: Just got my windows tinted!! Pics

Tk Lac
08-12-09, 10:59 PM
Driver and passenger side 15% and the rest 5%.... Pretty dark and im sure ill get a ticket.

http://i881.photobucket.com/albums/ac13/TkThunder05/DSC00098.jpg
http://i881.photobucket.com/albums/ac13/TkThunder05/DSC00099.jpg
http://i881.photobucket.com/albums/ac13/TkThunder05/DSC00100.jpg
http://i881.photobucket.com/albums/ac13/TkThunder05/DSC00111.jpg

SlickCityStan
08-12-09, 11:24 PM
Looks nice! But I have a question, do you have the factory installed navigation system, and if yes has the tint affected the GPS signal? I ask because the owner's manual warns not to tint windows because it will cause the GPS to malfunction. Thanks for any input.

Tk Lac
08-13-09, 03:21 AM
Yes I do have the factory navigation. I dont use the navi that much but I will let you know tomorrow if it works.

Unique Distributing
08-13-09, 05:24 AM
i dont see why it would effect it? the GPS reciever antenna is on the roof!

Looks good man roll down the windows when u see the coppers!lol :cop: :getaway:

Jeff
:nanaparty:

rnkath08
08-13-09, 07:36 AM
I did the same % to my windows in June...not a problem yet, have passed quite a few sheriffs and state guys, the locals in my town know it's mine and let me be. The funniest part for me, is my teenagers sometimes make odd faces or such to other cars, kids...well, my 15 year old apparently did this in her sister's car, forgetting it's only my car that is a black opaque screen....saw someone picking their nose, she made a face and the guy saw it all. Kind of funny...
A few other tips from my police friends...yes drop windows when possible so the police see you aren't a known offender, drive safely IF stopped at night, pull under a street light and pull back your interior sunroof screen to allow more light into the car and also if stopped immediately drop the driver and rear window so the police person can view inside the whole car. Not so bad in summer......but winter...??
Anyway, looks great!

rnkath08
08-13-09, 07:37 AM
I did the same % to my windows in June...not a problem yet, have passed quite a few sheriffs and state guys, the locals in my town know it's mine and let me be. The funniest part for me, is my teenagers sometimes make odd faces or such to other cars, kids...well, my 15 year old apparently did this in her sister's car, forgetting it's only my car that is a black opaque screen....saw someone picking their nose, she made a face and the guy saw it all. Kind of funny...
A few other tips from my police friends...yes drop windows when possible so the police see you aren't a known offender, drive safely, IF stopped at night, pull under a street light and pull back your interior sunroof screen to allow more light into the car and also if stopped immediately drop the driver and rear window so the police person can view inside the whole car. Not so bad in summer......but winter...??
Anyway, looks great! And my navigation system isn't bothered at all by the tint

DBeaSST
08-13-09, 08:37 AM
Looks good! Gotta get mine done!

I've been told by a couple tint people that using a non-metallic tint will eliminate problems with your GPS.

I see a couple Caprice/Impala's in the background too. ;)

next2pool
08-13-09, 11:04 AM
i dont see why it would effect it? the GPS reciever antenna is on the roof!

Looks good man roll down the windows when u see the coppers!lol :cop: :getaway:

Jeff
:nanaparty:

The GPS antenna is under the center of the dash. The roof antenna is Onstar and XM. The radio antenna is in the rear window grid.

lreddiablo
08-13-09, 04:07 PM
Some window tint affects GPS, my friend got the wrong metallic tint on his Lexus and the GPS was always a block off till he changed the tint

Tk Lac
08-13-09, 09:02 PM
The tint does not effect the navi.

DBeaSST... There are two caprise wagons and a thrid is in the garage. The one has the LT1 motor.. its nice!!

DBeaSST
08-14-09, 07:38 AM
DBeaSST... There are two caprise wagons and a thrid is in the garage. The one has the LT1 motor.. its nice!!

Love those wagons, I have a few myself. :)