: Retro radio, todays features - yesterdays look

CoupedeVille'73
08-10-09, 08:45 AM
Has anyone yet seen a old-style-radio with modern features like BT, USB and things like that for the '70s Cadillacs that replaces the old 8-track radio ?
I think that would be a better idea instead of hiding the new ones in the glove compartment...

There are some retroradios, but not for the '70s Cadillacs as far as know...

CoupedeVille'73
08-10-09, 12:59 PM
Found this, but its not for Cadillacs as far as I can see...

http://www.retrosoundusa.com/

and as far as I know, import radios from th eUS don't work in Europe because of the different frequencies...
(US-odd, Europe=straight, for example US 87,5 MHz, EU 87,6 MHz), but maybe that it is sort of switchable with modern electronics...

Stingroo
08-10-09, 01:20 PM
You're in luck (possibly). If you use the Make and Model selector, Cadillac returns nothing.

But just on a hunch, I clicked Chevrolet. And for some reason, CADILLAC came up under Chevrolet.

And here's a radio for 73-89's.

http://www.retrosoundusa.com/products/details/id/24

Too bad it's $300. And I've got no idea about euro radios, but at least it exists.

sven914
08-10-09, 01:27 PM
"CADILLAC" also comes up if you just select model (no make).

I honestly don't like the way they look. Too much chrome for the interior (would look perfect mounted in the middle of the grill though). But it is the closest thing I've seen to the '70's and '80's radios that isn't factory.

Stingroo
08-10-09, 01:38 PM
Ah, I didn't try that.

I just figured checking other GM brands, and Chevrolet was the first I tried. lol

CoupedeVille'73
08-10-09, 05:10 PM
The main (and the best) idea of these radios is that the knobs are not integrated in the radio chassis itself.
This way they fit into almost any mount. As most of the very great inventions, this one is really soooo simple and effective.

Annnnnnnddddd.... tada....

It has a possibility to switch between US and European frequencies. What a great equipment this is. :)

Here's the user's manual and installation guide:

http://www.scribd.com/doc/8785479/Final-Model-One-b-and-c-Manual-5-Pm-120808

brougham
08-10-09, 06:26 PM
That looks like the crappy radios people used to buy for cars that never had them.

Angry Matt
08-10-09, 08:26 PM
No rca outputs or changer controls. Plastic chrome is ok for trim, but too much looks cheap and the color of the lcd should be green if they want it to look retro right? $300 is insane for that, $80 maybe... Just not enough features for the money.

Bro-Ham
08-10-09, 08:31 PM
It's hell owning an old car with the antique radios. The Retro Sound has a ton of features and looks more 1950's and 1960's than 1970's. I've kept my original ETR AM/FM stereo and simply added an MP3 player that plugs into the lighter and plays songs from my SD card and transmits the sound through an FM frequency. The whole thing is super small and it was $20 on ebay. I typically listen to 1950's and 60's lounge music/Frank Sinatra/Elvis/1980's classic alternative and all of it sounds halfway decent coming through my original speakers. Some days I wish I had an 8-track player and I'd be just as happy. Yellow Cadillacs should have it no other way. :) Dave

jayoldschool
08-10-09, 09:20 PM
I bought one of these:

http://dvice.com/pics/standalone_or_car_cassette_mp3_player.jpg

Load your MP3s onto an SD card, turn it on, and pop it in your tape player. FFWD and REW selects the next song! Dirt cheap, and works fine. You can even take it out and plug headphones into it...

Stingroo
08-10-09, 09:38 PM
Woah! How much is that? I have a 32gb Memory Stick Pro DUO, does it have support for those?

Even if it doesn't, I have two 16gb micro SD cards and the regular SD card adapters. That's the PERFECT solution to my radio!! Holy crap!

Angry Matt
08-10-09, 09:47 PM
Do they make it in an 8-track version? Seriously though, that's pretty cool. I would love to keep my factory radio, but I hate listening to radio stations.

