: Please welcome me to the "V" club!

xlr0adster
08-13-09, 07:11 PM
Hello all,

Two days ago I took home an XLR-V. Though not new, it still gave me that "kid inside me" feeling you get when taking something home.

I put in a thread in the CTS forum contemplating a trade from my CTS to the XLR. But the gods above persuaded me to keep both. I remember falling in love with the car when I saw the original XLR in car magazines, circa 2003.

I can't believe how rare the car is where I live. I've lived in Upstate NY for a year now and I have only seen three XLRs, no V's. Now I'm the proud owner of a V and there are kids who have taken pictures with their cameraphones when they see it. I guess it is truly a sight to see!

I specifically requested the dealer not to have his guys detail the car prior to me picking it up, thank god they didn't install a front plate on the car, though it is required in this state!

Needless to say, I need to give this car a good detail. I have used NXT on my other cars, but do you guys recommend anything else?

Thanks in advance and I hope to be a part of future GTG's!

Tony

harrower
08-13-09, 10:23 PM
Welcome to a great forum. The XLR's classic style and lines will never get old. NXT - Rejex - Zano are all polymers that protect well and easy to apply. Front plates should be placed in the trunk.

Dr. Design
08-14-09, 12:48 PM
Congrats and welcome! Great car. What color did you get?

Thanks,

Dr. Design