: No Keyfob Detected

inurok
08-17-09, 03:40 PM
Recently I have been getting this message more and more. Is it a remote battery issue? is it easy to replace?

Thanks

CIWS
08-17-09, 03:58 PM
Yeah that's how a weakening battery starts showing itself. The FOB should pop open and it has a watch type battery.

inurok
08-17-09, 04:07 PM
Thanks I just replaced the 2032 battery and I will test it out next time i drive the car.

inurok
08-19-09, 02:24 PM
Hey that did the trick no more error messages thanks.

CIWS
08-19-09, 05:50 PM
I experienced the same thing and mentioned it one time when the car was at the dealership. They said they tried replacing the battery in the FOB but it didn't make any difference. When I got home I looked closely at the FOB and saw no signs it had been opened, it was still pristine. So I pried it open, went and got a battery and replaced it myself and that solved my issue. I did call my Service Advisor back and told them what I saw/did and to let them know I didn't appreciate being lied to.

inurok
09-16-09, 08:31 AM
Well the error message has come back. the door handles and trunk unlock no problem but in the drivers seat I get keyfob not detected then after pressing the button like 10 trys the car will start? Any other have or had this problem?

CIWS
09-16-09, 09:37 AM
Is it happening with one or both FOBS ?

try2k
09-17-09, 11:35 AM
I had the exact same problem a few months ago with my '06 STS-V. I called my local dealership and talked to a mechanic I have known there for a while. He told me to put the fob in the center console glove box. (There is a place made for it, at the rear of the glove box.) Then he told me to see if that would get the car to start and bring it right in. I did that and it worked, so I took it in. He said it would most likely be the battery in the car, not the fob. Sure enough the car battery tested bad and they replaced it for me while I waited. No problems since then. Should be worth trying. Good luck.

ewill3rd
09-17-09, 05:30 PM
There could be a couple of issues. I have had customers complain that it does it if the key is in a certain location in the vehicle, like your right hand pocket.
There are dead spots in the car where the signal won't be picked up.
Try to reposition it to another location or your left pocket and see if it acts up again.
If it continues to do so, try the pocket in the console. If it acts up remotely but works in the pocket the transmitter might be failing itself.
I don't see too many other issues.