Stingroo
08-10-09, 09:51 PM
No crap Matt. That's like the smartest idea ever. I didn't really want to hide a CD walkman in my arm rest just to have control of my music.. that's way too ghetto for me. lol

jayoldschool
08-10-09, 10:08 PM
Haven't seen an 8 track version, but I do remember cassette to 8 track adapters. If you are handy, you could hack up an 8 track case and make one yourself. I think all you would have to do is make sure the heads line up...

Edit:

Found an adapter (http://www.8trackheaven.com/roadrun.html), no idea if it would work with what I posted... but I think it would... I just checked, and there are lots of them on Ebay.

http://technabob.com/blog/wp-content/uploads/2008/04/8track_cassette_adapter.jpg

Bro-Ham
08-10-09, 10:08 PM
Wow! I don't have a cassette or an 8-track - - just AM/FM. Here are some pix of the solution in my car. Got it on ebay shipped from taiwan for $20 or so. The SD card plugs in the bottom or I could plug in an i-pod (if I had one...). Tune in an unused FM station and it broadcasts on the selected frequency. It has a mini LCD screen that displays song titles, etc. Even displays pictures! There is a mini remote control, not pictured, that operates everything. There are also controls on the device but I only use the remote. All of my CD's and i-tunes (I do have i-tunes but no i-pod!) are on that SD so I can listen on long trips to all my favorite music. These pictures were taken a few minutes ago in the dark. Dave :)

Angry Matt
08-10-09, 10:17 PM
Haven't seen an 8 track version, but I do remember cassette to 8 track adapters.

That's funny. As you were typing that I was looking at them on ebay. I wonder how it would sound after all that transferring. My radio's on the fritz anyway, I don't think it's got much longer.

Stingroo
08-10-09, 10:22 PM
So I found an adapter like the one Jay posted on eBay, and it says it only supports cards up to 2gb? Is that true? Or do they make others that support larger? 2gb music is like... not even 30% of my music.

jayoldschool
08-10-09, 11:06 PM
The biggest card I have is 2gb, so I can't try bigger. Just buy a pack of 2gb cards and make some mixes. You can put around 500 songs on 2gb...

Stingroo
08-10-09, 11:08 PM
True, but that's something I'd have a high probability of losing.

How's the audio quality with them? Some people have also said that the thing will randomly stop a song and play it over, and that there's no shuffle. Confirmation?

I mean, it's $6 on eBay, so if it works, I'd be pleased.

Guess I need to find some 2gb cards. lol

jayoldschool
08-10-09, 11:43 PM
How's the audio quality with them? Some people have also said that the thing will randomly stop a song and play it over, and that there's no shuffle.

Quality is as good as a tape, but with no hiss because the heads are making direct contact. Mine doesn't stop randomly. There is no shuffle - it plays the files in the order you load them. Load them up "shuffled". Pressing fast forward on your tape deck selects the next song. You may have to jiggle it around a little to get the heads to line up when you put the cassette in. Mine only played out of the right channel when I first used it, but by wiggling it it came out in stereo.

I picked a seller that shipped direct from Hong Kong, and it was fast and dirt cheap. It included a 2GB card, as well!

77CDV
08-10-09, 11:51 PM
Wow! I don't have a cassette or an 8-track - - just AM/FM. Here are some pix of the solution in my car. Got it on ebay shipped from taiwan for $20 or so. The SD card plugs in the bottom or I could plug in an i-pod (if I had one...). Tune in an unused FM station and it broadcasts on the selected frequency. It has a mini LCD screen that displays song titles, etc. Even displays pictures! There is a mini remote control, not pictured, that operates everything. There are also controls on the device but I only use the remote. All of my CD's and i-tunes (I do have i-tunes but no i-pod!) are on that SD so I can listen on long trips to all my favorite music. These pictures were taken a few minutes ago in the dark. Dave :)

Dave,

I could be wrong, but isn't that black panel that makes up the lower half of your radio the door to the 8-track? I seem to remember it being that way from my aunt's '79 FWB.

