: CLS55 AMG as fast as the king !!!

cts-v2009
08-14-09, 12:36 PM
hi all

i just cant believe how fast is CLS55 AMG

i raced him 3 times from rolling won 1 by big margin lose 1 by big margin :confused: and drow on the last one ( from 80-250 )

I dont know how CLS55 AMG is fast as my car my car is doing from 0-210 in 13.3 second where the normal CLS55 or even CLS63 cant reach 200 before 14 second

Im thinking the only way for this car to be as fast as CTS-V is just by modd !!!

any way this CLS55 much faster than SL63 and M6 as the driver told me and he said my car was the best car he raced

but when i asked him about what is in his car he just told me its stock !!!

video clip will be added late tommoro

Gotham CTS-V
08-14-09, 12:48 PM
If the CLS55 is faster than the SL63 and M6, he is stage I. Many of them have pulley swaps and ecu tunes just like our cars. It easily adds 60hp+ to their cars. Stock vs stock, the CTS-V has the advantage.

Luna.
08-14-09, 01:06 PM
The one that baffles me is the E63...

They run low 12s stock, yet only have about 410 rwhp and the car weighs 4k+ lbs.

WTH??? :hmm:

haterinc
08-14-09, 01:07 PM
no way that was stock because i had that car and it was quick, but not THAT quick. my friend Kenny Irons (the Bengals draft pick that was inured out of Auburn) had the cls63 and that was a lot faster. he had it at 170mph at one point it it literally felt like 80mph. i couldn't believe it when i happened to look down at the speedo.

anyway, in that car he has an extra $50k in it between car cost and mods to even keep up.

Gotham CTS-V
08-14-09, 01:32 PM
If the CLS55 is faster than the SL63 and M6, he is stage I. Many of them have pulley swaps and ecu tunes just like our cars. It easily adds 60hp+ to their cars. Stock vs stock, the CTS-V has the advantage.

My good friend has one. He has actually broken into the 11's with it bone stock. But the night I was at the track with him, he couldn't go any faster than a 12.5 and his traps were 110-112.

Luna.
08-14-09, 02:50 PM

Yeah, the 55-series of the AMGs can be pretty scary. While the rwhp/rwtq numbers don't blow you out of the water, those cars run REALLY FAST 1/4 mile times and it's VERY easy to eek more power out of those. I don't know what it is about those cars---I guess they launch really well or something...

The 63 series lost the supercharger, which killed the low-end torque, but they still turn awfully nice 1/4 mile times though...

haterinc
08-14-09, 03:08 PM
on drag radials maybe lol... 12.5 is pretty consistent and even down to 12.3's but high 11's?... i'm not buying it unless he has a CAI that reaches to the North Pole lol

My good friend has one. He has actually broken into the 11's with it bone stock. But the night I was at the track with him, he couldn't go any faster than a 12.5 and his traps were 110-112.

TAGZO
08-14-09, 05:42 PM
hi all

i raced him 3 times from rolling won 1 by big margin lose 1 by big margin :confused: and drow on the last one ( from 80-250 )

I dont know how CLS55 AMG is fast as my car my car is doing from 0-210 in 13.3 second where the normal CLS55 or even CLS63 cant reach 200 before 14 second

Im thinking the only way for this car to be as fast as CTS-V is just by modd !!!

any way this CLS55 much faster than SL63 and M6 as the driver told me and he said my car was the best car he raced

That guy is laying!! you can say KEEMAN upgrade! I bet on it! i had a CLS55 it is very nice, but it can not match any V. BUT, with the KLEEMAN packages (4 stages) it is another story!

FORGED COLLECTION
08-14-09, 06:49 PM
Check out the cls63 here almost popping a wheelie...They don't play - I have a stock cls55, if anyone in Miami wants to bring a V by we'll video tape some action. I've never driven a V so I can't say who would win, but I would assume the V.

It's after the Porsche

http://www.vimeo.com/914167

Caroutisine
08-14-09, 07:43 PM
unless he has a CAI that reaches to the North Pole lol I like that. :)

Luna.
08-14-09, 09:34 PM
Check out the cls63 here almost popping a wheelie...They don't play - I have a stock cls55, if anyone in Miami wants to bring a V by we'll video tape some action. I've never driven a V so I can't say who would win, but I would assume the V.

