: Car Covers

07-25-04, 08:00 AM
When I got the V, my 5.0 ragtop got displaced from the garage. The lessen the blow, I bought a Covercraft NOAH (tm) car cover to protect it. Perfect fit.

I liked it so much I decided to buy one for the V, mainly as an inside the garage dust cover but also as a scratch protector (kids bikes, etc.). So I ordered one from Webcovers.com; they had a separate choice for the V-series sedan vs. the regular CTS.

When I put it on, though, it seemed that the nose was a bit short which results in it pulling very tight on the mirrors and the air dam. I initially thought that the cover might have been cut or sewn wrong (and Webcovers is sedning me a new one) but now I think that covercraft is selling the same CTS cover for the CTS-V; the more aggressive air dam on the V may result in the nose being too tight and therefore the tightness on the mirrors.

Has anybody else bought one of these covers? Comments?

CAR Motorsports
07-25-04, 03:35 PM
It may help you and the other owners to know that we, CAR Motorpsorts, offer a CTS and CTS-V Car Cover with a Lifetime Warranty that is Custom Embroidered and comes complete with storage bag, cable and lock along with a patented tie down system. All this for only $189.95. You may read more details on the CAR Motorsports Custom Embroidered Car Covers at the link below:

http://www.carmotorsports.com/car_covers.htm

Thanks, Rich

BUILDINGCTSAMG
07-25-04, 06:31 PM
It may help you and the other owners to know that we, CAR Motorpsorts, offer a CTS and CTS-V Car Cover with a Lifetime Warranty that is Custom Embroidered and comes complete with storage bag, cable and lock along with a patented tie down system. All this for only $189.95. You may read more details on the CAR Motorsports Custom Embroidered Car Covers at the link below:

http://www.carmotorsports.com/car_covers.htm

Thanks, Rich
The thing i dont like about these covers is that they dont have the protective covering that other car covers have, im more worried about getting dings from accorns and the like then i am about getting my car wet, i wonder if their is even a reason to get a car cover like that

07-30-04, 03:03 PM
As an update for those who are interested, Covercraft has just now issued a new part number for a CTS-V specific cover. Apparently others have also had problems with the regular CTS cover being too tight on the CTS-V due to the slightly longer nose and air dam.

They are taking the CTS cover back and sending me the new CTS-V cover. Both Covercraft and the vendor, Webcovers.com, have been extremely accomodating and helpful.

Doug