: Need Help

KCCadiowner2
08-13-09, 12:13 PM
I have an 03 6.0 V8 that is now idling funny. I had it serviced last Friday and then left for the lake ( about 3 hours drive) parked it overnight. I realized the next morning that the passenger seat controls were stuck on after the passenger got out of the vehicle the night before and caused the battery to become too low to start the truck. Immediatley as the jumper cables touched the battery the alarm went off, and my escalade started without the other vehicle even running. Ever since the Idle is not right.. My Cadi runs fine otherwise, but it wont idle steady. Anyone with suggestions?

smelly$cat
08-13-09, 12:57 PM
I know you just had a bunch of battery related stuff happen, but, I just fixed my idle issue by cleaning my throttle body. I bought some throttle body cleaner from the auto parts store and used an old tooth brush. Solved my issue like night and day.

Funny thing was I hadn't noticed any issue until the day that I picked up my ESV from the local audio shop where they installed a new DVD player. I thought they had f-ed up my truck and was quick pissed. But, it was just a coincidence in the end.

My truck idled rough and would even die when turning in reverse. That night I cleaned the throttle body and it was smooth as glass again.

5 bucks.

KCCadiowner2
08-13-09, 01:48 PM
Glad to hear that, as I just talked to an ASE Certified Mechanic and he told me the same thing.... I appreciate the reply!

smelly$cat
08-13-09, 06:49 PM
Good luck and report back if you can! Let me know if you have any questions about the procedure.

Glad to hear that, as I just talked to an ASE Certified Mechanic and he told me the same thing.... I appreciate the reply!

oldworld
08-15-09, 09:31 PM
can you please provide procedure to clean throttle body??
THANKS