: Soft trunk close?

bruff1977
08-18-09, 10:23 AM
I forgot to ask about the soft trunk close/open during my test drive in July, and Cadillac's website doesn't mention it in the list of standard features. It would be nice to have, and I think it's another indicator of a quality product...

thatcoder
08-18-09, 10:42 AM
what's that?

commander112
08-18-09, 11:29 AM
Your kidding right? The car is heavy enough without adding useless features like a power truck latch. This is supposed to be a performance car. That is what the DTS is for.

Mark

tedcmiller
08-18-09, 11:50 AM
Neither the DTS nor the CTS-V the have the trunk lid pull-down feature. This feature was abandoned years ago.

thatcoder
08-18-09, 11:56 AM
lol. the trunk is light as a feather. this ain't a soccer mom car. the escalade, denali and the fx35 have that feature.. that's what she drives.

wfo
08-18-09, 05:28 PM
Agreed...no trunk closure feature, nor one needed, IMHO.

It does have a nice under trunk handle for grasping which works great. With the right technique, I can close mine without slamming it or ever touching the trunk or brake light bar, and since my car is black, well, suffice to say.. I hate finger prints. Don't get them with this nice handle. Thanks GM!

Tony407
08-18-09, 05:33 PM
Agreed...no trunk closure feature, nor one needed, IMHO.

It does have a nice under trunk handle for grasping which works great. With the right technique, I can close mine without slamming it or ever touching the trunk or brake light bar, and since my car is black, well, suffice to say.. I hate finger prints. Don't get them with this nice handle. Thanks GM!

Agreed. And even if you're hands are partially full, a quick pull on the interior handle and a soft push on the third brake light (which hides finger or palm prints rather nicely) is all you need.

Tony

allklr
08-18-09, 06:06 PM
Loved that on my lexus, had it on the doors to but thats an option on high end luxury cars.

inurok
08-18-09, 11:51 PM
Yeah my 7 series and towncar have the soft pulldown trunk but I dont think they will ever offer it on a car like the CTS.Not a bad thing as that part always breaks...

Prof
08-19-09, 12:48 AM
...well, suffice to say.. I hate finger prints. Don't get them with this nice handle. Thanks GM!

Thank God! I thought I was the only one. :o

neuronbob
08-19-09, 06:13 AM
Why would anyone want a soft trunk close on this car? I understand it on an SUV, which has a heavy door. I'm not being critical, I'm just wondering as the trunk lid on this car is light as a feather.

(Edit: I see someone beat me to the "light as a feather" comment. :) )

The handle is an AWESOME idea, I use it all the time.

rp161
08-19-09, 08:38 AM
Thats what mades the car industry so great "the right to choose".

bruff1977
08-19-09, 09:38 AM
Thanks for the input. Good info about the interior handle.

V-Eight
08-20-09, 01:05 AM
Thats what mades the car industry so great "the right to choose".

There's just nowhere near as many options as there used to be. You used to pretty well be able to spec out a whole car.

Tony407
08-20-09, 03:54 AM
Thanks for the input. Good info about the interior handle.

Just make sure to grab the handle in an underhand grip when pulling it closed. An overhand grip, as I sadly learned on one not-to-be-repeated incident, can result in the trunk hitting your knuckles and the back of your hand on the way down. Not cool. :crying2:

Tony