: 2004 Escalade - GM Panasonic Overhead DVD Installation.

Meggo
08-11-09, 11:27 AM
I just purchased a factory overhead Panasonic DVD player, This unit apparently came out of a 2004 Tahoe. Does the 2004 Escalade come with the wiring already to integrate the dvd with the car speakers? I only have the overhead unit, no cables or anything. Do I need any additional cables/harnesses or is that already in the vehicle somewhere? I will appreciate any input. Also do the wires come up to the overhead from the driver or the passenger side ?? Thanks! :yup:

oldworld
08-11-09, 09:12 PM
I was going to buy a similar unit for my escalde as well off e-bay. Before I bid, I called caddy and they told me that THERE ARE NO wiring harnasses in the ceiling liner. If the Screen was not originally installed, they said you cannot do a simple install, which is what I was expecting.

Instead, I purchased two head rest DVD's exact color and caddy logo, and I installed them myself from start to finish in less than three hours.
I can give you that info as to where to purchase/ $600 shipped for both, with two DVD's

Izzy
08-11-09, 09:21 PM
Meggo, what you want to do can be done. I did exactly what you are trying to do but it is not easy and needs alot of custom work. If you want to send me your contact phone number I can explain the way I did it, too much detail for me to type.

FLCADDY
08-11-09, 10:04 PM
I was going to buy a similar unit for my escalde as well off e-bay. Before I bid, I called caddy and they told me that THERE ARE NO wiring harnasses in the ceiling liner. If the Screen was not originally installed, they said you cannot do a simple install, which is what I was expecting.

Instead, I purchased two head rest DVD's exact color and caddy logo, and I installed them myself from start to finish in less than three hours.
I can give you that info as to where to purchase/ $600 shipped for both, with two DVD's

I can't PM yet. Could you send me the info? What brand are they? Thanks

cozmo
08-18-09, 04:00 PM
I'd like to know too. I'd much rather have some headrest screens than a giant thing blocking my rear view mirror.

fst96se
09-21-09, 10:59 PM
Did anybody get any info on the headrest setup discussed here? I used to have the Invision headrest setup in my Denali, but my new 05 Escalade could sure use a set!

Could you point me in the right direction?

Thanks!

Shawn

McLovin
02-22-10, 01:55 AM
I can't pm. Any info on a recommended place to buy these would be appreciated.

TemplarAZ
01-22-11, 03:15 AM
Im new and don't have the ability to PM this person. I purchased an 04 Escalade today and would love to find a set of good quality head rest DVD's for my kids. Any help/info is appreciated :)

-Mark

1akoEscalade
03-10-12, 10:37 PM
Where did you get the headrest DVD with Cadillac logo?