: New V owner.

sikohsix
08-13-09, 03:36 AM
No doubt. BlkRvn/Ebony leath. w/ cashmere accents. Snrf/Nav/PremiumWhls. This thing looks incredible. I'd posted a few days ago trying to gauge out pricing before I squeezed off. I think I did good. Originally I'd ordered the BlkRvn/Eb. combo. Yet b4 the paperwork was completed, a salesman inadvertently bought this combo w/ the cashmere inserts. I fell hard for it right on the spot. Especially since it was optioned otherwise exactly how I wanted. Those light colored seat inserts really make the interior pop. Can't wait to get thru the break-in so I can stand on it hardcore. First thing I wanna do is make visual mods. Anybody blacked out the grill yet, or the chrome strips around the windows? Thats a 1st priority for me. I'll address the performance side of things as I accumulate some gentle miles. I've probably not had the thing north of 2000RPM yet. I look forward to being in here and learning a lot and contributing where possible. Pix to follow.:cloud9:

Gary Wells
08-13-09, 05:52 AM
Congratulations, welcome to the club & forum.

Hawkeye2
08-13-09, 06:47 AM
Congrats, enjoy and use it in the best of health.

neuronbob
08-13-09, 06:49 AM
Welcome to the club.

Look for Razorecko's posts, he blacked out the grille and trim along with a couple of others.

Razorecko
08-13-09, 09:40 AM
Welcome to the club.

Look for Razorecko's posts, he blacked out the grille and trim along with a couple of others.

- Almost there, did the wheels, trim, the grill is still left blank as i'm undecided on what kind of black to go with :D - hopefully by the end of the summer

rp161
08-13-09, 10:20 AM
Welcome and good luck.

thunder gray
08-13-09, 10:32 AM
Your car sounds great, how about some pictures?

zr1vet
08-13-09, 10:36 AM
Welcome. You won't regret buying the V. Auto or manual?

sikohsix
08-14-09, 04:38 AM
Auto V by the way, and no regrets. I've taken some pix, but can any1 help me resize them so I can post?

Mikevette
08-14-09, 01:32 PM
Wlecome to the club "Boys with exspensive toys" White Diamond for me, congrats on the purchase, be safe these V's are beasts!!

Mike :thumbsup:

wfo
08-15-09, 05:52 PM
Sweet car! Congrats on a beautiful car. I was smitten with BMW M cars...still do have a fondness for them, but, this car is so ridiculous in terms of power, handling, interior quality and good looks, Nubering track record holder, track proven and the fact that it spanked the M5 (see the YouTube version; CTS-V vs M5) that it was absolutley too hard to turn away from this American gem.

In short. This ain't your grandparents Cadillac. (Oh, it could be)

Do you need a car like this..probably not. Do you want a car like this? Absolutley!!

Enjoy! I know you will.

RogersV
08-15-09, 06:19 PM
In short. This ain't your grandparents Cadillac. (Oh, it could be)

In my case it is, I just became a grandfather for the first time, I'm 68. Grandma drives it to work. :thumbsup: :D :D

Mikevette
08-17-09, 05:45 PM
I became a grandpa @ 48, I had to sell the 08 Zo6 so I can take my little buddy with in the caddie to ensure he remebers when when we had horse power and cars burned gasoline not run on eletrictiy.

Mike P. :thumbsup:

lavaman
08-18-09, 10:55 AM
Welcome to the world of "V". Hope you enjoy your car as I do mine!

My daughter is getting married september 5th and we are hoping they choose to have kids soon. Perhaps it won't be long till I am a grandpa running the roads in a "V".