: All users happy with w4me tune and cai chime in. im gonna pull the trigger tomorrow.

aburd
08-13-09, 10:09 PM
nt

ab

Nutz
08-13-09, 10:13 PM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=u6ALySsPXt0

aburd
08-13-09, 10:27 PM
hahahhah sooo funny

wait4me
08-14-09, 10:02 AM
Ab, Just drive over here this weekend and i can let you test out the before and after...

musclesbmf
08-14-09, 10:06 AM
Can't beat that deal...
Love the tune here. On a stock car I feel the metal tube between the airbox and the TB is best option with bottom of box cut open. But if you are going to Jesse's and he can position the MAF sensor for you and make sure the car is running right, I say get the entire intake kit.

Just my $.02

Mark

SILVER-V
08-14-09, 11:22 AM
Can't beat that deal...
Love the tune here. On a stock car I feel the metal tube between the airbox and the TB is best option with bottom of box cut open. But if you are going to Jesse's and he can position the MAF sensor for you and make sure the car is running right, I say get the entire intake kit.

Just my $.02

Mark

how much gains are there with the TB??

Gotham CTS-V
08-14-09, 12:49 PM
See my sig. Happy customer.

aburd
08-14-09, 07:13 PM
tried to pull trigger but as ive heard w4me is a hard man to get a hold of.

ab

uncletoad
08-15-09, 08:09 PM
I am not happy.
My second ecu tune, car would not start of first, dynoed with 5 more horsepower and more than 30 lbs less torque.
Wait4me said it is dyno slippage issue, but the car does not feel as fast as stock- same dyno same conditions.
I deal with he said she said for a living so I am going to chauk this up to a bad $300 dollar gamble.
Car is a manual.

aburd
08-15-09, 08:20 PM
Wow did u reload it to stock tune then. And did the transmission tune help?

uncletoad
08-15-09, 08:33 PM
I did put the OE ECU back in. I have a manual, so no transmission tune.
Regret if I did not make that clear in the first post.

aburd
08-15-09, 08:43 PM
So did u buy the handheld programmer or replacement ecu?

uncletoad
08-15-09, 08:56 PM
Replacement ECU.
I like the idea of having two ECUs

aburd
08-15-09, 08:58 PM
Ya me too. But i like the trans tune. Any other mods ?

Everlast13
08-15-09, 09:02 PM
I have both tunes for my vehicle(auto) Notice a huge difference from stock, along with the CAI and exhaust.
Shawn

uncletoad
08-15-09, 09:06 PM
Ya me too. But i like the trans tune. Any other mods ?

No other tunes.
I know some one who has and loves this wait4me tune- an auto.
My experience was not as good. Too bad, because I would really like the extra edge:annoyed::ill:

aburd
08-15-09, 09:08 PM
Thanks Shawn. Are u using max performance tune?

aburd
08-15-09, 09:09 PM
Im thinking of ordering tune and modding my stock air box

Everlast13
08-15-09, 09:23 PM
I am using the max tune, the shifts are perfect. If I was closer I would love to take my vehicle to Jesse to further mod it. Eventually I plan on getting some serious work done to it.

aburd
08-15-09, 10:09 PM
Auto

aburd
08-15-09, 11:02 PM
Cai from w4me?

Everlast13
08-16-09, 07:20 AM
Yes, the CAI is from wait4me.

wait4me
08-18-09, 01:09 PM
Sorry i was not in on saturday and sunday. I was working on a customers V adding stuff to it all weekend. Im back now and you can call me anytime at the shop. Im here till 8pm tonight.

aburd
08-18-09, 01:52 PM
No problem. I understand how busy u are. Will try to call again

ab

musclesbmf
08-18-09, 02:18 PM
W4M, did you install a cam in a V2 this weekend (among other things)? If so, can we here about the tuning results? I know one member was trying to get with you this weekend.

Also, do you have any recommended installers in the Tampa, FL area? The price for your cam and install is ridiculously good and would love to get that around here.

Thanks,
Mark

wait4me
08-18-09, 02:35 PM
Didnt do the cam this weekend. It will probably be later in the spring for this car. Lack of time and i didn't have the cam in stock that i wanted to use for it.

As for parts put on,
partial exhaust, 9.5 pulley, ported intake plenum, full 4inch intake, ported throttle body, ect.......

Boost was 13.4-13.78 lbs here with the 9.5 and his mods.

