: I am curious.

lev
07-24-04, 09:25 PM
In 2Fast 2Furious, Brian O'Conner (or Paul Walker, whichever), while giving Eva Mendez a ride, stared straight at her, rather then the road and kept accelerating. If you saw the movie, you should know what I am talking about.

I am curious, is it actually possible to do withoug crashing? And if so, how?

P.S I am not interested in lectures on how this is stupid or dangerious. I have my own head on my shoulders to figure that out. I also don't want to start another "I hate rice" debate. This is not about whether you like Hondas or not. Just answer my questions.

Ralph
07-24-04, 09:32 PM
In 2Fast 2Furious, Brian O'Conner (or Paul Walker, whichever), while giving Eva Mendez a ride, stared straight at her, rather then the road and kept accelerating. If you saw the movie, you should know what I am talking about.

I am curious, is it actually possible to do withoug crashing? And if so, how?

P.S I am not interested in lectures on how this is stupid or dangerious. I have my own head on my shoulders to figure that out. I also don't want to start another "I hate rice" debate. This is not about whether you like Hondas or not. Just answer my questions.

Special effects? Many times they pull the film car with another vehicle for liability issues, etc, and add the sound effects later. Or, he is a really good driver. :hmm:

Caddy Man
07-24-04, 09:59 PM
Special effects? Many times they pull the film car with another vehicle for liability issues, etc, and add the sound effects later. Or, he is a really good driver. :hmm:
yup they just pull the car, because all those cameras for those talking scenes are attached to the car, or at least attached to the platform the car is being pulled on.

Stoneage_Caddy
07-24-04, 11:35 PM
most of the time a double(unibody shell) of the charcters car is attcahed to a special built extended wheelbase ford van chassis with a serious engine in it , very fast van . the body shell sits on the chassis so the rear wheels of the van fit into the rear wheel wells of the shell

i have pictures of an evo's unibody mounted to the ford van chassis in 2 fastand furious somewhere

days of thunder had a spically built elcamino that was nearly nascar spec for some scenes , word has it it was built by hendrick

davesdeville
07-25-04, 05:24 AM
What about them shifting 10 times when they're just accelerating in a straight line? I really want a 10spd manual now. And the NOS that makes everything blurry and cool looking? I guess it could just be a sick leak in the system.

CoupeDevilleRob
07-25-04, 01:09 PM
I hate that NOS blur effect. What do they think, it's the Millenium Falcon or something? Everything about those movies is rediculous.

The one part I loved was at the end when all the rice cars start ramming the cop cars and that one Caprice with the front smashed in keeps chasing them. Pure American beast power.

Stoneage_Caddy
07-25-04, 01:14 PM
"What about them shifting 10 times when they're just accelerating in a straight line? "

they must be useing a road ranger 10 speed from a semi ....
http://www.roadranger.com/products/trans/trans_auto_10sp.htm

Ralph
07-25-04, 04:35 PM
What about them shifting 10 times when they're just accelerating in a straight line? I really want a 10spd manual now. And the NOS that makes everything blurry and cool looking? I guess it could just be a sick leak in the system.

That's probably just dramatics to get kids to put airplane wings on their dinky cars. Guess what, IT WORKS!

As for making everything blurry and cool looking, well, a little vodka will have the same effect, or a 12 pack of Molson.