: Wait4Me Tune whats the differences

inurok
08-17-09, 04:14 AM
I recently ordered the SCT tuner for my STS-V from Wait4me. After working out a few glitches I was finally able to load the performance tune. I don't notice much difference around town but doing WOT on a roll is amazing. Tranny shifted so firm i though I would damage it lol. There are 2 other tunes called Max perfomance and race i think? Anyway does anyone know exactly what each tune does differently?

Loading a tune takes over 20 minutes which is very slow so I really dont wnt to load another tune unless its really a big difference.

Still cant really spin the tires from a stop but that okay. Even the supercharger whine sounds louder but that could just be me?

Indyblue98
08-17-09, 11:13 AM
I recently ordered the SCT tuner for my STS-V from Wait4me.
Still cant really spin the tires from a stop but that okay. Even the supercharger whine sounds louder but that could just be me?

:bonkers:
I just turn the traction control off and it will boil the tires from a standstill, even get quite a bit action with a roll out to about 10 mph before hitting the gas to the floor.

Florian
08-17-09, 11:55 AM
+1 ^^^^^ I can roast my tires at a standstill w/o much issue.

F

WillySTS
08-17-09, 12:35 PM
:yup:

inurok
08-17-09, 01:53 PM
+1 ^^^^^ I can roast my tires at a standstill w/o much issue.

F

MY goodyear tires have amazing grip so I dont to burnouts so well. The car does slide sideways when gunned from a stop but no smoke or anything like that.

Florian
08-17-09, 02:36 PM
F's "How to roast your GY tires"

1. Come to stoplight/stop sign.
2. Turn off TC until Stab. System is off.
3. Foot on brake
4. Load up Torque Conv to about 2.5K rpm
5. Wait for light to change to green
6. Mash gas pedal to firewall.
7. Enjoy lots of smoke emanating from rear wheel wells.

I promise this will work for you and your Goodyears.

F

55cadillacking
08-17-09, 10:00 PM
^
|

Finally, I learn something USEFUL from the damn forum! LOL

CIWS
08-18-09, 08:20 AM

1. Come to stoplight/stop sign.
2. Turn off TC until Stab. System is off.
3. Foot on brake
4. Load up Torque Conv to about 2.5K rpm
5. Wait for light to change to green
6. Mash gas pedal to firewall.
7. Enjoy lots of smoke emanating from rear wheel wells.

F

You still have your TQ nannies in though don't you Florian ?

Florian
08-18-09, 10:24 AM
You still have your TQ nannies in though don't you Florian ?

...as far as anyone knows. :lildevil:

F

Indyblue98
08-18-09, 01:18 PM
MY goodyear tires have amazing grip so I dont to burnouts so well. The car does slide sideways when gunned from a stop but no smoke or anything like that.

:confused:

That really doesn't sound right, amazing grip that allows the car to slide? :eek:

WillySTS
08-18-09, 03:39 PM

That really doesn't sound right, amazing grip that allows the car to slide? :eek:

Not really.

Maximum traction occurs, with an lsd equipped vehicle, have an equal amount of grip. When you stage at an angle or turned, the inside wheel,under hard acceleration, will match its speed to that of the outside wheel which causes it to have less traction or spin slightly. This puts the whole traction load on the outside wheel, which it can not handle, thus the loss of traction or "fishtail" effect occurs. It is always easier to break traction on a turn rathur that straight.:thepan:

Indyblue98
08-18-09, 03:56 PM
Not really.

Maximum traction occurs, with an lsd equipped vehicle, have an equal amount of grip. When you stage at an angle or turned, the inside wheel,under hard acceleration, will match its speed to that of the outside wheel which causes it to have less traction or spin slightly. This puts the whole traction load on the outside wheel, which it can not handle, thus the loss of traction or "fishtail" effect occurs. It is always easier to break traction on a turn rathur that straight.:thepan:

:hide:
He said from a standstill, and that the tires had amazing grip.
Your statements , true as they are, assume something that was not listed.
No mention of ice dirt rain curves or Obama.
I made an assumtion that the car was straight and true.:rolleyes:

WillySTS
08-18-09, 04:52 PM
:hide:
He said from a standstill, and that the tires had amazing grip.
Your statements , true as they are, assume something that was not listed.
No mention of ice dirt rain curves or Obama.
I made an assumtion that the car was straight and true.:rolleyes:

Oh.

I had my soapbox ready, I guess I didn't notice that.

My Bad.:ill:

inurok
08-18-09, 05:20 PM

Meh whatever then...

MacMuse
08-18-09, 11:40 PM
1. Come to stoplight/stop sign....

F

oooo, gotta print that out and stick it in the visor. Save it for the day before I get new tires.

inurok
08-19-09, 07:21 AM
I loaded the max performance tune I got from W4M and boy what a difference. That car has so much more power even down low. I have to feather the gas pedal the whole time while driving lol.

Only con I have noticed is the slightest press of the gas pedal creates boost which means even worse gas mileage than before.

LITTLEELVISDAN
08-20-09, 11:52 AM
Max performance is my favorite tune and honestly the only one I load.

inurok
08-20-09, 11:55 AM
Max performance is my favorite tune and honestly the only one I load.

Hows your gas mileage with that tune? Have you ever loaded tune number 3?

johnb21
08-20-09, 04:59 PM
I need to play with them more, but I like the performance tune. My thoughts are:
Race tune - tranny seems to be all over the place, if i lift off the throttle it seems to have a delayed shift....so not so good for street. I haven't tried it on the track, which I understand is what the program is intended for.

Max Perf - good, but tranny still seems a little bit unpredictable for street.

Again, I need to load all these in one 3hr block of time and dilligently play with them.

Just some thoughts.....

Florian
08-21-09, 10:34 AM
I need to play with them more, but I like the performance tune. My thoughts are:
Race tune - tranny seems to be all over the place, if i lift off the throttle it seems to have a delayed shift....so not so good for street. I haven't tried it on the track, which I understand is what the program is intended for.

Again, I need to load all these in one 3hr block of time and dilligently play with them.

Just some thoughts.....

Please report your findings. :sneaky:

F

Indyblue98
08-21-09, 11:09 AM
[QUOTE=johnb21;1977760]

[QUOTE]

What about manually upshifts ?
The stock setup is very much delayed...rev limiter is too easy to hit if when trying to shift clos to redline.:crybaby:

Jpjr
08-23-09, 01:21 PM
Has anyone been consistently running tunes without throwing CEL codes?

I'm assuming yes, but we usually only hear when something goes wrong.

inurok
08-24-09, 07:43 PM
Has anyone been consistently running tunes without throwing CEL codes?

I'm assuming yes, but we usually only hear when something goes wrong.

I have installed 2 tunes back to back for the past week and so far no CEL but i will report back if it does come on/