: Bluetooth question

sts4ga
08-16-09, 10:55 PM
I have the #'s programmed into the nav and it works great through the touchscreen but the voice recog. needs you to call out the #??

I've read the manual and it seems this is the only way to use the voice commands with the phone.

Most phones allow a "CALL FRED" type command but not with the caddy?

Am I missing something?

AllWheelEric
08-17-09, 10:56 AM
You need to record a name tag for each number in the phone book. Then you can dial by name. I believe the command is "Telephone dial name."

sts4ga
08-17-09, 07:58 PM
Thanks a million! I have been reading the manual and I'll check that out.

306stang
08-19-09, 04:56 PM
does this happen to anyone else????

when you place a call, through the phone then rings through the car, there is a "buzzing" noise. if you forget to turn the radio down it almost gives you a heart attack. it's very annoying. almost like the phone is connecting to the car then dialing.

does this make sense?

inurok
08-19-09, 07:37 PM
does this happen to anyone else????

when you place a call, through the phone then rings through the car, there is a "buzzing" noise. if you forget to turn the radio down it almost gives you a heart attack. it's very annoying. almost like the phone is connecting to the car then dialing.

does this make sense?

Happens to me all the time... :(

MacMuse
08-19-09, 08:14 PM
yep, very common with iPhones & the STS.

306stang
08-19-09, 08:26 PM
not an iphone, blackberry 8350i

super, it's annoying as hell

MacMuse
08-19-09, 10:40 PM
yeah!! it happens with something else than an iPhone!!!

um, excuse me. I mean, sorry to hear that.

Force-1
08-19-09, 10:54 PM
My Palm has the loud buzz issue too--STS issue, not phone.

inurok
08-19-09, 11:39 PM
Didnt happen with my motorola but happens all the time with my iphone?

K STS
08-20-09, 08:41 AM
Doesnt happen with G1 or MyTouch

Force-1
10-25-09, 08:38 PM
Just bought the newly released HTC Hero and paired with my STS--no more buzz when connecting!!! :bouncy:

My previous phone, Palm Centro, buzzed loudly when connecting a call. That was damn annoying. Problem is now gone with HTC!

craig.martell
10-25-09, 09:38 PM
Just bought the newly released HTC Hero and paired with my STS--no more buzz when connecting!!! :bouncy:

My previous phone, Palm Centro, buzzed loudly when connecting a call. That was damn annoying. Problem is now gone with HTC!

I have found that HTC phones seem to work pretty well with my STS bluetooth. Also, I have just discovered that Nokia's do ok too. I just picked up the Nokia N85, and it seems to work perfectly. My iPhone was horrible.

My wife's 2009 CTS has none of these problems.

Craig

Stoxx
10-26-09, 11:34 AM
I have found that the "buzzing" noise is not so much what type of phone you use as it is what type of technology your carrier is using. GSM phones seem to "buzz" more than CDMA phones

hugo
10-27-09, 10:57 AM
I have found that the "buzzing" noise is not so much what type of phone you use as it is what type of technology your carrier is using. GSM phones seem to "buzz" more than CDMA phones

That makes sense since the STS is a Verizon CDMA system.