: First long road trip, first problem

Hawkeye2
08-17-09, 05:15 AM
My first impression after a nice 500+ mile road trip. Effortless power.

The car is a dream on the highway. So easy to reach speeds way
in excess of what the law allows. Had to call ONSTAR though. Got
a message on the DIC - Service Suspension System - speed limited
to 80 MPH. The ONSTAR tech thinks it is just a bad sensor since
there were no other symptoms, but it does mean a trip to the dealer.

However, on the way home, with the warning still there, the car
would go over 80. Go figure! It would not go over 80 when the
warning first appeared.:suspense:

thatcoder
08-17-09, 07:23 AM
Hmm. Do you have any aftermarket additions to your V?

chopmeat
08-17-09, 08:14 AM
Maybe one of the sensors got unplugged, That happened to me.

Hawkeye2
08-17-09, 11:45 AM
Pure stock. I have an appoint on Wed. with the dealer to check it out. Could not be unplugged, it was intermittent. I did
not get the warning every start.

Nutz
08-17-09, 12:00 PM
My first impression after a nice 500+ mile road trip. Effortless power.

The car is a dream on the highway. So easy to reach speeds way
in excess of what the law allows. I describe it as eutopia. No wind noise, silent shifter linkage, the driver is attached to the road (not traffic) and can relax. This car is comfortable and effortless at 100. It's not an eyeball popping white-knuckle experience, just smooth and seamless power.

tommy compton
08-17-09, 12:09 PM
Hey where you in Winnipeg this past weekend? I saw a black V with Ontario plates at the Mcdonalds on St. Mary's rd in St. Vital. It's the first second gen V i've seen on the road here. I wasn't in my v , but I rolled by you in my friends 78 coupe Deville.

Hawkeye2
08-17-09, 02:12 PM
Nope, not me. Mine is Thunder Gray and I was in Pennsylvania! Eutopia is accurate. 92 degrees and very humid. I had the a/c on low,
the cooing seats on medium, XM radio going, talking to my wife all the while relaxed and cruising!

Berger 93
08-18-09, 10:05 AM
Hawkeye, good to see you in PA. Thanks for the opportunity to drive the "V". Very sweet car! :)

Hope the dealer gets your issue resolved quickly! . . . Cruising in my STS-V today :)

garfin
08-18-09, 10:36 AM
Hawkeye, good to see you in PA. Thanks for the opportunity to drive the "V". Very sweet car! :)

Hope the dealer gets your issue resolved quickly! . . . Cruising in my STS-V today :)

Great to see you again in PA as well! ... and thanks for the opportunity to drive your V - a very eye-opening (and enjoyable) experience!
I got the same suspension message on my wife's 99 STS - and the speed was limited. I pulled the code which indicated which sensor had gotten fubared. I went out and got a replacement sensor and my garage took 15 min. job to replace it. I would be very surprised if there was not an easy fix for your problem.
I researched the code in that particular section of this forum and the info I received was spot on! Thanks!!

Best regards,

Elie

Hawkeye2
08-19-09, 03:40 PM
Back from the dealership. First, I rolled up under the canopy, a man walks over to me with a new sheet of plastic and a paper floor mat. I
told him that I had not seen the service writer yet, he said, "no problem, I"m just here to wrap them". He put a clean plastic sheet over
the drivers seat, and the paper mat on the floor.

The service writer typed the work order, then did a walk around my car, and noted no prior damage. He offered me a ride in the shuttle, but
I told him I'd rather wait. He said it might be an hour or so, I said no problem. I wandered around the dealership.

Almost 2 hours later the servcie manager found me. My car was under the canopy again. They found the left rear sensor was not plugged
in all the way. Apparently it has a locking tab that was not locked down. They had to remove the back seat to access the sensor. He
test drove it, and no more code. The car was just as clean as when I dropped it off. Very professional.