Cadillac Owners Forum banner
3K views 21 replies 9 participants last post by  RapidRob 
#1 ·
Anyone here purchase a good car cover for the 09 V? Just looking for one and with so many out there (from $ to $$$) just wondering if anyone has first hand experience with a good product. Mostly looking for indoor (garage) use.

#2 ·
I am currently looking into this subject too. "California-Car Cover-Co.'s" best 2 covers, the California Customweave, priced from $ 309.99 & the Extremeweave, priced from $ 169.99, are not available for our cars, I already checked. The Plushweave, the heavy cotton one lined with flannel, is available for these, I believe, but it has been known to leave a fine grey dust on the car upon removal until it is a few years old. I have used the Plushweave covers on my turbobuicks & vettes for the last 20 or 25 years, but the grey dust residue has gotten worse.

#3 ·
I have car covers from Griot's Garage. The have excellent covers that are designed specifically for the vehicle. I have one for my 1997 Volvo 850R Sport Wagon and one for my SRT 10...they have three or four different fabrics and sell an outstanding product. The SRT 10 is a Truck with a rear spoiler, and the cover provided by Griot was perfect. I have very light material since both of these vehicles are garage queens. Highly recommend Griot...

#4 ·
Griot's Garage has outstanding covers designed for individual vehicles. I have a '97 Volvo 850R Sport Wagon and a Ram SRT 10 w/a rear spoiler...the covers from Griot that I purchased are perfect fit, and are outstanding in quality.

Have not checked on one for the V yet...still rubbing on it daily...

#5 ·
I have the Covercraft Weathershield HD for the V. Kinda pricey, but it did keep it clean and dry while I had to leave it outsdie for a week or
so. Nice fit, slippery to put on and take off and minimal protection from dents. Great for dust and rain.

I use the Noah Wolf for my Camaro and my Z06. It is heavier, not as costly, but will soak through when wet, harder to store, but better
protection from dents and scratches if kids are coming and going from your garage!

My$0.02.

#8 ·
It has grommets at the bottom so you can run a cable lock. Although cables can be easily cut. I just
bungeed it to holes in the frame so it would not blow off. It is very light weight. Easy to roll up and store
in the trunk or the original box/bag. It has side mirror pockets and fits very well. Elastic in the front
and back and covers the whole front end and rear end. It also protects the rims as it goes almost right
to the ground. It is easy to wash and dry. I have washed the Noah and it is hard to get dry. You have
to dry it on the car!

Sometimes it's the you get what you paid for it syndrome. As my father used to say - quality will be
remembered long after the price is forgotten. You can Google it and get it for less I"m sure. However,
I did not want to skimp on anything for my V!

#13 ·
I believe it's a manmade fabric. It is 100% waterproof. Mine went through
a couple heavy rains, and no water got through to the car.

It can be a handful to do by yourself if it is windy. But, the trade off is
you can fold it or roll it and it stores easily. I'll take some photos this
weekend of my V with the cover on so you can see it. If you PM me
I can tell where I bought and how much. I don't know if they are
a forum vendor so I don't want to post that here and break the rules!

#12 ·
Too bad nobody is posting pics of their covers on this thread. I would definitely like to see what some of these covers look like on the cars. And folded too. I think that the Noah is too thick for what I want. For anybody that wants to take really good care of their ride, Cal Car Cover Co makes a cashmere for the paltry sum of 2K, as in $2000. I love my new CTS-V. Not quite that much though. I think that I will go out and hug it now, and keep the $2000.

#17 ·
I got mine through "www.High-End_Motorsports.com" I got the revolution for $189.00. Looks and fits great, way more than I need for a garage cover but the extra thickness and soft under side ensures no scratches while peeps are in the garage who might rub/bump my V.

Mike P. :cool:

#21 ·
I found some decent ones from empire. This cover was a replacement cover for a custom cover that cost three times as much and started leaking water and collecting dust under the cover in less than a year. My Empire cover is 4 months old, has survived numerous strong thunderstorms and seering Texas sun, and so far is exceeding my expectations. I have 3 cars under cover, soon the other two will be covered by Empire.

http://empirecovers-review.blogspot.com/

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.