: CTS-V based race team?

nradcad
08-16-09, 10:18 AM
Anyone heard if Caddy is gonna resurrect the CTS-V race team? I would love to see this compete in the ALMS.

wfo
08-16-09, 10:44 AM
Me too. Then we'd have more performance based, track tested goodies for the V coming to market, like the Vettes. Besides being able to witness this super sedan being driven with the precision of a surgeon...like non other than an Andy Pilgrim can do.

CIWS
08-16-09, 10:55 AM
Well I guess now the largest sponsor logo on the car would be the American flag.

:patriot:

nradcad
08-16-09, 01:38 PM
Well I guess now the largest sponsor logo on the car would be the American flag.

ouch.

liqidvenom
08-16-09, 02:02 PM

would it be better with a chinese flag on it or something?

Mikevette
08-16-09, 09:11 PM
I heard a rumorfrom a GM big wig thaqt they should be back racing in the World challenge series in two years if all goes well and Obama doesn't hear about!!!! And yes we will need to Andy Pilgram out of the Volvo and back into the V to hunt down those P-cars (euro-trash) I'll ask Andy this question and the possiblities when I talk to him @ the Petit Leman at Road Atlanta.

Mike :thumbsup:

liqidvenom
08-16-09, 11:41 PM
I heard a rumorfrom a GM big wig thaqt they should be back racing in the World challenge series in two years if all goes well and Obama doesn't hear about!!!! And yes we will need to Andy Pilgram out of the Volvo and back into the V to hunt down those P-cars (euro-trash) I'll ask Andy this question and the possiblities when I talk to him @ the Petit Leman at Road Atlanta.

yeah because obama is micro managing the gm racing program

SlvrBullIT
08-17-09, 01:02 AM
<sarcasm>
Their will be no CTS-V racing team, since the Race prepped CTS-V will not meet the new CAFE standards outlined in the GM "restoration" plan from the US Government, any and all thought of building, testing, prepping, or inclusion of a "race" version of the CTS-V will invoke the "death" provision of the said bailout and result in all owners of the limited run CTS-V Gen II to be included in any and all investigations for un-American behavior.
</sarcasm>

OldRoadDawg
08-17-09, 08:35 AM
I heard a rumorfrom a GM big wig thaqt they should be back racing in the World challenge series in two years if all goes well ......

Hmm-m... recalling how how the rule makers kept penalizing the V1 by adding weight when they started winning in the Challenge Series, they would probably make the V2 teams strap down some lead ingots in the trunk and require them to tow a 2 axle support trailer. . . just to be fair.

CIWS
08-17-09, 09:47 AM
would it be better with a chinese flag on it or something?

I think it would be great to see the Stars and Stripes on a new CTS-VR :yup: