www.forgiatoblog.com:stirpot:

http://i151.photobucket.com/albums/s144/lijahlloyd/hate.jpg

http://i151.photobucket.com/albums/s144/lijahlloyd/h2.jpg

aceofblitz
08-16-09, 12:46 PM
I Lol'd

razl
08-16-09, 01:12 PM
I'm not going to hate, I'm just alternating between laughing and crying. It just looks like a bad joke to me...

AuPanda
08-16-09, 01:15 PM
Ummm, well....I like the black out tail lights.:Civardi:

CIWS
08-16-09, 01:41 PM
I'm not going to hate, I'm just alternating between laughing and crying. It just looks like a bad joke to me...

:yeah:

OldRoadDawg
08-16-09, 01:44 PM
Surely someone makes 24s for the V. Don't put limits on yourself

allklr
08-16-09, 02:04 PM
Don't care for the rims but the blackout tailights do look good.

wfo
08-16-09, 02:06 PM
Ok, that's maybe a little too much.

Luna.
08-16-09, 02:09 PM

Surely someone makes 24s for the V. Don't put limits on yourself

:histeric:

nradcad
08-16-09, 02:46 PM
At least it solves the wheel well gap issue. I am reminded of a Bible verse though -
"All things are permissible, but not all things are beneficial."

Seems true enough here.

liqidvenom
08-16-09, 03:00 PM
did u just quote a bible verse?

this forum is way too squeaky clean.

N8dawg
08-16-09, 03:37 PM
Did you do your taillights yourself or did you have them done professionally? And do they look hazy when they're lit?

idoitforv
08-16-09, 03:57 PM
black out the chrome trim too.

neuronbob
08-16-09, 04:07 PM
They look like wagon wheels. Sorry, don't like them, though blacked out tails on a black car look hot. :thumbsup:

nradcad
08-16-09, 04:44 PM
blacked out tail lights are bada$$

chopmeat
08-16-09, 04:59 PM
I usually hate this, but somehow it looks sick and mean.
I wouldn't do it though! Lol.

Prof
08-16-09, 06:27 PM
Beauty is in the eye of beholder...some guys like fat chicks...more power to them.

But please respond to the questions about the blacked out tail lights (all three!).

Fubar75207
08-16-09, 07:51 PM
Negative on the taillights but just like the other thread, the 22s don't look as gangster as I thought they would.

Jayrcr3
08-16-09, 08:12 PM
Is it just the pic, or are those tires to skinny for those rims?

AmerLux
08-16-09, 08:42 PM
This car is not mine. Just found it and posted the pics...

rekctsv
08-16-09, 08:45 PM
At first I was thinking 22's, oh no! But it actually doesn't look that bad.

They don't look as oversized as I thought they would. The shot from the rear is bad ass!

AmerLux
08-16-09, 09:49 PM
http://i151.photobucket.com/albums/s144/lijahlloyd/22.jpg

Punmax
08-16-09, 11:07 PM
I wouldn't go over 20's, but that sure does look good! Keep it up brother.

dvandentop
08-16-09, 11:08 PM
legendary

razl
08-16-09, 11:28 PM
Believe it or not, I never even noticed the blacked out tailights in the original post. I'll give you props for those - that's badarse.

SoJersey05V
08-17-09, 12:03 AM
i just puked! sorry

lewster01
08-17-09, 12:27 AM
MMPFF...I think I just threw up a little in my mouth.

:cookoo:

:brainfart:

sikohsix
08-17-09, 04:13 AM
That ain't bad a bit. I like. Fills up everything nicely, and they're not so wide that they bulge outside the wheel well. I could do w/ thinner spokes, but overall they're a good fit. What is it that ignites everyones' distaste...the design of the wheel, or the size?:hmm:

Hawkeye2
08-17-09, 06:18 AM
would be easier to clean than the stock ones!

THP
08-17-09, 01:16 PM
They forgot to put the glittery 22" sticker on the rear window.

