: Finally a pic with my VOGUES

bmwnick
08-12-09, 07:50 PM
I finally took a pic with my Vogues and wire baskets. Unfortunately the wires are the wrong offset and they rub my fender skirts so I had to take them off for now. I'm working on either chrome OEM wheels or another set of proper wires.

sven914
08-12-09, 08:29 PM
I think it looks fine without the fender skirts (you can see more of the wires, which are pretty nice IMO).

http://www.cadillacforums.com/forums/attachment.php?attachmentid=51932&d=1250117353

This way people don't have to squint :thumbsup:

Stingroo
08-12-09, 09:32 PM
Honestly? I wouldn't even worry about the skirts. That car looks phenomenal.

I am jealous.

csbuckn
08-12-09, 10:29 PM
Are they one piece or do you put the wires on seperately?

GenrlRodes
08-13-09, 05:03 AM
That is a sweet looking car...

robb257731
08-13-09, 09:35 AM
What a car!

bmwnick
08-13-09, 11:59 AM
I think it looks fine without the fender skirts (you can see more of the wires, which are pretty nice IMO).

http://www.cadillacforums.com/forums/attachment.php?attachmentid=51932&d=1250117353

This way people don't have to squint :thumbsup:

Thanks. The big pic looks much better!

I could NOT do this car withOUT the skirts! It breaks up all of the smooth lines without them aside from the expense of trying to finish the metal under the skirts to look clean.

bmwnick
08-13-09, 12:03 PM
Are they one piece or do you put the wires on seperately?

They are 2 piece with wire baskets. I'm going to sell them as soon as I get another set of chrome wheels with a proper offset. For a car with no skirts they would be GREAT.

bmwnick
08-13-09, 12:09 PM
Honestly? I wouldn't even worry about the skirts. That car looks phenomenal.

I am jealous.

Thanks.

I'm still working on another couple of items beyond the wheels. I had a nice clean Pioneer stereo with remote control installed with Sirius and Ipod hidden the glove box for a stock look. I replaced the rear speakers with 3 way 6X9 Pioneers. I'm hunting for a new driver's side reverse light and I need HID's because the stock headlights suck. I really LOVE this car.

Bro-Ham
08-13-09, 12:20 PM
Nice Car Nick!!! That car is completely FLORIDA! :) Can you show some pictures of how your audio system looks in the dash? Have fun! Dave

Stingroo
08-13-09, 12:28 PM
Hmm... If you find HID's let me know how much they were.

I may be venturing up to Canada with my car over spring break, so it might come in handy. :)

Pics of your radio?

JTraik
08-13-09, 05:32 PM
Looks very nice...

Where did you get the wires from? I have had a hell of time locating any.

bmwnick
08-13-09, 06:01 PM
Looks very nice...

I found these on Ebay for $450 plus shipping but the offset is no good for cars with fender skirts. I have an appointment on Friday with a local custom wheel shop who says that he can get me the right offset wire baskets for my car. I'm going there to get my offset measured. I'll let you know what we come up with.

Cadillacboy
08-13-09, 06:19 PM
That's a brilliant looking car indeed

bmwnick
08-13-09, 06:31 PM
Looks very nice...

I found these on Ebay for $450 plus shipping but the offset is no good for cars with fender skirts. I have an appointment on Friday with a local custom wheel shop who says that he can get me the right offset wire baskets for my car. I'm going there to get my offset measured. I'll let you know what we come up with.

HUF
08-14-09, 02:48 PM
nice!