Craig

Bro-Ham
08-11-09, 12:32 AM
Dave,

I could be wrong, but isn't that black panel that makes up the lower half of your radio the door to the 8-track? I seem to remember it being that way from my aunt's '79 FWB.

Craig

Hey Craig,

You're getting me excited - I love 8-tracks! My car only has the standard AM/FM stereo - no tape player.

Dave

Stingroo
08-11-09, 12:33 AM
That's pretty good Jay. I think when I order mine I'll try it with my 16gb card anyway, just to see, because maybe it only says it supports 2gb because that's all they've tried it with.

Can't hurt to try anyway.

sven914
08-11-09, 02:11 AM
I tried to go the whole CD player, with the cassette adapter route, but it didn't work out for me. I got tired of the snake of wires running all over my passenger seat, having to hide it all in the glove box before I got out, and not being able to use the passenger door (the Walkman was plugged into the Cigar lighter on the door, because my cell phone lives in the ash tray). Finally I said "Screw it. This Cadillac was built in 1989, and when people walk by and look in the windows, I want them to know that my car never made it out of the '80's." So I replaced every one of my CD's with cassette tapes.

http://carphotos.cardomain.com/ride_images/3/2503/2881/31256440012_large.jpg

Bro-Ham
08-11-09, 10:11 AM
Sven, That's classic! Although in a period Cadillac some grocery store music cassette tapes may look a bit more appropriate. :) I added a hard wired additional cigar lighter plug-in under the dash in my car for the times I need a cell phone plug in and then my zany MP3 player stays upstairs plugged into the lighter so I can hear my favorite sounds. I have to admit if I had an 8-track or cassette player in my car I'd do it just the way you are doing it! I love car people who have fun! :) :) :)

Stingroo
08-11-09, 11:54 AM
I don't think I'd be able to FIND many cassettes of what I listen to. And I don't have a tape deck to like, make them. lol Boo :(

SedanDeVille75
08-11-09, 03:30 PM
You're in luck (possibly). If you use the Make and Model selector, Cadillac returns nothing.

But just on a hunch, I clicked Chevrolet. And for some reason, CADILLAC came up under Chevrolet.

And here's a radio for 73-89's.

link

Too bad it's $300. And I've got no idea about euro radios, but at least it exists.

vintage car radio is worth looking into, you'll have to google it i can't post a link for it, but these guys have quite a few generic radios to choose from, and it looks like they can make any of them fit if you send them the dimensions of your openings.

jayoldschool
08-11-09, 04:03 PM
Custom Autosound (http://www.casmfg.com/radios.htm) is another choice for vintage-style radios...

75sled
08-11-09, 05:17 PM
This place will restore your original radio and add a USB port for you. But sit down...it was about $600

jayoldschool
08-11-09, 05:56 PM
There's a place that will take your original radio and add an input jack that uses the cassette amp. They advertise on ebay, and will do the mod for only 60 bucks. I'll see if I can find their email address...

Found it: johnnguyen321@gmail.com

Ebay ID is factoryradios

Here's one of their auctions for a Cadillac cassette with an input added. (http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/Delco-GM-Cassette-Radio-Shaft-style-Ipod-Mp3-SAT-Aux_W0QQitemZ190308761544QQcmdZViewItemQQptZCar_Au dio_Video?hash=item2c4f493fc8&_trksid=p3911.c0.m14)

Angry Matt
08-11-09, 06:26 PM
That looks like my vinyl collection Sven (minus the Zepplin), but where's Never Say Die?

sven914
08-11-09, 07:36 PM
It wouldn't fit in the console. I have all of the other Ozzy albums (not pictured); "Never Say Die", "We Sold Our Sols for Rock and Roll" and "Black Sabbath: Greatest Hits." I even have "Heaven and Hell" never used, still in the cellophane (Dio killed the band so I won't listen to the album).

