: Factory Alarm...

jcresciSTS
08-09-09, 09:32 PM
Previous owner gave me a remote with the set of keys but a button is missing and didn't work anyways. Always use key to enter car and alarm never goes off.

A few weeks after getting my oil changed at SpeeDee I unlocked the door through the driver window since it was down, an alarm went off and I realized it was mine, I started the car and it went off. I tried to emulate it but to no avail. Now today after going to Starbucks, I unlocked the doors with my key and the alarm went off, I started car and the alarm stopped. I remember pushing the power lock button 2-3x to lock the car before leaving it. I tried to emulate it and the alarm didn't sound. What's up with this? lol

I haven't tried to change the battery for the remote, if this is even possible.

1caddygeek
08-09-09, 09:48 PM
Previous owner gave me a remote with the set of keys but a button is missing and didn't work anyways. Always use key to enter car and alarm never goes off.

I haven't tried to change the battery for the remote, if this is even possible.

Directions are in the manual.

No manual? No problem.

There is an indent on the side of the remote at the small end, near key ring.

Insert a quarter and turn to separate the two plastic halves of the remote.

Remove the rubber housing (Carefully) from the circuit board and slide the battery out.

Reverse the process to assemble the remote.

Remotes can be acquired on eBay, if yours needs to be replaced.

jcresciSTS
08-09-09, 09:55 PM
Yeah, no FSM...I'll give it a try...I'll probably go with an aftermarket alarm eventually with a paging system on the remote

I'm just wondering why teh alarm gets set sometimes just from locking the door? I've owned the car since May of this year and its only happened twice