Jayrcr3
08-17-09, 09:11 PM
Those wheels make one of the largest set of brakes you can buy on a car look small. The size doesn't look bad, but those are really ugly wheels.

Stingray23
08-18-09, 03:18 AM
ghetto

Vrocks
08-18-09, 10:03 AM
The wheels, tint, and tail lights look great.

bruff1977
08-18-09, 10:36 AM
The 22s do fill in the wheel wells very nice. I think these wheels would kill if the rears were set in an inch or two, and have the staggered look.

CTSV_510
08-18-09, 07:16 PM

I wonder how the ride is. Is there even room for air in those tires?

V-Eight
08-18-09, 08:44 PM
i puked

everdegu
08-19-09, 02:30 PM
I went to the link but don't see the pics of the V?? Is there a direct link to the page with pics...I want to see what people are puking about??

thebigjimsho
08-19-09, 03:49 PM
http://i151.photobucket.com/albums/s144/lijahlloyd/22.jpg
What does the twenty two own??

thebigjimsho
08-19-09, 03:50 PM
www.forgiatoblog.com:stirpot: (http://www.forgiatoblog.com:stirpot:)

Looks like Michelin finally came out with the Tweel...

neuronbob
08-19-09, 05:11 PM
They forgot to put the glittery 22" sticker on the rear window.

I do a facepalm when I see those (too frequently) around here.

AmerLux
08-19-09, 06:48 PM
What does the twenty two own??

Exclusive rights to ruin a performance automobile.:thumbsup:

everdegu
08-20-09, 01:28 PM
Thanks for re-posting the pics...

DOH!!!

I am feeling the blacked out tail lights and third brake light, but the rest....i don't think so....I didn't puke though...

Beauty is in the eye of the beholder....

thebigjimsho
08-20-09, 03:42 PM
...or those with taste...

1BlinkGone
08-20-09, 06:40 PM
I am feeling the blacked out tail lights and third brake light, but the rest....i don't think so....I didn't puke though...

Same here on all counts. I really like the blacked-out rear lights.. at least on that color. I never thought I'd say that... I like it so much if I get a CTS-V in the Raven Black color (which I probably will), I'll do that to mine. To me it's an improvement.

OlDirtyRobb
08-20-09, 07:00 PM
I like the size, dont like the style

Cub Cadet
08-22-09, 05:01 PM
the first 4x4 V.

MSOsr
08-22-09, 05:30 PM
The rear lights blacked themselves out with embarrassment.....

Mike

thebigjimsho
08-22-09, 05:58 PM
harsh... :histeric:

04vman
08-22-09, 07:19 PM
22"s on a 550 horse car is an abomination. Why didn't you just buy an Escalade when you were at the caddy dealer if you wanted 22's on a car, since looks is obviously supreme importance. I don't think looks were the high priority when they were developing this car. Maybe performance was the reason they even built it.

thebigjimsho
08-22-09, 07:53 PM
22"s on a 550 horse car is an abomination. Why didn't you just buy an Escalade when you were at the caddy dealer if you wanted 22's on a car, since looks is obviously supreme importance. I don't think looks were the high priority when they were developing this car. Maybe performance was the reason they even built it.
Because they put 26s on the Escalades...

Gary Wells
08-23-09, 08:22 AM
curb-bait & pot-hole destined

thebigjimsho
08-23-09, 06:51 PM
but if you've got the coin to buy the wheels in the first place, it's probably accepted like tires wearing out...

Gary Wells
08-23-09, 08:46 PM
I have a hard time believing that someone would actually pay for those wheels.

thebigjimsho
08-23-09, 09:43 PM
you'd be surprised...

V-Eight
08-24-09, 12:59 AM
I don't think looks were the high priority when they were developing this car. Maybe performance was the reason they even built it.

I dunno, the car looks pretty damn good. Certainly a lot better than the regular CTS.

thebigjimsho
08-24-09, 01:24 AM
I'm not feeling it...

