: Passenger seat - shaking / vibrating

luxurylife33
08-14-09, 08:23 PM
While I'm driving the backside of the passenger seat vibrates like crazy if no one is occupying it... looks like it needs to be tightened somehow... anybody else have this problem?

oldworld
08-15-09, 11:21 AM
I have the same problem sometimes. But my whole truck rattles and vibrates at least somewhere at sometime...lol
Sort of just got used to it. I noticed that sometimes if the headrest was up high, the seat rattled more. Like sort of made the seat back longer thus creating more or a rocking effect. I lowered it all the way down and it got better.
Seems like you are alot like me..............hate the sqeeks...lol

luxurylife33
08-15-09, 12:43 PM
yea, the seat doees'nt "squeak" .... im just getting vibration. I had it since i bought the car, never really looked into it, just interested if anyone else fixed the problem and how....

T-Giv
08-15-09, 08:27 PM
I too have this problem, both shaking and squeaking. I want to kill myself. Lol

bstiffmanofsteel
08-15-09, 09:30 PM
The wire that allows the headrest to tilt backwards is too loose. If you remove the leather there is only foam and metal. You have to put something between the wire and the metal... Bubble wrap is good!

luxurylife33
08-16-09, 12:10 AM
my headrest is fine.... its just the whole back of the seats vibrates

oldworld
08-16-09, 10:06 AM
same with mine. The headrest is fine. My seat back has play as well, and has that same annoying little rinky dink vibration. Thats why I lowered the headrest fully down. Less leverage to swing.
I asked caddy about it one time while it was there and they said nothing can be done to tighten it.
Turn the music up lol:thepan:

oldworld
08-16-09, 10:09 AM
Lux..............you do detailing sort of stuff right?
Ever hear of paintless scratch repair???

bstiffmanofsteel
08-16-09, 12:31 PM
Weird that you both responded my headrest is fine... What I am telling you is the metal wire that controls that mechanism is loose. That is what the vibrating is. So if you want to stop the rattle, you have to take the leather cover off the seat, remove the foam, then you can insulate that wire with bubble wrap or something that will stop it from bouncing off the metal on the back of the seat...

luxurylife33
08-16-09, 02:25 PM
old world,

yea i do all that. I do not do detailing though. Scratch repair, paint repair, paintless dent repair. www.bumper2bumperreconditioning.com

bstiffmanofsteel
08-20-09, 11:37 AM
Did you guys check it out yet?

T-Giv
08-20-09, 12:01 PM
I'm worried about pulling the leather off the seat. I have never really messed with the seats in my truck. Can you please describe the procedure for pulling away the leather?

bstiffmanofsteel
08-20-09, 12:44 PM
Lift the lower part of the seat as if laying the seat flat. Unscrew the lever on the side. Phillips screw driver. Unhook the plastic latch under the seat. then slowly pull the leather up from the bottom. It is attached to the foam with velcro be mindful of this! Pull the foam forward and you'll see exactly 1 metal wire against a steal seat support. insulate that wire everywhere it touches the metal. Put it back together, no mare rattle!

bstiffmanofsteel
08-20-09, 12:46 PM
email me bstiff@tmo.blackberry.net. I'll send you pics from my phone

smelly$cat
08-20-09, 01:46 PM
Could it be that the seat vibrate/shakes due to one of your wheels/tires not being balanced perfectly? I think this is a fairly common problem.

--

While I'm driving the backside of the passenger seat vibrates like crazy if no one is occupying it... looks like it needs to be tightened somehow... anybody else have this problem?

ponicg
08-20-09, 02:12 PM
Could it be that the seat vibrate/shakes due to one of your wheels/tires not being balanced perfectly? I think this is a fairly common problem.

--

I have this problem. I've had my effing tires balanced like 5-6 times in the last 6 months. Within days, though, my seat is shaking like it's been possessed. It really starts to irk me after a while. I dunno how to keep my wheels balanced. :(

bstiffmanofsteel
08-20-09, 02:13 PM
Doubtful, mine did it with my stock 17s, my 20s and 24s... BTW, Even doing what I did, it reduced the noise dramatically. But not 100% eliminated