It's after the Porsche

Totally agree. AMGs are no joke; they haul a$$

Strange, however, in that when I visit the forum, they don't seem as dyno happy as many of us here are. I mean, AT ALL. Perhaps I'm missing something though... :hmm:

If not, then I'm really baffled. Dynoing a car is one of the most important things you can possibly do when adding modifications. How else are you to even remotely calculate how much the modifications are adding, to say nothing about dialing it in??

aceofblitz
08-14-09, 10:27 PM
Luna.
Back when i had my chrysler modified, i didn't even see it for an entire week. just took it turned it on and drove off.. didn't see any dyno numbers whatsoever. Most of my friends are mercedes guys, hell my cousins own the mercedes dealership around here.. they just go by the stages and don't "dyno" the car since they take whats written in the MKB or Kleemann brochures for granted. Then they go race an M5 which they raced before the mods to see the difference. Dynos are for the technicians who are modifying your car for you and tuning it accordingly, Drag racing is when the owner see's the additional gains.

haterinc
08-14-09, 10:34 PM
that's like your gf getting a nice new set of fake tits and not even getting them out to look at them lol

aceofblitz
08-14-09, 10:47 PM
Why look at them when you can play and test drive :P
I'd personally rather WOT than stress myself comparing my numbers to someone who is living in MUCH better weather conditions than I do.
If i dynoed my car right now i'd be surprised if I hit 450 rwhp. its very humid and it can hit 110F without a problem, and the next guy is doing 480 rwhp and he's living at sea level with no humidity and the weather is a cool 60F.

SLPR 6.0L
08-14-09, 11:48 PM
the 55 class AMGs are wickedly fast. Relatively cheap speed too. One of the guys that delevers Pepsi or Coke products to local retailers just traded in his 10 + year old GS 400 for an E55 AMG. I am either going E class AMG or V2 in the next year or two

FORGED COLLECTION
08-15-09, 09:55 AM
That white one did 440 at the wheels on intake and exhaust, 580 on bottle...But some 55's are over 600 with work done.

CIWS
08-15-09, 10:33 AM
He had different rear wheels than the fronts. Did he swap out the rears for the track and put slicks on ?

wfo
08-15-09, 10:35 AM
Yadda, yadda...the V holds the Ring record right out of the box. These M cars ain't go anything over our V's except price tags. Our V's got style, uniquness and American musclecar iconic status...they're Cadu's man,, it's a Caddie.

J@WB
08-15-09, 10:59 AM
He had different rear wheels than the fronts. Did he swap out the rears for the track and put slicks on ?

Yes sir.. the CLS63 did have CLS500 stocks on Nitto Drag Radials..

Luna.
08-15-09, 03:03 PM
Why look at them when you can play and test drive :P
I'd personally rather WOT than stress myself comparing my numbers to someone who is living in MUCH better weather conditions than I do.
If i dynoed my car right now i'd be surprised if I hit 450 rwhp. its very humid and it can hit 110F without a problem, and the next guy is doing 480 rwhp and he's living at sea level with no humidity and the weather is a cool 60F.

I think you're illustrating the point about not comparing dyno numbers to different dyno numbers across the U.S.

What I would say, however, is that your car dynoed both before and after modifications is a very valuable tool. Taking someone's word for it is a very risky proposition. I recall a very long and controversial thread on the E55 forums about a guy who believes he got hosed when he went to the Stage III Kleeman package for big bucks. The end result was NOWHERE near advertised/expected. But without a baseline run, he had no idea of what the Kleeman package delivered.

ALQ
08-15-09, 03:07 PM
i raced an e55 a while back, with air filters, decatted, and im not sure if it was tuned or not, he'd jump me 1 car length up to 120mph and then i pull hard...

i just installed a hennessey cold air intake, and corsa mufflers, and my god!!! the difference in low end torque is crazy!!!!! i need mercs for lunch! and beemers for dinner!... one funny thing tho, i scared of a c6 z06 tonight, i think it was because of the blower whine! :P

cts-v2009
08-15-09, 04:45 PM
Very bad ... we put the tow cars on test again and it seem the cls 55 is modded for sure

look at the you tube clips

i just cant stand that !! ... i havent slept last two days of this night mare

this is first clip

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=On2cjq5eQQ0

the second will be added in 1 hr

cts-v2009
08-15-09, 06:02 PM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eYGtfKHp6pQ

liqidvenom
08-16-09, 02:14 PM
Totally agree. AMGs are no joke; they haul a$$

Strange, however, in that when I visit the forum, they don't seem as dyno happy as many of us here are. I mean, AT ALL. Perhaps I'm missing something though... :hmm:

If not, then I'm really baffled. Dynoing a car is one of the most important things you can possibly do when adding modifications. How else are you to even remotely calculate how much the modifications are adding, to say nothing about dialing it in??