Aron9000
08-24-09, 02:32 AM
Definetly gansta and ghetto faboulous:ack::ack::ack::ack:

verbs
08-24-09, 03:13 AM
Wow, those wheels are ****ing hideous....and not just because they're big, but they're ugly as sin. You completely ruined that car. What a shame.

Warchild
08-24-09, 03:34 AM
The look is ok if your going for the Im young and have cash to burn image. It would definitely turn heads...
I love the look the car has straight from the factory with only mild upgrades to make it a little more special. Key word is MILD

osu411yamaha
08-24-09, 03:57 AM
That car is set up by the owner to turn heads. I am willing to bet the owner would accomplish that goal with every single one of you who are hating on it if they pulled up next to you.....

Punmax
08-24-09, 04:43 AM
I'm ashamed to be part of this online community. Reading the comments posted by members has me really angry right now. So what if he has 22" wheels on his V? If it's not your thing, move on. You don't have to write these stupid ignorant comments like "The rear lights blacked themselves out with embarrassment..." :helpless:

Gary Wells
08-24-09, 08:26 AM
I'm ashamed to be part of this online community. Reading the comments posted by members has me really angry right now. So what if he has 22" wheels on his V? If it's not your thing, move on. You don't have to write these stupid ignorant comments like "The rear lights blacked themselves out with embarrassment..." :helpless:
Seems to me that's pretty much what the OP asked for. It's not like he asked for a showing of brotherly love.

thebigjimsho
08-24-09, 08:51 AM
That car is set up by the owner to turn heads. I am willing to bet the owner would accomplish that goal with every single one of you who are hating on it if they pulled up next to you.....

fail.

thatcoder
08-24-09, 10:02 AM
Love the smoked out lights, tint work, and the wheels. I'd have gone down an inch to 21, and gotten a little more rubber. Rubber band tires cause a lot of crazy things to happen to the wheels.

1BlinkGone
08-24-09, 03:23 PM

Turning heads away, perhaps

V-Eight
08-24-09, 03:27 PM
LRubber band tires cause a lot of crazy things to happen to the wheels.

Aside from making the car look like shit

haterinc
08-24-09, 04:07 PM
Because they put 26s on the Escalades...

that's right teal V jim haha ;)

thebigjimsho
08-24-09, 08:30 PM
that's right teal V jim haha ;)
that's just crazy talk...

Fantasy Toys
11-29-09, 02:33 AM
The car definitly looks sexy I like it

ericpd
11-29-09, 04:42 AM
Just one question. How much for about an hour or so with your finest girls,... maybe two or three of 'em and everything goes?' No crack heads now, and no dogs,... they gotta be clean and non-toxic. You got two or three of those? Or did you trade with the pimp on the other side of town your clean and fine ones for those wheels off his '78 Cutlass?

cbloveday
11-29-09, 06:06 AM
Visually:
I personally do not like the look. The wheels are expensive but I do not like the wheel style. They are too big for my taste and take away from the vehicle lines. All you see is wheels.

Performance:
The rims may interfere with the magnetic ride etc.

To each their own. Car must be set up for cruising only.

Tony407
11-29-09, 05:24 PM
The original poster asked for the hate to flow...

YUCK! I have to agree with others about how ugly these wheels make the car look. What a grave, grave shame.

A 22" wheel probably wouldn't look too bad, but definitely not those.

I hope the owner likes them, because that's all that matters. To each their own.

