: Cadillac Certified Preowned and Tires

nlharter
08-10-09, 11:10 AM
Hello All,
I was curious if anyone could clear an issue up for me. I bought a Certified Preowned STS-V, and after owning the car for a month, I noticed the dealer had replaced the front tires with some General brand tire, not the runflats. A different dealer I had spoke to told me they had to put the runflats back on the cars to get the Certified rating. Does anyone know if this is true? I have contacted the dealer and Cadillac about my concern, but thought I would check with all of you. I know this is my fault for not checking the front tires like I did the back. :banghead:
Thanks

CIWS
08-10-09, 12:20 PM
I do not believe the Certified program requires the dealer to restore runflats on the car, only a tire that has a certain tread depth / condition requirement. I say this based on when I traded in my CTS-V, it had an almost brand new set of non run flat tires on it, and the car was resold as a Certified model.

nlharter
08-10-09, 12:39 PM
Thanks for the information. My salesman is speaking to his manager about the situation. I have my doubts, since they are 4 hours away and I will most likely not be a repeat customer, unless they do take care of me. I will get to express my thoughts on my survey though. Dealers always want a perfect 10 on those.

WillySTS
08-10-09, 04:06 PM
They may not have to do it, but runflat tires are under the original warranty, if you have any of that left, for anything other than wear.

Oh, and just to let you know, satisfaction surveys from GM only go out to the original owners.

nlharter
08-10-09, 04:37 PM
They must be sending out the surveys with Certified cars now. I have one sitting right here. My salesman made sure I knew which ones applied to him. There is original warranty left, but I am not sure how I could get them covered when they have been replaced. I still can not believe I did not notice it when I purchased it. I found every little dent and ding, checked out the rear tires, drove it like I stole it, etc. Dope..... On the plus side, the only tire noise I get comes from the rears.

nlharter
08-10-09, 04:38 PM
I take that back Willy, it is actually from the dealership, not GM.

nlharter
08-18-09, 03:03 PM
Good news from my dealer. They decided to replace the junk tires with factory OEM Pirelli's. Of course it happened after a call from Cadillac customer service, but either way, I am very happy. I know there is a lot of debate on these tires, but I like the piece of mind of having a runflat on this car. It feels good to have things work out in the end.

CIWS
08-18-09, 03:12 PM
Good to hear things worked out in your interests. :)

inurok
08-18-09, 05:25 PM
I had a similar problem and the dealer gave me a free set of STS-V takeoffs with rims for the trouble and my car was not ever certified!

thefred
08-21-09, 12:45 PM
I actually asked about this last week when I was in for an oil change. Since I bought mine used form a Chevy dealer, I could not get it certified when I bought it. I offerred to sell it to my Cadillac dealership, pay them for the certification and then buy it back. They said in order for it to be certified, everything had to be original, including the tires. That GMPP extended warranty is way pricey....

jedhead
08-27-09, 09:01 PM
The STS-V I just purchased was a CPO car. The car has new tires, brake pads and wiper blades all the way around. The dealership told me that they replace anything with 25% or wear during the inspection process.

Bob

CIWS
08-27-09, 09:38 PM
Did they fit your car with the Pirelli run flats or non run flats ?

jedhead
08-28-09, 01:14 PM
They installed new OEM Pirelli run flats.

Bob

WillySTS
08-28-09, 02:55 PM
That GMPP extended warranty is way pricey....

So are repairs. I saw an STS-V engine warranty repair order for $19,000. Radiator job is over $1.000.,etc.

inurok
08-28-09, 05:22 PM
So are repairs. I saw an STS-V engine warranty repair order for $19,000. Radiator job is over $1.000.,etc.

wow thems bmw prices

CIWS
08-31-09, 10:21 AM
The LC3 motor is about 10-11K (Gm Parts Direct) for just the crate motor. So by the time a dealership gets one and sticks it in you can figure what they're going to show as a charge for the job.

Florian
08-31-09, 10:55 AM
The LC3 motor is about 10-11K (Gm Parts Direct) for just the crate motor.

Where are you getting your prices??? I was quoted 3.3K for a new motor (sans blower)

F

CIWS
08-31-09, 12:04 PM
Where are you getting your prices??? I was quoted 3.3K for a new motor (sans blower)

F

Just where you quoted, Gm Parts Direct.

Engine, sts-v - 4.4l - 4.4L
06-07 $11,007.90 $10,303.45