: My first car and cadillac

rvgrand
08-12-09, 03:48 PM
I've been wanting and needing a car and this forum helped me get the right one. Now all that's left is to show it off to you all and see what you think of it. I, of course, did some mods to it before i posted it. Just to be different :) .

http://i694.photobucket.com/albums/vv303/rvgrand/Photo0068.jpg

http://i694.photobucket.com/albums/vv303/rvgrand/Photo0082.jpg

http://i694.photobucket.com/albums/vv303/rvgrand/Photo0052.jpg

http://i694.photobucket.com/albums/vv303/rvgrand/Photo0077.jpg

This one is probably the best pic i've ever taken of my car. Too bad my grill wasn't painted then.
http://i694.photobucket.com/albums/vv303/rvgrand/Photo0059.jpg

tlac
08-13-09, 12:42 AM
SWEET RIDE! I havn't seen many in that color and your mods look great. Your next upgrade should be a tire upgrade. It looks like you have stock Michelins like me, and they suck!! Looks like you got a corsa setup too?

Unique Distributing
08-13-09, 02:51 AM
not bad .. dont like the front grill but then again we dont have much of a option when it comes to cars with ACC

Tk Lac
08-13-09, 03:29 AM
Must be nice to have a Cadillac as your first ride!!!! Nice car looks really good

Unique Distributing
08-13-09, 05:19 AM
ohh wait thats a ACC grille but theres no ACC lol its a emblem overtop of the ACC spot

ifmracin
08-13-09, 09:24 AM
Yeah, I was confused about the ACC too in the second pic because it didn't have the HID headlights.

I like the color, really don't see many in that.

K STS
08-13-09, 01:08 PM
hate the front grill (not big enough) and the tail lights (look too euroed out clear like that.)

Otherwise, it looks great.

TEXAS PLATES! Love that.

skozzy
08-13-09, 03:10 PM
Dude your car looks good. You like it and thats all the matters!

rvgrand
08-14-09, 11:43 AM
Yup, got the corsa in there, it sounds awesome. As for the grill, the regular E&G grills were WAY too expensive for me so I got the D3 grills. It doesn't look bad imo, it doesn't look great, but its different and better than the stock which I just did not like. The ACC emblem is weird too... so i decided to take of the emblem from the stock and put it on there. As for the wheels, I'll get some 19's or 20's once my money tree grows a bit.

ONLY thing i hate about my first car is that it has the dreaded governer on it... stops me at 108 mph. Other wise i love it :)

rvgrand
08-14-09, 11:56 AM
I forgot to say that it is a V8, debadged it cause I like the clean look in the back.

tlac
08-15-09, 01:06 PM
That grill looks better than stock...that's all that counts. If this is your first car, and it is a nice one, maybe you should keep it under 90. You do realize that getting caught only one time over 100 and you won't be driving a car legally anytime soon. It would be a shame to not have a license to go along with your first car!

inurok
08-15-09, 05:55 PM
Yeah I like the grill too looks different...your car seems to be loaded with options!

rvgrand
08-16-09, 02:47 AM
I surely do keep it under 90 on the road. I'm not gonna risk the pleasure of driving this beast anytime soon. But on the track with some friends, beating them only halfway through irritates me, but i'm still cool with it.

rvgrand
08-16-09, 02:50 AM
The comment about the color, I picked this color because out of all the blacks, grays, and reds, in the sewell line up, this blue was the only one there and it stood out. And I rarely even see this color on the road.

rnkath08
08-18-09, 09:57 PM
I love the color, it's really pretty. I found out quickly that there are way many black ones out on the road here too. Not many with many mods, but still kind of suprizing to me.
Honestly not a fan of the big chunky style emblem on the front grille, but each to his own, I like that we do have a fair amount of choice when we change. I am surprized that you said your grille was less at D3, everything I've looked at there seems to cost 2x as much. Nice stuff, but wow.:thumbsup:
LOVE the tail lights and brake light, want to do them here too, that same money tree has to grow back in my yard first.
Enjoy it!!

K STS
08-18-09, 10:55 PM
http://corsaperf.com/corsaProductDisplay.aspx?id=9&type=1

http://www.egclassicsinc.com/inventory/item.php?itemid=625

Im partial to the red. Corsa and E&G appear to feel that way, too.

polarbear05
08-20-09, 12:59 PM
Yup, got the corsa in there, it sounds awesome. As for the grill, the regular E&G grills were WAY too expensive for me so I got the D3 grills. It doesn't look bad imo, it doesn't look great, but its different and better than the stock which I just did not like. The ACC emblem is weird too... so i decided to take of the emblem from the stock and put it on there. As for the wheels, I'll get some 19's or 20's once my money tree grows a bit.

ONLY thing i hate about my first car is that it has the dreaded governer on it... stops me at 108 mph. Other wise i love it :)

Really 108 my sts tops out at 121 and it's a v6.. I wonder why the difference??

EChas3
08-20-09, 01:47 PM
Really 108 my sts tops out at 121 and it's a v6.. I wonder why the difference??

Tires.

The speed rating of the tires put on at the factory determine the limiter. (I'm interested if my wife's Hertz car was also specially limited.) I've also read that cars without a factory spoiler were subject to a limiter. I think this is unsubstantiated.

MacMuse
08-20-09, 02:04 PM
mumble-grumble, f-ing S-rated factory Michelins grumble-mumble

polarbear05
08-20-09, 02:20 PM
Tires.

The speed rating of the tires put on at the factory determine the limiter. (I'm interested if my wife's Hertz car was also specially limited.) I've also read that cars without a factory spoiler were subject to a limiter. I think this is unsubstantiated.

Well my sts came without the spoiler..

polarbear05
08-20-09, 02:22 PM
Tires.

Well my sts came without the spoiler..But when I do hit 121 it says max speed on the gauge cluster.. And I'm still in 4th gear I still have all of 5th.. U wounder how fast it would go if it wasn't governed..

rvgrand
08-20-09, 04:25 PM
I have found out that without the tc, I can actually reach a top speed of 125 before the governor kicks in. I really wouldn't want to go any faster than that on the stock tires from fear of dying when the wheels blow.

EChas3
08-20-09, 05:43 PM
Well my sts came without the spoiler..But when I do hit 121 it says max speed on the gauge cluster.. And I'm still in 4th gear I still have all of 5th.. U wounder how fast it would go if it wasn't governed..

There is that post from a German friend claiming 187MPH via HUD with 174 via GPS.

V-Eight
08-20-09, 06:14 PM
That's a damn nice car for a first ride......

D&Ds_STS
08-20-09, 06:14 PM
Interesting thread. Let me know how it works out for you! I had an early lesson. Impromptu roll-on drag race with a '66 Chevelle SS396, vs. my '68 390 AMX. I beat the Chevelle, but the Pa. State Patrol got me on RADAR at 40 over. First offense, but aggravated speeding. 3 month suspension, and a big hit on insurance. Be careful out there....

rvgrand
08-21-09, 11:58 AM
Ouch! 3 months?? I don't know if I can handle that. I volunteer for pickup-dropoff chores just so I can drive this car. Its too fun to lose.