Tony

DrumStix
11-30-09, 11:23 AM

Nice. You drive through the ghetto a lot? Yes, I do hate it and if you were looking to make someone jealous the 'hood might be.

liqidvenom
11-30-09, 11:49 AM
Nice. You drive through the ghetto a lot? Yes, I do hate it and if you were looking to make someone jealous the 'hood might be.

its already a caddy with a good deal of factory chrome on it with tons of random body flares....Gm did a decent job giving it a 'hood treatment.

i dunno what is worse, his chrome wheels or the fact that i'm sure a good number of you V2 owners have horrid looking chrome rims on from the factory.

neuronbob
11-30-09, 12:24 PM
Actually, in defense of Cadillac, the stock polished rims (not chrome) are not too flashy at all, partially because they don't completely fill the wheel well. These Fiorino Ottos in this thread are definitely not my taste, though.

concorso
11-30-09, 01:48 PM
I'm ashamed to be part of this online community. Reading the comments posted by members has me really angry right now. So what if he has 22" wheels on his V? If it's not your thing, move on. You don't have to write these stupid ignorant comments like "The rear lights blacked themselves out with embarrassment..." :helpless:You get angry because of what people say on intarweb? I feel bad for ya...

That comment was funny, and if you werent so butthurt about what some random poster said about a random car that you dont own, youd realize that! Youre also using ignorant in the wrong context, but alas you just might be a lass.

liqidvenom
11-30-09, 04:57 PM
Actually, in defense of Cadillac, the stock polished rims (not chrome) are not too flashy at all, partially because they don't completely fill the wheel well. These Fiorino Ottos in this thread are definitely not my taste, though.

I could have sworn i've seen a set of stock chrome V2 wheels yesterday at the meet. Not knocking them but its hard to knock chrome on someone elses car yet have it come like that factory. not to mention the grill, accents on both sides and the rear are also chrome.

and chrome rims that dont fill the wheel well just looks odd, like you couldnt afford the rim in a larger size.

thebigjimsho
11-30-09, 06:19 PM
I could have sworn i've seen a set of stock chrome V2 wheels yesterday at the meet. Not knocking them but its hard to knock chrome on someone elses car yet have it come like that factory. not to mention the grill, accents on both sides and the rear are also chrome.

and chrome rims that dont fill the wheel well just looks odd, like you couldnt afford the rim in a larger size.
Blow me you asshat...

neuronbob
11-30-09, 11:09 PM

There are a few members who agree with you and have blacked out the chrome-look bits, which actually looks VERY good, especially on a black V. Do a search and find them, it's definitely worth the effort. :thumbsup: On my silver V, the chrome bits look far less obtrusive and so I have no plans to change those.

I've actually considered, among other options, doing hyperblack or "black chrome" on my summer (also stock polished) rims. THAT looks good on silver.

As far as the undersized-looking rims, I agree totally with you and so do most others here--BMW seems to get the stance of their cars just right. When someone comes up with lowering springs that don't screw up the magnetic ride control, I plan on considering a drop.

liqidvenom
12-01-09, 02:20 AM
Blow me you asshat...

i thought your wheels were polished/gun metal colored? the rims on the blue car were the ones i was talking about.

lucky you were driving during the fins game.... it might have made you cry watching ricky throw.

RightTurn
12-01-09, 02:31 AM
Those wheels look like this...

http://www.stashwax.com/img/oscars/BK.jpg

Clown shoes, FTMFW!

Tony407
12-01-09, 03:35 AM
Those wheels look like this...

http://www.stashwax.com/img/oscars/BK.jpg

Clown shoes, FTMFW!

Well, all I have to say is this:

I don't care what kind of wheels or shoes the V has or Beyonce is wearing, I wouldn't mind driving either one. :D

Tony

liqidvenom
12-01-09, 09:12 AM
heck beyonce can keep those shoes on while i take her for a test drive....

CTSV4now
12-01-09, 12:36 PM
Is the car lowered too? And if so, how?

thebigjimsho
12-01-09, 01:00 PM
i thought your wheels were polished/gun metal colored? the rims on the blue car were the ones i was talking about.

lucky you were driving during the fins game.... it might have made you cry watching ricky throw.
They are polished. I thought you were making a veiled funny in my direction.

Yeah, after spending about 3 hours showing my brother and father the new car, I finally started watching the game at 11PM. Thank goodness it was a fast game. Man, it sucked.

But still a great weekend, so...