dynos seem to be big with people who don't do any actual drag racing.... many of those amg guys just go out to a track and try to hit x et and x mph and if they cant they go dyno to see whats wrong.

if you go look at any race happy set of people they use drag strips as the true measure of how powerful a car is since dynos dont mean anything when compared to another dyno

Luna.
08-16-09, 03:55 PM
dynos seem to be big with people who don't do any actual drag racing.... many of those amg guys just go out to a track and try to hit x et and x mph and if they cant they go dyno to see whats wrong.

if you go look at any race happy set of people they use drag strips as the true measure of how powerful a car is since dynos dont mean anything when compared to another dyno

:hmm:

You could say the exact same thing about various tracks across the U.S. as well. As a matter of fact, it probably has more variable for that matter...

I would find it strange if the majority of people compare different dynos to different dynos. The true value of a dyno is to measure gains achieved, not total HP/TQ, to say nothing about adjusting timing and A/F ratios...

Caroutisine
08-16-09, 07:03 PM
OK, I'll be the first to call this one out. If that was your V, you got killed. As fast as the king, I don't think so. That was a wooping. That's not right.

aceofblitz
08-17-09, 10:21 AM
I doubt theres a single stock car of that type in the UAE.
GET TO THE MODDING

Gotham CTS-V
08-17-09, 10:46 AM
You need to mod to keep up brother.

Most AMG's with the outdated V8 Kompressor motor that are in the racing scene are modded. You just have to keep up and do a pulley swap, CAI, and tune to stay on top of the game. Our cars are fast, no doubt, but anything modded vs stock is risky territory.

FORGED COLLECTION
08-17-09, 04:53 PM
That's actually a 63 in the video, look at the side badge. If so it's probably stock because there's not much you can do to a 63 other than NOS and exhaust - little upgrades, but it's an NA motor so you know how that goes...
And if it was on bottle it would be gone alot quicker. Don't underestimate those cars, they're wicked fast.

cts-v2009
08-18-09, 12:51 AM
That's actually a 63 in the video, look at the side badge. If so it's probably stock because there's not much you can do to a 63 other than NOS and exhaust - little upgrades, but it's an NA motor so you know how that goes...
And if it was on bottle it would be gone alot quicker. Don't underestimate those cars, they're wicked fast.

This car was 55 not 63 .... anyway cls55 is faster than 63 and CTS-V faster than both them ...

Last night i did little test for my CTS-V against CLS63 ... and i killed him by 6 car length .. the clip will be posted soon ...

STOCK against STOCK ... CTS-V faster by big margin ...

Tony407
08-18-09, 01:24 AM
hi all

No offense, because I don't know you, but have you considered the other driver was just better than you?

Tony

Luna.
08-18-09, 02:49 AM
This car was 55 not 63 .... anyway cls55 is faster than 63 and CTS-V faster than both them ...

Last night i did little test for my CTS-V against CLS63 ... and i killed him by 6 car length .. the clip will be posted soon ...

STOCK against STOCK ... CTS-V faster by big margin ...

I be careful with that comment insofar as that's related to the 1/4 mile. They'll turn low 12s stock and a stock CTS-V isn't going to be that much faster than that...

cts-v2009
08-18-09, 03:50 AM
I be careful with that comment insofar as that's related to the 1/4 mile. They'll turn low 12s stock and a stock CTS-V isn't going to be that much faster than that...

Nop it is faster ... the cts-v able to do 0-200 (around 13 second )

where as CLS55amg or 63 cannot achieved anything better than 15 second !!!

My car is totaly stock !!! and im not that good driver .. at the end of the day

556 hp will kill any stock 4 door sedean ... except the new porsche pan

cts-v2009
08-18-09, 03:53 AM
No offense, because I don't know you, but have you considered the other driver was just better than you?

Tony

maybe .. but im just using automatic + sport mode + sport susp + and hitting the petrol as strong as i can !!!!:tisk:

SlvrBullIT
08-18-09, 05:31 AM
+ hit TC button 2 times

Razorecko
08-18-09, 10:16 AM
I ran a cls55 on the highway and kept up with him the whole time w/out even having to downshift from 4th gear...

Gotham CTS-V
08-18-09, 12:04 PM
Again, stock vs stock, the CTS-V has the advantage over an E55 and E63. The E's are faster than the CLS by a little bit, so that makes the advantage even stronger.

A modded E55 or CLS55 should be a little faster than a stock CTS-V (of course, this is depending on level of modification, but lets say stage 1).

A CTS-V stage 1 vs E55 stage 1 would be a good race, but I put the CTS-V in the lead.

