: Trunk and Hood Light sizes?

K STS
08-14-09, 01:42 PM
Anyone know the model/size of the bulb in the trunk and hood? Cant seem to find this anywhere.

snum1fan
08-14-09, 02:29 PM
The bulb in the trunk is a 212, I believe it is also called a "festoon" type bulb. I just replaced all of my interior bulbs with LEDs and they all work great, they even auto dim. My 212 trunk LED goes on really dim sometimes, I havent checked it out yet, but either some of the LEDs are burnt, or something is up. I used a 20 LED bulb from V-leds.com.

There is a post recently with the compplete sizes of every bulb interior and exterior.

OR

Go to sylvanias bulb look up.

www.sylvania.com/ConsumerProducts/AutomotiveLighting/LampReplacementGuide/

K STS
08-14-09, 03:20 PM
The recent post is from me - I had everything but the hood/trunk lights.

The sylvania guide does not list trunk or hood lights.

One or two lights in the trunk?

snum1fan
08-14-09, 04:19 PM
Oh, sorry, didn't notice that.

There is only one light in the trunk. It's really easy to get to.

Any idea why the trunk light LED would come on sometimes and then sometimes not, and then sometimes come on but really really dim?

Cant figure it out. I have tried wiggling it turning it around, etc.

Have you ordered LEDs online before? I have read a lot of bad reviews about autoluminations LEDs. I went with V-leds.com and so far they are all holding up great. Only problem is the trunk one, and I don't know if its the bulb or something else.

lreddiablo
08-14-09, 05:09 PM
Anyone had success with a good bright LED for the trunk bulb. Changed all my interior bulbs, but not sure what is a good one for the weird trunk bulb