Angry Matt
08-11-09, 07:56 PM
(Dio killed the band so I won't listen to the album).

I believed that for a long time. Just recently started to appreciate Dio. I think of Heaven and Hell as his album, not a Sabbath album and it makes it alright. No one could EVER replace Ozzy.

Bro-Ham
08-11-09, 08:12 PM
Ya, so what about the non-tape player folks? I'd love to have a CB and an 8-track plus an SD. :)

jayoldschool
08-11-09, 08:17 PM
Ya, so what about the non-tape player folks? I'd love to have a CB and an 8-track plus an SD.

Email the guy I posted. He can take your stock head unit and add an input that you can plug into.

Bro-Ham
08-11-09, 08:25 PM
Jay, If he can add the 8-track and the CB sign me up! I already have the SD. :) Dave

jayoldschool
08-11-09, 09:16 PM
Wait, I misunderstood. What's "SD"? I thought you HAD the 8 track...

Stingroo
08-11-09, 09:22 PM
The SD Card for the adapter. He's got one of those, but no 8-track I guess?

jayoldschool
08-11-09, 09:32 PM
Ahh, now I understand. He has the regular AM/FM. And an SD card to go in wireless FM transmitter. The guy that I posted should be able to take your original AM/FM and add the input to it so you can plug in any external source directly.

http://www.cadillacforums.com/forums/attachment.php?attachmentid=51867&d=1249956400

Bro-Ham
08-11-09, 09:44 PM
Hold the phone, can I add an 8-track and a CB to the external source? I already have the SD pumping in my songs on MP3. But breaker 1-9 I sure don't have a CB nor my Barry Manilow coming through on 8-track. :)

jayoldschool
08-11-09, 10:40 PM
lol, you can add your Walkman on your external source if you like...

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v374/barthez4/walkman1979.jpg

Stingroo
08-11-09, 10:51 PM
Dude, Jay. I've never SEEN one of those. lmao

jayoldschool
08-11-09, 10:59 PM
Crap. I'm getting old. I remember when they came out...

Stingroo
08-11-09, 11:12 PM
I remember when CD players with radio were like, the coolest thing on the planet, and I was the only kid who had one.

I paid like $90 for that thing of my own money. lol

sven914
08-11-09, 11:54 PM
Crap. I'm getting old. I remember when they came out...

Not too old... I had one (think I still do).

Bro-Ham
08-12-09, 11:00 AM
The auxilliary input in the radio seems like the way to go! I'm going to get one so I won't have to change radio stations when I travel so I can live with my FM modulator. Thanks for the info!!

jey
08-13-09, 11:59 AM
Some of the SD readers on eBay are REALLY cool - thanks for the tip. I like how they just plug straight into the 12V power adapter - no wires! So much cleaner than using the cassette adapter. I just found one that comes with a 1.8" screen and will play VIDEOS. Seems like most of them now have aux input in addition to playing SD cards. No need to hack into your radio for the aux input - plug that CB straight into the SD reader/FM transmitter!

Bro-Ham
08-13-09, 12:16 PM
jey, mine has the video player on the mini screen but I haven't figured it out. It plays my music and displays the song titles and that's just what I need! These hong kong or taiwan - I can't remember where mine came from - - anyway, they ship FAST! Good luck! $20 bux gets you a ton of fun in our old cars! Dave

jey
08-13-09, 12:37 PM
If I didn't already have a CD player that reads MP3s in my daily driver I would have clicked Buy It Now already. With the 2" screen it's only a matter of time before they release a new one with GPS I would think. I am still waiting for a GPS unit to come out that plugs straight into the 12V socket like that - I know most people hang their GPS on the windshield - am I the only one who doesn't like that look?

