Cadillac Owners Forum banner

It works. It finally works!

688 views 3 replies 3 participants last post by  sven914 
#1 ·
After three years of having no cruise control, it works. After three years of having a rough idle, random stalling, and slight run-on, the engine runs as smooth as glass. The routing is still messy, (and as far as the CC is concerned probably wrong), but everything works.

This is how I had to route the cruise control:

The right vacuum port on the CC servo goes through a large diameter hose, to the firewall.

Now for the problem; whenever I use the cruise control, the check engine light comes on (code 45/rich exhaust).

See less See more
#2 ·
Sven, That's great! These cars are too much fun to have on a long drive without the cruise so you must feel good about finally being able to enjoy that feature. Was the problem of the rough idle related? Too bad about the check engine light. You can always put a piece of electrical tape over it... Keep on having fun with your car and I hope you get it just the way you want it! Dave :)

#4 ·
The vacuum routing was screwed beyond belief; the cruise control was routed to the atni-dieseling sol through the manifold vac line, the other port went to a dead end hole, the line to the servo from the fire wall went to a carburetor port (supposed to be used for the canister purge solenoid), the one line for the canister purge had a bolt in it, the line for the vacuum canister was routed to the carburetor, the VDV was disconnected and laying on the valve cover, the VRV had three things coming off it (it is only supposed to have two, I think the other one was the ILC), and on the front of the carburetor, where there are those two ports coming out of one (make sort of a Y) the ports were hosed together. I think a few of the connections on the "Top Sol" were also crossed.

And even with all of that, compiled with rotting snakes and fluid leaks, the engine never failed to start, it has never left me stranded on the side of the road waiting for AAA, or sitting in my driveway late for work. I've even driven the car with an open PCV system, and it got me home.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.