.

And that's why my friends you have the Malcolm Baldrige awards. I haven't heard GM dealerships garnering any of these top honors. If they would clean up their acts they might find their bottomline so healthy, even in terrible times, they'd be doing the happy dance. No bailouts needed and top execs actually "earning" their stipends. Shareholders would be actually making R.O.I. But that's another movie which ain't out yet.

The saving grace is..we can get good prices because the company has many problems all related to service and complinacde to it. From top down.

ewill3rd
08-20-09, 08:22 AM
I believe somewhere in the warranty it states you are entitled to a Cadillac as a loaner vehicle, however there are limitations on what is available at the location you are at.

Is this Aveo an Enterprise car or an in house loaner?
We actually have an Enterprise rental desk in our building 20 feet from the Service Lane. They are helpful and can often get cars from another local store but often they run out of cars. We have in house loaners also.

Funny story I have told before, when I worked at a 5 badge store (Olds, Pontiac, Buick, Cadillac, GMC) we had some in house loaners.
They were all Grand Ams. If you brought in your Concours for squeaks and rattles you'd leave in a Grand Am. After a few days of driving that we rarely had any squeak and rattle complaints from those same customers again :lol:

marktanner
08-21-09, 12:01 AM
My dealership is also running low on cars, but my service adviser is taking good care of me. When I had a minor seat problem he called me when a CTS loaner was available. As a part had to be made in Germany and shipped, I was given a new Saab convertible as a loaner (they are also a Saab dealer) when the repair actually took place. While it's not a Cadillac, and doesn't have OnStar turn by turn, much less NAV, it's hard to complain about a $43,000 loaner. I'm glad to have my car back, of course.

pmsteinm
08-21-09, 10:49 AM
I used to get annoyed when I got a crummy Enterprise loaner. But compared to when my wife needs to take her BMW in, Cadillac is so much better:

Me: "My V is broken, I'm bringing it in tomorrow"
Dealer: "Ok. We'll have a car for you"

Wife: "My BMW is broken, I need to bring it in"
Dealer: "Hmmm. Let's see. We can get you in next week."
Wife: "I need a loaner too".
Dealer: "Oh. In that case we can take you in 3 weeks"

1-2-N-V
08-21-09, 01:31 PM
A good healthy loaner car dept has alwasy been a question I ask. The after sale service being first and foremost, loaner cars are absoltuely critical to me for getting my business. Flat repair is another hurddle they'll be addressing in the future. That maybe why people go with BMW's, Lexus..GM still needs to get up to speed with after sale service. Cadillacs in particular are their premium products and as such should be dealt with at all levels with the golden rule. Take care of your customer as job one. GM should assume that high servic standard position/mentality throughout their product line, but that's asking for too much.

And that's why my friends you have the Malcolm Baldrige awards. I haven't heard GM dealerships garnering any of these top honors. If they would clean up their acts they might find their bottomline so healthy, even in terrible times, they'd be doing the happy dance. No bailouts needed and top execs actually "earning" their stipends. Shareholders would be actually making R.O.I. But that's another movie which ain't out yet.

The saving grace is..we can get good prices because the company has many problems all related to service and complinacde to it. From top down.

You've got that right. My dealer at Barton Birks has no loaners at all but would direct me to a rental place. I would assume that they would cover this? :confused: Nah, i just left it overnight outside:eek: Took my truck to work. It was in for my Recaro seat loose thing. Got some part they ordered for the seat hopefully that will do it. And that damn sunroof creaking (that no-one else in a CTS has ever complained about... yeah ok) They adjusted something. Still have the creaking by the way. And that $20.00 rubber seal lube that some one recommended?? Junk! left white residue all over the trim i had to clean up immediately. And for God's sake I can't even get a my car cleaned when they were done.:mad:

Now My wife's Infiniti M35X. Has some issues but i gotta say the level of service at Pepe Infiniti is top notch. I get a loaner car for $10 bucks. Use the gas no problem just bring it back with no dents, its all good. Now they can 't fix this annoying clunk it has in the rear but that is another thread i have going in the Infiniti forum. Anyway their Dealership just has a more luxurious feel when i drop off the car. To the drive up garage bay, to the nice waiting area, to the way they sit me down with a service adviser. Even when i bring the the Loaner back , there is a Valet dude there ready to take the car from me. He brings my car up and it's completely cleaned for me to drive home. I even get a reminder call for the appointment and sometimes a follow up call with my satisfaction in mind. Now that is what i call a class act.

Yeah Maybe other Caddy dealerships treat you this way. Not mine so far. Now where i bought the car up in Rochester NY. that place looks really classy. I am thinking to find another dealership that will treat me this way maybe down here in Westchester NY where i work. I truly believe that service after the sale is just as important. I Don't know. After always being treated just so so at other GM dealerships i have gone to, it just feels good to be treated like a VIP when i go to the Infiniti Dealer. Wait...Maybe they fix Caddys. LOL