: 80's to Early 90's trunk emblems on E-bay

MT-ED
08-15-09, 08:02 PM
I just bought one of these beauties. My car's trunk has been without the crest since I bought it in November 2007 and I've been meaning to get one for a while.

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/CADILLAC-TRUNK-EMBLEM-ORNAMENT-1979-1993-NOS-CHROME_W0QQitemZ180393315716QQcmdZViewItemQQptZMot ors_Car_Truck_Parts_Accessories?hash=item2a00478d8 4&_trksid=p4506.c0.m245

He should have a couple left.

Martin.

Angry Matt
08-15-09, 08:58 PM
I was just drooling over them the other day. Mine's all cracked, I just don't have the money for one right now, kind of holding out for a junk yard find. Probably won't happen, but you never know.

Robin Banx
08-15-09, 09:19 PM
1979 trunk emblem and lock cover is different from 80 and up. I wonder which ones he has. Or if he knows the difference. I bought a couple of spares for my 81 car (part nbr 10205103 on the new numbering) and it is thicker than the 1970 crest/lock cover. Seems to me I paid my GM dealer a bit under $100.00 each for them so his price is OK if his product is NOS or in mint condition.

Aron9000
08-16-09, 02:19 AM
I changed out that part on my car. Total PITA, since you have to drill out the rivets. I got the hole slightly crooked, so a screw wouldn't go in there flush. I ended up using JB quick weld to hold it on there. Its still on there real strong after 9 months. I used the stuff on an old Buick I had as well, the chrome BUICK emblem came off. It was still on there four years later when I sold it.

sven914
08-16-09, 03:11 AM
When I was in College, there was this guy who was mooching off his parents for money. The only thing he had of any worth was an 85 IROC-Z, and his father was forcing him to sell it to cover his financial void. That pissed this guy off, really bad, and his mentality that he had the screw the next owner for taking his pride and joy away. So, he got a few tubes of JB weld, and proceeded to weld his engine together; the alternator bolts into the holes, the AC compressor bolts to the bracket, the oil fill cap to the vale cover, the supercharger housing to the intake, the valve cover bolts into the holes, and any other small bolts he could reach (I think he even dropped the oil and transmission pans and welded them on).

One of his relatives died before he sold the car, and left him a small sum of money; enough for his father to not sell his car. Last I heard, the valves needed adjusting and the transmission was slipping and there was nothing he could do about it because everything was welded on. Moral of the story, don't screw your own car until it is someone else's car.

MT-ED
08-16-09, 08:05 AM
I'd call that divine intervention Sven. Serves him right for being so petty :tisk:

Martin.

Stingroo
08-16-09, 12:03 PM
I would call that EPICALLY OWNED.

No other words to describe it. lol