: V hood ??/Fit/paint thoughts...

rnkath08
08-11-09, 11:34 AM
Ok, couple of questions.....and before anyone gets riled, no I'm not going for the poser look....I love the lines in the V hood. So, I found one salvage...will it be a straight out swap (easy) on the regular STS...hood mounts same, etc. If so then I only have to pay for paint and a simple install. If it requires more mods I would like to be warned before I buy.
Second, my car is black raven. I was contemplating a different look (another way to be a non-poser perhaps) Anyway, the mustangs have a black on black paint job that has flat black on the car and a shimmery (for lack of a better word) gloss black on the two racing stripes. I was kind of wondering what anyone might think of doing that type of look to the cowel portion of the V hood? Nothing really slam in your face, more like a subtle dress up? Any thoughts (my 13 year old suggested color change paint, um, no thanks)....but any ideas would be welcome. I was thinking solid color on the top of the cowel, perhaps a thin stripe (if possible) along the side of the cowel as well.
Or just stick with the solid black raven????
help! !!!!!

KARL DAHLEN
08-11-09, 01:04 PM
Your over 40 -stick with the black!:D

Unique Distributing
08-11-09, 03:23 PM
what u gonna pay for the hood?

rnkath08
08-11-09, 04:43 PM
let's just say I'll come out ahead of the dealer. Didn't want to pay as much as I did, but if I factor in what I saved on the Corsa system I'm still doing okay.
How about grammar? Syntax? ...geez you're right Karl, I'm old.....:crying2:

KARL DAHLEN
08-11-09, 08:09 PM
let's just say I'll come out ahead of the dealer. Didn't want to pay as much as I did, but if I factor in what I saved on the Corsa system I'm still doing okay.
How about grammar? Syntax? ...geez you're right Karl, I'm old.....:crying2:

Not nearly as old as I am. I still love to drive my STS. Will never go over to a DTS or God forbid - a Town Car.

widmann@hotmail.com
08-11-09, 08:42 PM
Stick with black... Keep in mind, many of us are sporting "want-a-V" grilles.. So, we don't have room to talk.. :) If i could find a cheap V hood i would do the same. It looks bad-ass

STScadillac99
08-13-09, 02:38 AM
heres my 2005 with V-hood and 18inch CTS Sport wheels (i chose the CTS Sport wheels cuz they look like the V wheels somewhat) and V-Grille from E&G.

rnkath08
08-20-09, 02:59 PM
Looks nice, I am trying to find wheels that are chrome with a little black --more as an accent...somehow if they look a little more feminine it might be good for me, but basically I don't want to duplicate the V, still trying to make it feel like/look like MINE as opposed to the v or as opposed to all the others out there.
I changed the grille first, not because of the V, but because I thought the OEM looked like a plastic grille like a modelling kit would have. Yuck, just didn't like it. But that's just me. I really like the way some folks had their OEM grilles painted with chrome trim, another terrific way to change it up and not be the same.