Bro-Ham
08-13-09, 01:42 PM
Jey, I agree about the nav units hanging on the window - - not my cup of tea. I really don't care much for wires running all over the place either. You're right that these things evolve so quickly that what you want will come out soon I'm sure.

bwguffey
08-30-09, 09:05 PM
For what it's worth, I've got the retrosound one (first generation) in my '76 Eldorado. Probably will put one in the DeVille too, it gets the job done.

Nice radio, fits good and used the stock knob covers. Not too tricky to fit, but it took the better part of the day to get the ENORMOUS 8-track out of there.

It does what it says. RCA outs feed a crossover, amps, separates and sub. Sounds great with the amps, sounds soso without. The flashdrive part is nice, but ipod control would be nicer. Good reciever. Haven't got the CD changer for it, but it will run several models according to the docs. Beats the broke 8-track anyday.

http://www.cadillacforums.com/forums/picture.php?albumid=942&pictureid=4872

Bro-Ham
08-31-09, 12:27 AM
That is VERY cool! Is that a green interior in your 76 Eldo? Convert? Thanks for sharing! Dave :)

Cadillac Giovanni
08-31-09, 02:32 AM
http://i88.photobucket.com/albums/k200/horatiogiovanni/interior2.jpg?t=1251700188

I ran the harness down below and put a new radio in, the new housing was only 10 bucks or so, they sold it to me when I bought the radio. Then I wired a new power source to the old radio so it's face still lights up and shows the time. The ultimate thing would be to wire the old radio as an auxiliary to the new radio so I could still use the cassette player.

Cadillac Giovanni
09-01-09, 09:02 PM
Err...of course, you have to be willing to screw your ashtray shut.

Stingroo
09-01-09, 09:12 PM
See, to me that looks too messy. Functional, perhaps. But looks like too many boxes buttons and knobs.

sven914
09-01-09, 11:28 PM
^Which button opens the space-time continuum?^

bwguffey
09-02-09, 07:18 AM
That is VERY cool! Is that a green interior in your 76 Eldo? Convert? Thanks for sharing! Dave :)

It's half'n'half - Green dash/carpet/trim, white soft top/seats/door panels. Glad you like it, the install came out suprisingly clean.

Stingroo
09-02-09, 07:56 AM
Hey, green and white! That's our school color scheme. That's pretty awesome. lol

Cadillac Giovanni
09-03-09, 01:55 PM
See, to me that looks too messy. Functional, perhaps. But looks like too many boxes buttons and knobs.

Yeah, I just love my buttons and knobs, plus all the lights on my dash at night. I feel like I'm in a fighter jet.

Bro-Ham
09-04-09, 01:19 AM
Yeah, I just love my buttons and knobs, plus all the lights on my dash at night. I feel like I'm in a fighter jet.

I love all the stuff you have! That's what makes your car FUN! I put a Gentex self dimming day/night mirror with compass, temperature display, HomeLink, map lights, and ambient interior lighting. It makes the upper part of the car even more fun. What about a navigation and a ValentineOne? Bluetooth?

This website has some fun stuff and they're great to do business with: http://www.mitocorp.com

bicentennialcadillac
09-04-09, 03:33 AM
How did you get power to the mirror? Awesome mod.

Brother_B
09-07-09, 08:44 PM
I haven't successfully installed it yet, but my plan is to use a wired (not wireless) FM modulator. I also have just an AM/FM radio with no cassette in both my cars. I bought the wired FM modulator from Crutchfield. Supposed to be able to plug it in line with the car's antenna. My theory was that it would sound better than the type where you set your radio on 87.5 (or some unused frequency) and the radio picks up the signal out of the air. Like I say, though, I haven't successfully installed it yet, because my radio doesn't work at the moment. But I want to go this route because none of the aftermarket radios I've found so far are anywhere near as cool as the original Delco radio. I really want those clunky radio presets that go SHUNK when you press the button.