An S600 or S65 would be a tough challenge for a CTS-V though. I would like to see my car vs an S65.

BTW, there is an E55 Kleeman Stage 3 in my area that wants to run me. When I do, I will post videos.

Luna.
08-18-09, 03:23 PM
Nop it is faster ... the cts-v able to do 0-200 (around 13 second )

where as CLS55amg or 63 cannot achieved anything better than 15 second !!!

My car is totaly stock !!! and im not that good driver .. at the end of the day

556 hp will kill any stock 4 door sedean ... except the new porsche pan

Well, I was specifically referring to the 1/4 mile. In the 1/4, they'll often turn low 12s. '09 CTS-Vs aren't going to be that much faster than that. It just is what it is.

BTW, there is an E55 Kleeman Stage 3 in my area that wants to run me. When I do, I will post videos.

Be careful. :)

Stage III Kleeman's aren't dogs at all. I can't recall all that they do, but it's a VERY serious upgrade for those cars. Even with the 9.5" crank-pulley, that's not going to be an easy race. Good luck! :thumbsup:

Gotham CTS-V
08-18-09, 04:33 PM
Stage III Kleeman's aren't dogs at all. I can't recall all that they do, but it's a VERY serious upgrade for those cars. Even with the 9.5" crank-pulley, that's not going to be an easy race. Good luck! :thumbsup:

Believe me man, I know! This ain't for money, otherwise I'd be :hide: lol

cts-v2009
08-21-09, 08:04 PM
CLS55AMG in video was modded and it has : ECU + Remvoing filters + headers + more little things

i did little test for my car against ZO6 and lost by 3 to 4 car length ... was good to see how fast is my V2

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dvXF5ZpSZbc

qgoat
08-21-09, 09:27 PM

You said what I was thinking. The way that guy pulled suddenly on top end makes me think he has a NOS bottle hidden somewhere.

Hondarrr
08-22-09, 05:03 AM

It's after the Porsche

Hi How are you? I go to Miami almost every other week from Orlando, next time I go I will take my factory stock 09 V so we can video tape them in acction, my best time on the 1/4 mile track was 12.32@ 115 mph in Orlando speed way,i want to go to morroso in west palm to see if I do better, the track here has no traction at all...

SRT8/BMW
08-22-09, 06:17 AM
the 55 and 63 are fast--no doubt. But stock for stock--v is faster and I will put money in it.

My my highly modded 335 can't stay with my V. It hangs, but not for the up top.

In this vid, a 335 with the same mods as mine is racing a modded 63 amg.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1UyiiuZshxc

another_lap
09-18-09, 10:56 PM
I traded my CL65 AMG two months ago for the V. That the 6.0 liter V12 twin turbo. Aside from the quality of interior materials, the V is a superior driving experience in everyway. I have had 3 BMWs (last was the M5) and 6 Mercedes (most AMGs) and this V is the best driving experience of them all. My recommendation is save your money (I lost a LOT on selling the $185k CL65) and enjoy the V!

Razorecko
09-19-09, 01:00 AM
I traded my CL65 AMG two months ago for the V. That the 6.0 liter V12 twin turbo. Aside from the quality of interior materials, the V is a superior driving experience in everyway. I have had 3 BMWs (last was the M5) and 6 Mercedes (most AMGs) and this V is the best driving experience of them all. My recommendation is save your money (I lost a LOT on selling the $185k CL65) and enjoy the V!

sounds like you got the V in stickshift :thumbsup:

jedhead
09-19-09, 01:08 AM
I spent 4 months car shopping over the summer. I test drove a few E55 AMG's. They are wicked fast especially over 80mph. I had one for a day and night and the power is addicting. I puched on deserted part of the freeway from 80 and the car just took off. I was passing 140 and the car still was accelerating very hard. Two things the E55 AMG has going for it. The car is aerodynamicly slippery .27 CD and the engine is a torque monster with 517ft-lbs of torque for 3000rpm range. What I could not stand about the car was the braking system. The braking system is electro-hydrolic and the best way to describe the feel is it felt like a touchy air brakes. I just liked the STS-V better although the STS-V is not as fast.

Bob

AlexTaylor
05-23-13, 08:16 PM
I had an E55 and heavily modded it, see here for how fast it was: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wffK2MQWylo

I've since sold it and am looking at a V now by the E55 motors are/were no joke! I think the 5 speed tranny helps as well vs. the V's 6 speed? Perhaps lower gearing makes them faster in the 0-100 MPH range? (Not sure, just a guess.)

Alex