: Passenger side rockers

thatcoder
08-09-09, 08:45 PM
My passenger side rocker panels aren't properly installed. When I find issues like this, i wonder what sort of QA went into this car's build process. I had the vehicle in the body shop right after buying it dealing with a flawed paint job on the roof.

OldRoadDawg
08-09-09, 08:47 PM
http://www.cadillacforums.com/forums/cadillac-cts-v-series-forum-2009/176830-rocker-fit.html

nynd
08-09-09, 08:57 PM
That was my original post... did you readjust it yourself? I was looking at it but haven't done anything yet.

thatcoder
08-09-09, 09:10 PM
no. i refuse to. i'll take it in to the dealer deal with it.

Gary Wells
08-09-09, 09:18 PM
I wonder myself sometimes. I saw a C6ZO6, I believe an '07, at a car cruise yesterday, and it's paint job was definitely superior to most or all of the CTS-V's that I have seen. It was virtually free of orange peel. Generally not so the CTS-V's.

tbss08
08-09-09, 09:21 PM
I wonder myself sometimes. I saw a C6ZO6, I believe an '07, at a car cruise yesterday, and it's paint job was definitely superior to most or all of the CTS-V's that I have seen. It was virtually free of orange peel. Generally not so the CTS-V's.

If you saw a C6 without orange peel it was either an aftermarket paint job or someone wet sanded the clear and cleaned up the paint. It is the nature of the beast with the paint used to get orange peel.

Gary Wells
08-09-09, 09:53 PM
If you saw a C6 without orange peel it was either an aftermarket paint job or someone wet sanded the clear and cleaned up the paint. It is the nature of the beast with the paint used to get orange peel.
Not to be disagreeable, but I believe that your statement could be construed as somewhat misleading. Most of the C6ZO6's that I have seen for the last several years were polished enough on the top surfaces at the factory to appear presentable. Generally not rubbed out / polished / sanded on the sides and rears of then cars. I don't believe that anybody can shoot a paint regardless of type that does not inherently contain at least some orange peel.
Good paint shops color sand between coats so that if there is any orange peel, it is kept to a minimum. There might be some difference between the quality of GM paint jobs from year to year, too. I did look at a lot of new C6ZO6's for the last few years up until very recently, and i can positively state that the paint jobs turned out in '07 & early to mid '08 are superior to the current '09's paint jobs being turned out. (Orange Peel wise).