Angry Matt
09-07-09, 11:43 PM
I bought a wireless on once and after trying it in three different cars I returned it that day. I'm thinking of installing a FM mod in my car with the just AM/FM factory radio. I have an 8 track player now but it doesn't work. My idea is to drill a small hole in the blank spot in the bottom part of the radio where the cassette hole would be and mount a headphone jack in it for mp3 hookup. Without the cassette or 8 track, the radios are almost just a metal case, might even be able to mount the FM mod internally depending on the size of it.

HAZZARDJOHN
09-09-09, 03:59 PM
My Dad and I took his 66 Impala AM radio to these guys and they turned it into a modern am fm radio. Factory radio modern guts. He added a cd changer in the trunk and I am taking my 8 track for my Caddy to him and he is going to add an MP3 attachment. Well worth the money for the stock look and modern sounds.

http://www.turnswitch.com/radio1.htm

jey
09-10-09, 05:35 PM
How did you get power to the mirror? Awesome mod.

Love the mirror - I've been eying this:

http://www.escortradar.com/img/escort-smartmirror.jpg
http://www.escortradar.com/img/escort-smartmirror.jpg

Too bad it's $850 freakin dollars. Waiting for it to come down in price.

I was ready to take the plunge on the FM modulator too, but while I was picking it up at Best Buy the guy there reminded me it's not intuitive on my Fleetwood - the modulator requires a power source, and if it's going to sit in the trunk I'd have to figure out where to tap in for power. :sigh:

82CDV
12-23-09, 02:16 PM
If I didn't already have a CD player that reads MP3s in my daily driver I would have clicked Buy It Now already. With the 2" screen it's only a matter of time before they release a new one with GPS I would think. I am still waiting for a GPS unit to come out that plugs straight into the 12V socket like that - I know most people hang their GPS on the windshield - am I the only one who doesn't like that look?

Try these guys. They have a two part system. You buy the holder that fits your device(GPS, IPOD, Phone, etc) and the mount that fits your car. No screws, no holes.

I have it in my Accord and am waiting till I get my 92 FWB delivered to order one for it.

http://www.proclipusa.com/

HUF
12-23-09, 03:40 PM
Here is another solution. Have not tried though.
http://cgi.ebay.com/NEW-CAR-CASSETTE-TAPE-ADAPTER-FOR-MP3-IPOD-NANO-CD-MD_W0QQitemZ180448236220QQcmdZViewItemQQptZOther_M P3_Player_Accessories?hash=item2a038d92bc#ht_3496w t_1204

johnbost
07-15-10, 07:14 PM
Try SALES@BCCLASSICSANDPERFORMANCE.COM or call 951.686.3929. They are in Riverside CA, and I know they do make the radio your descibing for the caddys of the 60,s. John

occupant
09-09-10, 02:55 PM
I have to reply and say a few things:

The Delco factory radios are WONDERFUL when they are clean and operating correctly. The Delco factory speakers (especially the later Bose ones) are awesome in sound reproduction for a car when the cones are solid. If yours aren't, go junkyarding and find a clean set of speakers and an unmolested factory radio. I've done this for my Torino, got a mono dash speaker from a '77 LTD, 6x9 back deck speakers from a '93 Grand Marquis, and they are clean and have perfect cones and big heavy magnets. I can now hear music clearly over the wind/road/tire/squeaky 34-year old car noises.

It is not difficult to add an auxiliary input and wire it to the radio's amp to get MP3 functionality. I once owned a 1997 Lumina and I purchased a radio from FleaBay for about $60 that was the same as my stock radio and had a little 3.5mm plug drilled into the face to plug in an MP3 player. This can be done with GM, Chrysler, AMC, and Ford radios easily, and the radio works normally until you plug something into the input jack. Then it plays off that and the volume control still controls the volume level. Very trick. Plenty of how-to's online.

