: Pro Football/Escalades Rule/Tinted Windows

BDuncan
08-19-09, 11:29 AM
Some interesting observation during Baltimore Ravens training camp. I happen to live near the college where the Baltimore Ravens spend every late summer in training camp. Their hotel headquarters is right by our nearest shopping center and grocery store so we see them everyday.
Escalades Rule - by far the most popular vehicle with the Ravens is our Escalade. There are probably at least 30 or 40 Escalades in their parking area along with other performance and high end cars - I haven't seen a single Ford Excursion, Navigator etc. there are a few Land/Range Rovers and an Infiniti SUV or two.
Driving my Escalade around town the past several years (during training camp time) I can see why Pro Sports guys have dark tinted windows. People are constantly looking at me to see if I am a Raven - it has to get old for these guys to be stared at every where they go. On the good side, several Ravens have waved to me, thinking I might be another team member, then they see I'm just some old guy in an Escalade.
Watching these guys play football from a sky box, you forget how big they are - they all look the same size on the field. Every year I regularly run into players in the grocery store (guess they don't wait for breakfast) or local eateries getting late second dinners. I am alway amazed how massive most are - you just don't see 6' 5", 300 lb. guys walking around in flip flops every day in our little town - even the smaller guys are hugh in muscle and bulk.
Anyway, Escalades Rule, we're all driving the best truck.

nathanjax
08-19-09, 11:35 AM
1. That's funny. Glad to see the Escalades out there...

2. Skybox? When can I come visit to go see a game :)

BDuncan
08-19-09, 12:33 PM
nathanjax,
Unfortunalely it's not my Sky Box but I'm lucky enough to get to use it. It's also the box next to the visiting teams Owner's Box, very interesting seeing all the owners, friends, wives etc. Last week Redskins Owner's wife was there but didn't see him.

smelly$cat
08-19-09, 12:54 PM
Was she hot?

:eyebrow:

nathanjax,
Unfortunalely it's not my Sky Box but I'm lucky enough to get to use it. It's also the box next to the visiting teams Owner's Box, very interesting seeing all the owners, friends, wives etc. Last week Redskins Owner's wife was there but didn't see him.

BDuncan
08-19-09, 02:26 PM
Smokin' Hot, especially for such a dork - money buys anything.

smelly$cat
08-19-09, 02:29 PM
That's what I like to hear !

pcguy760
08-19-09, 02:41 PM
Smokin' Hot, especially for such a dork - money buys anything.

The sad reality of the world we live in... sad but true and will probably get worse over time / as the years go by...