: 2004 deville no power to nav/audio

sloboeing
08-15-09, 05:41 PM
Hi, brought car in for oil change and check engine lite. When I picked up car I noticed the hood open and what looked like a battery charger attached near the front fuse box. Drove car home and realized the nav/ audio system was dead. Looked at the fuses under rear seat and found amp and nav fuses good. Put seat back together and voila it started working. Couple of days later son left the lights on and drained the battery, requiring a jump. The car started but the nav/audio is dead again, and the 2 fuses are good. What am I missing? thanks

Dev-ille
08-22-09, 12:24 PM
Just to be sure, I'd replace the fuses with new ones. I've seen fuses that look good to the eye, but still be bad. If that doesn't work I'd pop the radio out and check to make sure you're getting power/ground at the nav with a digital multi meter. You'll be able to test for 12v constant at the harness (orange wire if I remember correctly) but not any kind of ignition or accessory since it turns on through data. If all your other fuses are good, and you're getting power at the nav, then I don't know what else it could be without looking at it myself, but it doesn't sound good. I have seen bad things happen to stereos when being jump started, but that's usually a blown/bad fuse. Make sure you check ALL your fuses in the car. If everything checks out ok, you may have to take it to a dealership (ugh) or I may be able to suggest a reputable shop in your area that could handle this. Good luck.

1caddygeek
08-24-09, 12:54 PM
This post to another radio/nav situation should give a hint.

CadillacSTS2003
Zeeee-yaaaa

data class loss
you broke the connection and remade it
by pulling the fuse and re-inserting it
hence why i said check the fuse
glad all is well