: Windshield Wiper Fluid Leak

Angelico90000
08-18-09, 09:43 AM
I have a Windshield Wiper Fluid Leak, on my 02 Escalade.

Is on the driverside front behind the headlight.. looking underneath all I can see is the clear tank with blue fluid and drips on the bottom. I'm wondering if there is a simple fix so I don't have to take the car apart or go to the dealer for something this stupid!

Maybe drain the fluid and meld the plastic back together or something??

BDuncan
08-18-09, 08:09 PM
I have fixed this same problem on both my Escalade and a Tahoe, it's not too bad but a little tight due to space. There are two pumps mounted in the bottom front of the washer fluid tank, one for front squiters and one for rear. The pumps have hard plastic lines connected with rubber end pieces. The most common leak cause is leaking battery acid which either eats the plastic tops of the pumps or eats holes in the hard plastic lines. My Escalade pumps were fine until I bought a new battery that leaked and ruined the pumps. It's also possible one of the line connectors came loose. To get to the tank and pumps, remove fender brace over the battery, the battery and battery box, then you will see the top bolts for the tank. You also need to pop loose the plastic inner fender to get to the lower tank mounts. If your pumps are damaged, they are not real cheap, if I remember about $60-70 each. My Tahoe had a broken plastic line and they didn't cost very much. The only tough part is getting the electrical connectors back on the pumps. The pumps have to be in the tank to fit it back into place (from the bottom) which make it hard to see and feel to get the connectors back on. There is not a lot of space to get you hand/arm positioned to work but it can be done without too much effort.