: sts v ebony/tango red interior

RicktheRealtor
08-13-09, 04:30 PM
I have an opportunity to buy a low mileage 2008 STS V for a good price, but it comes with the tango red interior trim. It's gotta go! Anyone ever hear of anybody doing a replacement of thoses sections of the interior?

WillySTS
08-13-09, 05:28 PM
I have an opportunity to buy a low mileage 2008 STS V for a good price, but it comes with the tango red interior trim. It's gotta go! Anyone ever hear of anybody doing a replacement of thoses sections of the interior?

Some of us would think you are sick...I wished I had a car with that interior! I would have bout another Black car(would have made my 8th one) to get that.

CIWS
08-13-09, 06:54 PM
It's probably possible to do so, but I wouldn't consider it due to the cost. You'd be better off just waiting for another STS-V deal to come along that's Black on Black if that's what you're looking for. There's certainly more of the BonB than RonB.

leija_01
08-13-09, 10:51 PM
dude i'll trade you! haha

The Tony Show
08-13-09, 11:00 PM
Tango Red is the interior of the Gods. Thank your lucky stars and buy it. :D

Florian
08-14-09, 01:01 AM
Tango red is the shiznit...buy it! NOW!

F

leija_01
08-14-09, 02:21 AM
i'll give you my firstborn and my V for it....

LITTLEELVISDAN
08-14-09, 08:29 AM
Mine is ebony tengo red and its bad ass.. I get ALOT of comments on how good it looks. Most say its so unusual for a factory interior they can't believe it. People pay good money to have a solid ebony interior modified to have some contrasting color.. Yours comes already tricked out.

I have 2 boys 8 and 12... 60k and seats still look new..

Florian
08-14-09, 11:05 AM
PIX, PIX, PIX~!!!!!!

I love Tango Red.....pix please.

F

55cadillacking
08-14-09, 11:44 AM
I was skeptical about the Tango Red when I first visited the idea of buying the STS-V. My wife was VERY skeptical but we were told by the salesman that it wasn't nearly as bright as the pictures portrayed (we bought it in Ohio - we live in Canada). In hindsight, I am very happy with the Tango Red. It really gives the car some drama and interest. But, I can see how it's not for everyone. I can see if you are going to be using it to show customers around it may be a little "loud". As far as swapping out the interior, I would think that would be a lot of work when there are plenty of non-Tango Red's out there. I'd recommend exercising some patience and waiting for the right one for you.

~ Rick the Teacher

dhemrick
08-14-09, 12:13 PM
Tango red is the shiznit...buy it! NOW!

F

Agreed, Florian. I LOVE my tango red/ebony interior. Far more unique than the solid color interior. People can't believe it is not a custom job.

Count yourself lucky you found one, but if you don't like it, don't destroy it. Find another car and leave this one in-tact for someone else.

06stsv
08-14-09, 12:16 PM
Is the this a rare for our cars!

flyingv
08-14-09, 12:24 PM
You would have to buy all 4 door panels $$$$, all 3 seat covers $$$$, the lower dash sections $$$$, and the center counsel trim piece $$$$. If gm even sells the parts individually it would probably cost 3-5k + installation. Just find a car without the red if you don't like it.

RicktheRealtor
08-14-09, 12:59 PM
Well, interesting comments. I didn't think that so many people would have thought of it as being so special. Maybe cause they're not that common. I guess I just thought it was too "loud". My current DTS has a neutral shale interior and this ebony/red thing is so totally radical by my standards. Maybe I'm just getting old....

inurok
08-14-09, 01:13 PM
Yep you have the color combo everybody seems to want. My interior is ebony but I added gray headrests to mix it up a little. Matches nice with the gray roof and pillars imho.

55cadillacking
08-14-09, 01:30 PM
It's not that you are getting old! It's that you are getting BORING! My 65-year-old dad offers to buy my car everytime he sees it. He LOVES the Tango madness!

It is the one thing about my V that I have got the most comments on. All positive comments!

WillySTS
08-14-09, 05:10 PM
It's not that you are getting old! It's that you are getting BORING! My 65-year-old dad offers to buy my car everytime he sees it. He LOVES the Tango madness!

It is the one thing about my V that I have got the most comments on. All positive comments!

Agreed...:yup:

CIWS
08-15-09, 11:21 AM
I guess I just thought it was too "loud". My current DTS has a neutral shale interior and this ebony/red thing is so totally radical by my standards. Maybe I'm just getting old....

It just a matter of taste. I personally didn't care for it as the first one I looked at was in Tango Red, not that there's anything wrong with having it. Hey if nothing else it helps hide the blood stains.

:killer:

;)

inurok
08-15-09, 02:39 PM
When searching for my car the local dealer said for a fee they could have the black interior dyed red in areas if I wanted lol.