I'm too cheap to do that again, and I don't want to drill a hole in the face of my radio for the input. So what I use now is fairly simple:

Stock Ford AM-FM mono radio, $27 shipped from eBay, everything works even the pushbutton presets:
http://carphotos.cardomain.com/ride_images/3/2658/4321/31644660091_medium.jpg

Chinese knockoff 8GB iPod Nano, 4th gen, black, $15 shipped from eBay, it's got a clunky GUI but it works:
http://carphotos.cardomain.com/ride_images/3/2658/4321/31644660092_medium.jpg

Griffin iTrip Universal FM transmitter with USB port, $8 shipped from Amazon, you can choose any frequency including Euro even numbers:
http://carphotos.cardomain.com/ride_images/3/2658/4321/31644660093_medium.jpg

For $50 I have everything I need to listen to anything I want in my car. No cutting, no drilling, and I can charge the player from the iTrip's USB port. The FM transmitter seems to work quite well even though my antenna cable is cut in a couple of places and is merely taped together. There are many radio stations near me so sometimes I have to change the station on the iTrip, but it's easy to do. The USB port is also handy for charging other little things, like our Kodak digital camera, my wife's Blackberry, and my daughter's little flip video camera.

jayoldschool
09-09-10, 07:18 PM
I had an iTrip, and it sucked big time.

outsider
09-09-10, 07:46 PM
^ lol has anyone ever had an fm transmitter that didn't suck balls? :D

RippyPartsDept
09-09-10, 08:06 PM
i got something like this
http://img828.imageshack.us/img828/6329/unnamedb.jpg
in my cig. lighter - so i can charge two things at once!

also mounted an iphone holder to the left of the radio ... it's just an extension of the finger away from the steering wheel or the gear shifter

can't really take pictures of it since the iphone is my camera... i guess i could take pictures of the mount setup

MudAnt
09-09-10, 10:20 PM
I just finished installing a Retrosound Model One v3 radio in my '86 FWB. It gives the dash a nice modern look without over-doing it, since it works with the original woodgrain knobs. Install was fairly easy, though it's amp is too powerful for the stock speakers, and it breaks them up quite easily. Sounds great at a normal volume though, likely even better with new speakers.

One issue with the v3 radio (which they will likely correct soon, as it was just released) is that it skips the first second of each song when you're using the USB MP3 playback mode. I don't believe the older one (v2) had this issue, but it doesn't have the external USB/Aux/SD card input box, as well as some other features.

Overall, I'm satisfied with it. Fixed the track skipping issue by adding a 1 second delay to the start of all the songs on the USB drive.

TWasArroundHere
09-10-10, 08:59 AM
I want to put one in my 84 DeVille.. can you post a picture of how it looks?

MudAnt
09-10-10, 06:56 PM
http://filesmelt.com/dl/IMG_2848.jpg

http://filesmelt.com/dl/IMG_2851.jpg

Blends in quite nicely I think

jayoldschool
09-10-10, 07:12 PM
Too bad you can't select orange illumination! Looks good, though...

TWasArroundHere
09-10-10, 09:22 PM
Looks great! Now I'm definitely going to get one.

MudAnt
09-10-10, 11:57 PM
Looks great! Now I'm definitely going to get one.

Cool, feel free to PM me if you have any questions doing the install.

I can also show you how to easily add delays to all your music if you're going to be using a USB drive, and the first-second skip bug annoys you as much as it annoyed me. That is if they haven't fixed that bug by the time you get yours.

TWasArroundHere
09-11-10, 08:53 AM
Does it have an IPod hookup?

MudAnt
09-11-10, 12:28 PM
You can connect your iPod through either of the 2 aux inputs, but it can't actually control your iPod like today's stock radios can. That would be sort of pointless anyway because these cars don't have buttons on the steering wheel.

Vladillac Khrougham
06-07-13, 02:17 AM
If only this (http://uncrate.com/stuff/panasonic-cq-tx5500d-vacuum-tube-car-stereo/) had a tape deck :(