As for dyno, i couldn't get the wheels to not break loose on the dyno so i just gave up after 6 pulls. Right at 390 rwhp at 3200rpm it would lose traction and the mph of the dyno drum started to slow showing massive slip. Torque was 540rwft "3200 rpm" when this was happening. I tried putting people in the back seat to help, but it just went a little higher rpm before slipping... it was 99.8 to 105 degrees in the dyno room and the dyno roller wheel just kept getting sweaty "100pct humidity and rainy also". It was on track to show 560rwhp like the other cars that come here with the same mods, but it just kept breaking loose at that torque point. Even on the highest one of 6 it only showed 531 horse power. Low due to the slipping.

kck
08-18-09, 10:39 PM
Guys:

Jesse worked on my auto V over the weekend. We had talked about doing one of his cam upgrades, but he couldn’t get the cam in time, given that I gave him such short notice. But my V is now running so strong, I doubt that I will do the cam upgrade. Jesse installed an extra lightweight 9.5 crank pulley upgrade, TB upgrade, isolator coupler replacement (mine was definitely showing wear at 1500 miles, despite an apparent design change in my late-model-year V), his 3-inch exhaust hooked up to my stock mufflers (I’ll probably upgrade these to the new “Sport” version of the Corsa mufflers that have been released since the “Tour” version was made available for the V some time ago), huge heat exchanger, 160 thermostat, full CAI, and Jesse’s tunes.

He installed his “conservative” tranny tune. Once I get some more mileage on my V, I’m sure I’ll enable the “max performance” tune. (But with all the extra horsepower and torque, I’m a little worried about breaking something, if I enable a more aggressive transmission response.)

Lingenfelter could not put us on their dyno until after I had to leave to go back home. So we used another dyno that the owner apparently did not have set up properly. Even with Jesse’s wife and me sitting in the back seat, and a number of sacks of sand in the trunk, we could not keep the rear wheels from spinning on the dyno. Then it was raining when we got back to Jesse’s house, so that we had to try to run diagnostics on his computer screen while spinning the V’s wheels in the rain. It seemed like the gods were aligned against us!

My return leg home was a thrill. The weather went from 90 plus degrees and extreme humidity at Jesse’s place during the day to 60 degrees with some cool moisture at night. I was cruising at 75 mph on 80 West, and “sling-shotting” trucks traveling at 70 or so. I gave them plenty of warning with turn signals flashing as I moved to pass them. But I’m guessing that the blower kicking in probably scared them a bit. And I doubt that they have ever seen a car that could accelerate so rapidly around them. Given that I was driving overnight for over 10 hours (8 PM to 6:30 AM) to get back home in time for appointments, making the blower whine and scaring myself with the new power was the only thing keeping me awake (that and a lot of coffee). Obviously, I had little companionship except the trucks that travel at such late-night hours.

I also tried a few acceleration runs via freeway on-ramps, but I still need to learn how to handle the traction problems that all the power in the lowest gears can create.

I’ll try to give a fuller report on my “really excellent adventure” at Jesse’s place for 3 days (e.g., he loaned me his modded Viper so I would have wheels while he was working on my V) in a week or so when I have more time. I plan on heading back to his shop in the spring for some other cool things he has in the wings.

Bottom-line: If you want your V done right, you should drive very fast to his shop… and you will drive even faster, when you return home!

Kyle

nradcad
08-19-09, 01:22 AM
No other tunes.
I know some one who has and loves this wait4me tune- an auto.
My experience was not as good. Too bad, because I would really like the extra edge:annoyed::ill:

what was not good about it?

musclesbmf
08-21-09, 10:32 AM
Awesome write up kck.
Great work Jesse!!

neuronbob
08-21-09, 11:06 AM
Thans, kck. I'm still strongly interested in the w4me tune but am waiting for the bugs to be worked out. That will most likely be my third and last mod for this car, the previous two being the DVD bypass and the Corsa axleback. As my daily driver, I need maximum reliability.

musclesbmf
08-21-09, 12:06 PM
Thans, kck. I'm still strongly interested in the w4me tune but am waiting for the bugs to be worked out. That will most likely be my third and last mod for this car, the previous two being the DVD bypass and the Corsa axleback. As my daily driver, I need maximum reliability.

Bugs? What bugs?
I've had the handheld for many months and it is night and day difference. Especially if you have the auto. The reprogrammed TCM is amazing to say the least.

Mark

neuronbob
08-21-09, 12:37 PM
^^^^^
Pulling fuses, AF ratio issues for a few posters...I just want plug, dyno/tweak, and play :) .

I'm actually 1/2 inclined to just make the 4-hour drive to Warsaw to have w4m himself dyno my car with the tunes in place, since he's done a bunch of Vs.

neuronbob
08-21-09, 12:51 PM
Of course, then I think about Short-Throw and his comments. That's why I keep going back and forth with the issue of modding this particular car. I'm just a big ol' chicken and I keep thinking that maybe just keeping the tranny in Sport Mode is enough.